Anyone see Zeppelin Who 1969 Maryland show ?

mimidora

Hi;

I was wondering if anyone saw or knows anything about the Zeppelin/Who gig at the Merriweather Post Pavillion in Maryland on May 25, 1969 (their second US tour). I know it was their only US gig together, but that's about it.

Anything would be great. Stories, info, anecdotes, setlist etc etc.

Thanks.

One other Who/Zep show was scheduled for (St Louis IIRC) and Zep backed out. The Washington Post reviews were not favorable to Zep and only one track (Whole Lotta Love) was caught on tape by a Who taper who either came late or decided at the last minute that Zep was tapeworthy. It can easily be found on the net.

Full show reviews of Merriweather (and Laurel Pop Fest) can be found in the archives at Washington Post's website....for a fee of course. (I read them while in college on microfishe in the library archives. That was a LONG time ago. I do however remember quotes such as "blown off the stage" and such. :rolleyes:

Hi;

I was wondering if anyone saw or knows anything about the Zeppelin/Who gig at the Merriweather Post Pavillion in Maryland on May 25, 1969 (their second US tour). I know it was their only US gig together, but that's about it.

Thanks.

A buddy of mine (make that an Older buddy....lol) was there. He doesn't remember a whole lot about it, but he worked at Giant Music at the time & got his tix free. He was a Marshall amp repairman at the time. Merriweather's still a great place, btw...

Hi;

Thanks.

Iwasn't there but the the set was probably the same as Boston or New York a few days later

Train

I can't quit you

Dazed

You shook me

White Summer / Black Mountain

How many more times (medley)

Communication Breakdown

You were very blessed to see them with The Who!!!

Who did you go to see that night?

• 4 years later...

Hi;

Thanks.

I was 18 at the time and I attended to see the Who. I was amazed to hear this band that was kicking the show off for the Who. I thought they were a local Grand Funk imitator band named Coyote from Rockville, MD but soon realized that wasn't the case. Whoever it was was getting my full attention. They were amazing. I asked my friends, "Who are these guys?" and no one in my crowd knew. The next morning I phoned a friend and raved about the unknown band who said, "Hey silly, that was Led Zeppelin." I went right to the record store and bought the 8 track and have been a fan ever since.

Archived