Ok, Another Tour Rumour?

Nice of you Lady Goodman to put all the rumors out there to debate and discuss. And I imagine your list will go longer as the O2 showtime nears. :blink:

Everytime I see a new rumor I just yawn. The only thing we've seen in regards to a possible tour is Robert & Allison in 2008. The only thing we know for sure, at this point, is that Led Zeppelin is playing a charity gig at the O2 in December.

I don't understand why the NME are reporting this as headline news - 'confirmation of Led Zeppelin 2008 tour'. It is no such thing.

$

They want to get the attention and extra $$$ for being the first to report it like they were with the reunion announcement.

Well, check out the latest-interesting, and if it is true, they probably want to skewer the lead singer of the Cult-

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1574740/2...ahooNewscrawler

Let's be honest, this is hardly not going to happen just because Astbury said something.

Christ !!!! as a lifelong cult fan it's a dream to me. The last Cult album, Born Into This was incredible stuff. Along ith Mighty Rearranger it was another example of the old school wipeing the floor with the new that's out there.

All l need is for Jane's Addiction to reform and add themselves to the bill.

The best 70's band - Led Zep

The Best 80's Band - The Cult (well original G n R aren't going to do it)

The Best 90's Band - Jane's A

This would make the tour of the 00's

I thought Plant was touring with Allison Krauss next year. I think Ian Astbury is trying to get some publicity for the Cult. And it looks like it's working.

I don't know. With the MASSIVE amount of Zep related merchandize out there now, the fact that Page and the crew are on a shit load of magazine covers and that the band are in the news so much, I honestly believe the promotion machine is in overdrive to get ready for a tour. I know that people on the forum will disagree but it seems like too much attention to promote one concert that is already sold out and has no pay per view or televised plan in place. I honestly believe that we will see them on the road next year.

BTW: The Cult seem like the perfect opening band, them or The Crowes at least.

I don't know. With the MASSIVE amount of Zep related merchandize out there now, the fact that Page and the crew are on a shit load of magazine covers and that the band are in the news so much, I honestly believe the promotion machine is in overdrive to get ready for a tour. I know that people on the forum will disagree but it seems like too much attention to promote one concert that is already sold out and has no pay per view or televised plan in place. I honestly believe that we will see them on the road next year.

BTW: The Cult seem like the perfect opening band, them or The Crowes at least.

IF this ever was to occur, I find it an odd match....the Cult to open for Led Zeppelin? It's just me but I don't see it. And does Led Zeppelin really need an opening act? They didn't have opening acts when they toured back in the day did they? Personally, I would love 2 hours or whatever of Led Zeppelin sans opening act. B)

IF this ever was to occur, I find it an odd match....the Cult to open for Led Zeppelin? It's just me but I don't see it. And does Led Zeppelin really need an opening act? They didn't have opening acts when they toured back in the day did they? Personally, I would love 2 hours or whatever of Led Zeppelin sans opening act. B)

They did early on and a few times they would have an opening act. Early on it was Alice Cooper, Spirit, Vanilla Fudge and a few others. But later on they also had some. Judas Priest opened for their last show in American in Oakland.

They did early on and a few times they would have an opening act. Early on it was Alice Cooper, Spirit, Vanilla Fudge and a few others. But later on they also had some. Judas Priest opened for their last show in American in Oakland.

I heard about some opening acts in the early days but I didn't realize they had opening acts in the later days as well.

Maybe we should start a whole new speculation thread on which band/bands/singers would be a good opening act for LZ tour 2008? :P I'm joking folks! :D

I know they had some opening acts in 75 and 77, but they were local guys that weren't well known for the most part. There's only a few of them also. They didn't have opening acts all the time. Judas Priest was not really a huge name at that time. They had been around a while but they weren't as big as they would be in the 80s.

Well, the rumor mills have certainly been in overdrive lately, haven't they? Let's see, so far we have:

The 02 Gig will be shown via satellite in selected theaters

Some Boyband ARE doing this with their gig at the O2, I wish Zeppelin would.

A block of dates are on hold for June 2008 at Giants Stadium in NJ for a Led Zeppelin tour

I heard a rumour a couple of months ago from 'a friend of a friend' that "Swan Song" were phoning UK venues for availablility next April/May. Is Swan Song still a going concern though?

The Cure will be the opening act for a 2008 Led Zeppelin tour

I'd rather have to see The Cure than The Cult if I had to suffer a support band at all.

And as for who 'deserves' a Led Zep tour I'd say the UK had a better case to argue, no tours since the early 70s, Earl's Court in '75 and Knebworth in '79 doesn't quite compare to the US tours of 75 and 77 now does it? And as for Scotland (my home) no LZ gigs since 1972?!?!

Led Zeppelin for Glasgow 2008!

Please!

Sam.E

I heard a rumour a couple of months ago from 'a friend of a friend' that "Swan Song" were phoning UK venues for availablility next April/May. Is Swan Song still a going concern though?

Not in that capacity and any bookings in Europe would probably be investigated thru tried and true promoters such as Rod McSween at ITB or Fritz Rau's staff in Germany. Harvey's probably blown his shot at anything beyond the O2 but what do I know anyway. Well, let's standby for the Rod McSween is booking a tour for Led Zeppelin

rumor threads. I can't wait. <_<

Actually Steve, I did check-and from what I could see I was the FIRST person who posted this. If I was not, I am SO sorry. I am quite new to message boards and still can't get over how rude people are to others because they are "anonymous." I saw some news I thought quite interesting, I looked for other posts and did not see any, and I posted it. My, my, shame one me. Perhaps I just read from now on, at the risk of doing something "wrong." Good Lord.

Not in that capacity and any bookings in Europe would probably be investigated thru tried and true promoters such as Rod McSween at ITB or Fritz Rau's staff in Germany. Harvey's probably blown his shot at anything beyond the O2 but what do I know anyway. Well, let's standby for the Rod McSween is booking a tour for Led Zeppelin

rumor threads. I can't wait. <_<

I CAN'T WAIT EITHER!

To be fair to the bloke who told me this he didn't say "Swan Song" he said "Zeppelin's Organisation" and waved his hand in that 'fill in the blank' way and I provided Swan Song as it was the first thing that popped into my head.

I cannot even tell you what I would do to be able to see the reunion...especially if they tour and make it out to the Warfield in SF again!!! my mom RAISED me on Zeppelin and I missed them by about a decade...figures!!

who wouldn't love to hear them in concert even if you heard them in the 70's it would be great to hear them again

• 2 weeks later...
Well, check out the latest-interesting, and if it is true, they probably want to skewer the lead singer of the Cult-

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1574740/2...ahooNewscrawler

I really hope, even in the "one night stand"...that it isnt a sample tour like the Stones did last year. The Stones were great and it was an awesome show. But they tried to play as many tunes as possible within their 2 hour set and that amounted to "Samples" of each tune....nothing like concerts of the past.

I'd rather hear 6 full versions or extended versions of tunes, rather than a dozen 10-minute sound bytes. That's what we do, we learn the first ten minutes of easy parts and then move on to the next tune...what we wanna hear is the hard parts and the rest of the tune.

I think its always been a notion its just the fact of when will the final decision be made and will we be happy with the result. Plus even if there was a choise already made they wouldnt tell us look at the GOSSIP.

On the radio today they said that Zep is booked for the Bonarror or whatever that is called with Matelica headlining and that there is no tour planned.

Then 5 minutes later they said that that show is the beginning of a U.S. tour...

Who knows? us older folks will have to take a small loan to get a ticket anyway...

Anticipay-ay-tion, makin it good, makin it right...........

Archived