Page rep comments on possible Album & Tour

MrZoSo

QUOTE (Nathan @ Nov 13 2008, 10:39 PM)

"I never wanted to do it. Now I want to do nothing else."

That comment was made concerning his doing the one-off gig.

--------------------

Jill Martin of MSG TV interviewed LED ZEPPELIN singer Robert Plant on Friday (January 25, 2008) during the halftime break of the Knicks and Sixers game at New York City's Madison Square Garden. Plant spoke about his most memorable performance at Madison Square Garden, his upcoming tour with and bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss, and the possibility of playing again with with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham. "You never know what is around the corner," was Robert's reply regarding the ZEPPELIN reunion tour rumors.

QUOTE (Nathan @ Nov 13 2008, 10:39 PM)

"I never wanted to do it. Now I want to do nothing else."

That comment was made concerning his doing the one-off gig.

--------------------

Jill Martin of MSG TV interviewed LED ZEPPELIN singer Robert Plant on Friday (January 25, 2008) during the halftime break of the Knicks and Sixers game at New York City's Madison Square Garden. Plant spoke about his most memorable performance at Madison Square Garden, his upcoming tour with and bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss, and the possibility of playing again with with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham. "You never know what is around the corner," was Robert's reply regarding the ZEPPELIN reunion tour rumors.

Now I am not 12 but I fully understand this. I am sure a select few know exactly what has gone down, and it will be revealed eventually. To add, there is a video of this interview on Youtube that Kevin is quoting from. I am to lazy to find it, but it exists.

*for those of you under 25, press conferences were meetings held between a band and members of the press at long tables in small cramped rooms. Smokes, microphones and pitchers of water were often found on these tables. Many questions were answered, truthfully in most cases. Some were not. But whatever the answer, the band spoke for themselves.

_music-smiley-018.gif

Well, the table is supposed to be round

What's boring are the posters that supposedly love Jimmy and slag him for not doing things fast enough and not with right singer and the right attitude and the right blood chemistry and the right set list and God- forbid making money at his craft.

No idea if you were referring to my post specifically, but let me say that I personally was not slagging Jimmy. I'm just unenthusiastic about spending the next 28 years debating when or if something is going to happen; I'd rather just sit out the whole back-and-forth until some music actually emerges, for which I would be delighted if Jimmy gets paid. (Why the hell not?) And anybody else he happens to be playing with. And I'll be thrilled to be one of the ones paying him. But it seems my money's pretty safe for the foreseeable future, which is why my interest is waning.

oooops.... I should have tried the link . but it really does not matter. everyone here saw the interview and it wsa talked about alot when it first came out.

selective amnesia is contagious on this board.

Yes it was. And as usual it was discussed at nauseum. Which unfortunately most topics are. Hopefully this one (the statement posted originally in this thread) will stop the ridiculous notion that Jimmy is going to damage the Led Zeppelin legacy by starting a new band and playing Led Zeppelin songs live. Heaven forbid.

Yes it was. And as usual it was discussed at nauseum. Which unfortunately most topics are. Hopefully this one (the statement posted originally in this thread) will stop the ridiculous notion that Jimmy is going to damage the Led Zeppelin legacy by starting a new band and playing Led Zeppelin songs live. Heaven forbid.

It should

My my...Zeppelin was comprised of four key ingredients, one has been removed.

There is no Zeppelin as it was.

The time has passed.

The chemistry of artistry cannot be compromised or it isn't art, it's a sellout.

If the planets align and the three blokes find a common spark and excitement so be it.

If not - Piss off.

Zeppelin was always the middle ground where they met musically, the physical graffiti if you will.

Just be thankful PJP are still around to contribute whatever musical whim they may conjure for your enjoyment or not, after all...it was never about you anyway. :P

RIP

Mitch

This clarifies things. Ok, so let me explain the posts reverence like i would to a 12 year old.

It has been said that Jimmy should move along, and forget Robert in this thread, and he really has had no other plan other than Robert joining. Well, from conception that was the plan. Jimmy had reason to believe/conformation, Robert had interest in doing a future Led Zeppelin project.

At some point in between Jimmy's press conference in Japan and shortly there after Robert changed his mind. Therefore to a degree plans had to be changed. A bit of a waiting game possibly was taking place, and emotions of this unspoken tension was evident in public appearances. Now I have no evidence of this, it is second hand info, so if someone with greater knowledge would like to counter this info, (or add to it) it be most welcome. Hopefully this would clear things up a bit for you. :rolleyes:

This is exactly what I asked a couple of pages ago. Even though most everyone says that Robert never wanted to do anything beyond O2, is it possible that privately he gave Jimmy hope that he might do more?

I disagree about the 02 being used to fuel Raising Sand. On the contrary much of the press relating to Robert had a lot to do with the 02 show and Raising Sand took a bit of a back seat initially. That album's success had to do with the fact it was a damn good album and would have had it regardless of the reunion show.

Amen!

My guess iis that Robert always took a wait and see aproach. He had the tour with Allison and probably didn't know himself what his decision would be reguarding Zeppelin. Jimmy and Jonsey probably held out hope that Plant would return to the fold and now it's not happening. Ok, get a new singer and record some new mind blowing songs under a new name. Lets go Jimmy, we've all been waiting for 8 years. Man, there is nothing like the day of a Jimmy Page show. JIMMMAAAAAAY!

Personally, I loved the Raising Sand project. This is something so totally unexpected for Robert to have done and it is in my opinion brilliant.

What's to say the three J's aren't working on something that will totally blow us away and it may not sound anything like Zep. Sign me up. If JPJ and JP are making it, I'm there.

I'm not so sure I want Jimmy, Jonesy, Jason and Mystery Date to be named anything BUT LED ZEPPELIN. I'm a visual person, but this "we're not Led Zeppelin" business has me stumped. :elvis:

How's this for a concert ticket: IMP Presents An Evening With...Page and Jones Formererly Known As Led Zeppelin With Special Guest Jason Bonham And Phil (in the blank).

I'm not so sure I want Jimmy, Jonesy, Jason and Mystery Date to be named anything BUT LED ZEPPELIN. I'm a visual person, but this "we're not Led Zeppelin" business has me stumped. :elvis:

How's this for a concert ticket: IMP Presents An Evening With...Page and Jones Formererly Known As Led Zeppelin With Special Guest Jason Bonham And Phil (in the blank).

Page and Jones Formererly Known As Members of Led Zeppelin

if you have to have the name Led Zeppelin there.

Robert Plant is an old man with no energy anymore.

One off concerts make sense for him in his diminished state.

He was amazing when he was young, nobody touched him.

I saw them Toronto twice in 69, then in 1971

Ottawa 1970

Buffalo 73

Plant on tour twice

Page and Plant 95/98

With Alison Krause

A new band with a new singer will be fresh and new.

Jimmy and JP wrote the best songs anyway.

FWIW

Page and Jones Formererly Known As Members of Led Zeppelin

if you have to have the name Led Zeppelin there.

Formerly known is the past tense of what they were if there's a new name, which, if all goes as Jimmy plans, they will no longer be [members of Led Zeppelin].

Formerly known is the past tense of what they were if there's a new name, which, if all goes as Jimmy plans, they will no longer be [members of Led Zeppelin].

So?

People should appreciate, or at least respect their decision of NOT calling the new project Led Zeppelin.

So?

People should appreciate, or at least respect their decision of NOT calling the new project Led Zeppelin.

Not everyone agrees with this new project mainly because it' so ambiguous. It's not a matter of disrespect or unappreciation, either. That makes no sense. We're Led Zeppelin forum members, and almost all of us are here because we care enough to discuss what's going on with our favorite band.

Ottawa 1970

Buffalo 73

Plant on tour twice

Page and Plant 95/98

With Alison Krause

FWIW

Unbelievable.

Ottawa 1970

Buffalo 73

Plant on tour twice

Page and Plant 95/98

With Alison Krause

FWIW

I have made it my goal not to call other posters names such as...Asshole, Moron, Retard, Douche bag, and things of this nature. So after reading your post, I will simply say...Thank you for voicing your opinion. No matter how much I disagree with it, it is your entitlement. :D

This is exactly what I asked a couple of pages ago. Even though most everyone says that Robert never wanted to do anything beyond O2, is it possible that privately he gave Jimmy hope that he might do more?

I believe it is possible, yes.

Archived