DO U KNOW HAWK WIND

tsaeb eht

Of course there would be NO Hawkwind AND NO Motorhead without good 'ol Lemmy Kilminster :):)

I disagree on the Hawkwind part.

Do tell, who would have played bass so majesticaly and given HW that turbo sound if not Lemmy??!!:):):):)

Lemmy was certainly great in Hawkwind, but his time as bass player is less than 10% of the band's history. They were already a great band before he joined and continued to be a great band after he was fired.

The first award Hawkwind ever won after 41 years.

Thats a long time to be overlooked, but they certainly have influenced a good few people..........."Hurry on sundown see what tomoorow brings"

"

"

This is a quote from you tube.

" I agree with Lemmy - the only reason that Pink Floyd got so big live was that they had bigger and better PA systems than Hawkwind, otherwise there was no contest in the psychedelic/space rock world".

This is a quote from you tube.

" I agree with Lemmy - the only reason that Pink Floyd got so big live was that they had bigger and better PA systems than Hawkwind, otherwise there was no contest in the psychedelic/space rock world".

You can always rely on Lemmy for a good quote ! :)

"I mean, we weren't the fuckin' Pink Floyd, man. We weren't, you know...cute [laughs] we were like a fuckin' black nightmare ! We used to lock the doors so the people couldn't get out ! [laughs like Sid James]"

"It was like Star Trek with long hair...and drugs, you know..."

“That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it !”

Nice Hawkwind influenced band.

I like that. :)

Space Ritual, a band made up of ex-Hawkwind members who formed in 2000.

Here they are live performing Children of the Sun

True, but Lemmy cannot be minimized when talking about HW's career:):)

No but Lemmy didn't make HW, HW prob was the making of lemmy..................."If you like to Gamble"

He is 65 yet I didn't think he was that old, i know he isn't 21 anymore but he just seems well lemmy..

No but Lemmy didn't make HW, HW prob was the making of lemmy..................."If you like to Gamble"

He is 65 yet I didn't think he was that old, i know he isn't 21 anymore but he just seems well lemmy..

PLs pay attention, I never said Lemmy created HW or anything, just that HW would NOT have been 50% of HW without him:):):)

PLs pay attention, I never said Lemmy created HW or anything, just that HW would NOT have been 50% of HW without him:):):)

I don't pay attention have Attention probs, and wasn't having go, although I could if you want <_< , I was merely saying and should say IMHO just in case I get shot, that HW was prob the making of.....blah blah so it was more a comment of yeh reply to you but not pushing you to have an arguement, if you get my drift. Although again we can have one if you like....."is this the room for and arguement ??..................(silence) , excuse me is this a the room for an arguement ?") Piss( I mean) peace my friend :)

I don't pay attention have Attention probs, and wasn't having go, although I could if you want dry.gif , I was merely saying and should say IMHO just in case I get shot, that HW was prob the making of.....blah blah so it was more a comment of yeh reply to you but not pushing you to have an arguement, if you get my drift. Although again we can have one if you like....."is this the room for and arguement ??..................(silence) , excuse me is this a the room for an arguement ?") Piss( I mean) peace my friend :)

Peace be with you 2......."it's only R?N?R but WE like it don't we":):)!!

yeh it's funny that someone like myself , who is quite familiar with rock and roll, and even freaky rock n roll like frank zappa.......would be so totally unfamiliar with a band of this era.

you and i would seem to be of about the same generation.....suppose i always went for the guitar god type bands.......and maybe hawkwind is a bit progressive.......which i would have shunned........dunno.........certainly had my fair share of bowie and the likes

yeh it's funny that someone like myself , who is quite familiar with rock and roll, and even freaky rock n roll like frank zappa.......would be so totally unfamiliar with a band of this era.

you and i would seem to be of about the same generation.....suppose i always went for the guitar god type bands.......and maybe hawkwind is a bit progressive.......which i would have shunned........dunno.........certainly had my fair share of bowie and the likes

Well none were more Progressive than Zappa, he incorporated the lot. Hawkwind are in a genre of one though. Always the rebels, Playing a free gig outside of the Isle Of White Festival fence when Hendrix played there in 1970. But bands have passed me by.

HW are a mixture of spaced out psychedelic prog. Brainstorm will make you flip :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ nice one, this should of been on the original, I do love the "Quark" album though. ITs very quirky :thumbsup:

Here's another. The reissues are great, lots of bonus tracks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA1cVhH6b3Y

An extended version of Spirit of the Age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7-y2DiwcOs

They should've released that as a 12 inch single!

Archived