My Strings Are SO Old.....

redrum

Eric Clapton also hates new strings, I know of at least once he went something like a whole tour without changing them and when asked about it he said something like "There just getting broken in" I hate new strings new. One time I even noticed the brass was starting to come off the wire in parts B) .

My Strings Are SO Old.....

Then change them! Old strings don't play in tune; the intonation goes all over the place, plus the fact that worn strings cause premature fret wear. I change strings on current guitars (i.e. ones that are in use) at least once a month, and if I break one I change the whole set.

RB

Yeah , i too hate old strings cos they go all tight like cheese wire and hard to play , plus you loose all the resonance and sustain with cruddy old strings .

I like 'em nice and fresh and change them once a month .

I'll use strings until they break or starting sounding dull. However strings can get kind of funky before that. If it wont stay in tune or the "bottom" of it has indentations for rubbing on the frets I'll pull 'em all off and start over. New strings don't bother me I just prefer to be thrifty.

I hate old strings too, but I don't want to pay new strings all the time. :D

I hear you there and I agree that they need a week or two to really break in (at least with my nylon strings they do). I buy my nylon strings from ZAYA-RUZO (Made in the Ukraine) for $2 a set plus about 70 cents to mail them (they come from Connecticut) and they sound as good or better than any of the expensive ones I've tried.

But the thread was meant as humor about your 'ancient' strings.

B)

I hear you there and I agree that they need a week or two to really break in (at least with my nylon strings they do). I buy my nylon strings from ZAYA-RUZO (Made in the Ukraine) for $2 a set plus about 70 cents to mail them (they come from Connecticut) and they sound as good or better than any of the expensive ones I've tried.

But the thread was meant as humor about your 'ancient' strings.

B)

Very cheap! But these strings are for acoustic guitar, no?

Yes, I play a classical. I've tried Augustine's and D'Addarios and I think the Zaya-Ruzo's are as good or better than the overpriced brands.

B)

I like Augustine's too, but is very expensive. So I use D'Addarios in the acoustic guitar, and Ernie Ball in the electric guitar. :)

Yeah , i too hate old strings cos they go all tight like cheese wire and hard to play , plus you loose all the resonance and sustain with cruddy old strings .

I like 'em nice and fresh and change them once a month .

They are hard to play once they're old!

I change them every time they break! Not once a month!

Matt. :mellow:

Archived