Chris Cornell...

Hotplant

• 2 weeks later...
CCJS.jpg

CCkneelstage08.jpg

CCface08.jpg

Hotplant, in addition to the hands, I always loved a glimpse of a guy's hip area too. ;)

He has Many parts I like. :shifty:

I love how he connects to the audience, getting down and being face to face. Love it!

Chris still looks as good as he did 16 years ago !!!

ev7st2.jpg

I swear I didn't tell him where the fountain of youth was, honest.

Yes, well years in the cloudy Northwest must have saved his face from so much sun damage.

But...he just keeps getting better..... :)

Hey Mad!

I've been absent due to friggen appointments alllll week.

Those look a bit like the one's on his site, only in black and white.

Hey, he looks divine in ANY light or color. :D

Thanx for posting! :icecream:

Since I saw him, I am still in Cornell heaven. Thought it would pass, but tis not to be. What can ya do? :fan:

Hey Mad!

I've been absent due to friggen appointments alllll week.

Those look a bit like the one's on his site, only in black and white.

Hey, he looks divine in ANY light or color. :D

Thanx for posting! :icecream:

Hey Hotplant! I thought as much so I didn't want to bombard you with messages. Hope everything is OK.

Since I saw him, I am still in Cornell heaven. Thought it would pass, but tis not to be. What can ya do? :fan:

It happens - especially when the concerts are as great as these were - just enjoy it while it lasts.

CCstagekneel.jpg

CCbluestagekneel.jpg

CCconcertend08.jpg

Edited by MadScreamingGallery

Heehee...you know me well now, Mad. I love those kneeling poses. :blush:

And of course the little hip tease. :shifty:

I'm getting better, thanks.

A little Audioslave for the good ol days. :

:drumz:

Play LOUD, of course. Brad is amazing too.

Like what Robert once said:

Some nights I could just f*** the entire front row. In this case ...the entire band! :bagoverhead::drool:

Heehee...you know me well now, Mad. I love those kneeling poses. :blush:

And of course the little hip tease. :shifty:

I'm getting better, thanks.

A little Audioslave for the good ol days. :

:drumz:

Play LOUD, of course. Brad is amazing too.

Like what Robert once said:

Some nights I could just f*** the entire front row. In this case ...the entire band! :bagoverhead::drool:

Thanks for that great Audioslave clip! I blasted it.

:hysterical:"...had the whole show..."

One of my favorite Robert quotes. :shifty:

Edited by MadScreamingGallery

• 2 months later...

Do not forget to watch Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight on ABC.

Mr. Gorgeous will be performing.

He will also be on Leno on Mar. 20th.

Don't miss his show either!

All tour dates on his website, Facebook, and MySpace.

Scream the LP, comes out today!

*finally!* Never heard of postponing a release for so long, but whatever.

He has been doing the entire LP on tour, and if you are nice...unlike the stoned out Amsterdammed crowd...he will be nice back, and even take requests from the audience, doing 13 extra songs in Berlin. They were nice and he returned with songs from his entire career.

:cheer::banana::bravo:

I really appreciate CC and respect that he is trying new music avenues with his new album.

I just wish it had something on the label/sticker (front cover) that it was in a different (pop/dance/rap, etc..) format, so I would have held off from buying it (as I was greatly disappointed in 90+% of the new album). I'll be returning the (now) "used" CD to the store this weekend to trade it out for something else that does rock.

I do hope that he Rocks out with a full band on his upcoming US tour (and not a dj or taped loops from the cd) as he could alienate his already established rock fan-base, while attempting to pick up a new younger audience.

R B)

Edited by reids

Nice hands too. :)

Hotplant, I'm sorry to say that last night in Montreal was the last show of this tour so this is probably it as far as CC pics - at least until next year.

CCV.jpg

:angry::o

That must have been the end of the "ROCK" tour..., because he just added more tour dates for the southeast. I'm hoping these new dates added are ROCK (full band) and NOT (Rap, Pop, new album looped stuff with karaoke dance mix/re-mix with Timbaland and Justin Timberlake) or I won't be there.

Anyone know? (Is the new leg of the tour going to be a rock or dance format)???

R B)

Edited by reids

Whatever you make it I'd say.

As I said before, he is doing the entire Scream LP. Then...depending on audience response (from what I've read) he's up for anything.

Soungarden, Temple of the Dog, Audioslave etc.

Check out You tube for Immigrant Song on this current tour. I believe he sung that in Berlin. He has been adding that to his set.

And his band is totally capable. :yesnod:

Like Robert, he can't please everyone. He has to move forward, not backwards.

And he is just worth seeing. Period. Unless you are in Chile, his ticket prices are for small venues (extra nice) like 35 bucks! worth every single cent. :)

ps: timbaland won't be there...I know...thank gawd.

Edited by Hotplant

Soundgarden yes. TOD yes. First few solo projects yes. Audioslave yes. New solo project hell no. I picked up the new CD and after one listen I swear to God I threw it in the trash (My roomate fished it out and kept it)

The guy has powerful pipes and doesn't need to join forces with Timbaland. Really disappointed.

Thanks, HotPlant. :) Much appreciated. :D

Yes, I agree totally, Paperback Writer... :)

Chris would have been better off doing (anything in a rock format (sing the alphabet or read the phone book) or even a covers album (including his great cover of Michael Jackson's, "Billie Jean" and maybe some Zep covers, too (like HotPlant mentioned above).

The "new" sound is not happening (in my opinion), but you can't please everyone. My big question to Chris is, Why??? (to bring attention to himself and then release a "really good album that Rocks (hopefully) and/or a project album with some great musicians like JP or something???

R B)

Edited by reids

Ha, he really doesn't need to draw attention, his fan base worldwide is solid.

He can pick and choose what he wants to do, and learn from it.

Myself, I'd LOVE to see Audioslave again. But we 'can't always get what we want.'

And like I told my friend, and this is from a female view: The drool factor alone is sooo worth the price, no matter what he does. :wub:

:icecream::elvis2:

Ha, he really doesn't need to draw attention, his fan base worldwide is solid.

He can pick and choose what he wants to do, and learn from it.

Myself, I'd LOVE to see Audioslave again. But we 'can't always get what we want.'

You are correct, HotPlant. He must be bored with rock and wants to do something else, who knows???

I was just (personally) disappointed as I waited a year or more for some "good ol', real rock" (and after the letdown of nothing transpiring from the JP/JPJ/Jason project), it was really disheartening (that someone of Chris' calibre and all would want his name associated with something as mediocre and in a completely different format as "Scream"...

Simply this:

All his record company (Sony/Interscope/Universal) had to do (to not "mislead" consumers into thinking this was a "Rock" record) was to put a sticker on his cd and let his fans know this record would not sound anything like his previous albums and let fans hear samples of the songs, so they could make the decision for themselves.

Just as Chris can't make everyone happy, neither you nor I can make everyone happy either, but we can take preventative measures to give others clear communication in advance.

I do not blame Chris (at all). You are correct. He is an artist (and a true one at that).

I blame his record label's Public Relations/A&R/ Promotions for not clearly communicating that his new work was not resembling his previous work and misrepresented his new one to the public.

"Bait and Switch" could have been a good title, but i think that the one they chose, "Scream", probably fits it best....

R B)

Edited by reids