Robert & Alison Win CMA

ninelives

None of the photos of the event that I have seen include Robert Plant or Allison Krauss. Maybe they did not attend the event. I wonder who accepted the award.

Alison and Robert did not attend. The award they won together was presented earlier in the afternoon, prior to the televised broadcast. I assume a Rounder representative will see that they receive their awards. Alison was up for best female vocalist during the televised broadcast but did not win.

Robert and Alison won the CMA award for "Event of the Year" which was presented prior to the broadcast tonight.

http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1599...a-winners.jhtml

Thanks Ninelives for the info. Kudos to Robert and Alison on their win. :cheer::yay:

I couldn't see myself sitting through the whole show waiting to hear this. Most of the rest I could care less about. We'll see what they'll do at the 2009 Grammy Awards. Could possibly get quite a few nominations. BTW the nominations will be announced on December 4th. An infamous date in Led Zeppelin history.

That's great news - although not surprising since they've been winning awards constantly. Too bad Alison didn't win for Female Singer. I was checking out the website and it looks like she's had a good history with the CMA's.

I had it on with the sound off.

It amazes me what is now considered "country." :blink:

Kid Rock???

Damn, there was a time when country...meant country.

But as the saying goes, if ya can't make it in Rock, go country..LOL.

Yeah it is a bit weird... Kid Rock and bands like Bon Jovi being classified as "country". I remember when Shania Twain was considered controversial in the country scene, and now you've got a guy that used to be a B-Boy and former metal band being considered country. :huh:

I watched part of the even with my mom who likes this type of music. I don't understand what they consider country. I think of older country music as real country. The girls on the show like Barbies. and then Kid Rock sang a song and looked more like a rapper than a country singer.

That's great news - although not surprising since they've been winning awards constantly. Too bad Alison didn't win for Female Singer. I was checking out the website and it looks like she's had a good history with the CMA's.

I think the CMA's have gone way of what the Grammy's do - it becomes based on popularity more than talent in some cases.

I had it on with the sound off.

It amazes me what is now considered "country." :blink:

Kid Rock???

Damn, there was a time when country...meant country.

But as the saying goes, if ya can't make it in Rock, go country..LOL.

:lol: this is so true...

I heard Imus on the radio this morning and he was going over the CMA winner's. He said basiclly he liked Alison and that Raising Sand was unlistenable. He also said that down the road the two of them along with T-Bone will say, what were we thinking! What does Imus know anyway? :wacko::thumbdown:

further proof that if you live long enough, you will see things that you did not believe could happen, will happen. Its so strange and weird to read through the winners names and see ROBERT PLANT listed as a winner in country music. Oh well, there was that interview that he gave way back when, maybe '88, talking about doing a country album. I, personally, do not see this "project" going past another album. I believe that Robert Plant has made a very strong statement to the music industry and to himself about what he can do with his voice and what his committment to a "new" music direction can offer to all involved. Robert Plant is hot now in the music industry.

What I do forecast is for them to expand past country music together but without T-Bone.

further proof that if you live long enough, you will see things that you did not believe could happen, will happen. Its so strange and weird to read through the winners names and see ROBERT PLANT listed as a winner in country music. Oh well, there was that interview that he gave way back when, maybe '88, talking about doing a country album. I, personally, do not see this "project" going past another album. I believe that Robert Plant has made a very strong statement to the music industry and to himself about what he can do with his voice and what his committment to a "new" music direction can offer to all involved. Robert Plant is hot now in the music industry.

What I do forecast is for them to expand past country music together but without T-Bone.

That may happen but I forecast Robert working with other Americana artists he has befriended during his collaboration with Alison. I can see Robert and T-Bone and Buddy Miller doing something, not necessarily with Alison. Time will tell.

Hi all,

I heard Imus on the radio this morning and he was going over the CMA winner's. He said basiclly he liked Alison and that Raising Sand was unlistenable. He also said that down the road the two of them along with T-Bone will say, what were we thinking! What does Imus know anyway? :wacko::thumbdown:

Who?Replace a few letters,... :P The I-man,*cough* does know his arse from his elbow without a map,....

Robert,with or without Zep loves all kinds of music.Always has.

Country music.I remember a time when all was one and one was all.We had radio stations around here that would play everything.From 'Rocket 88',I'm a Man' to Dave Brubeck,'Brownsville Station',to 'Summer Time' by War,to Wagner,to WLL!!!!!!! within the hour! :o

Sad,everything has to fit(now) in the pocket,... :slapface:

Everyone in the world has an opinion on everything else in the world. Imus has an opinion on Zeppelin, Jack Bruce has an opinion on Zeppelin, I have an opinion on brussels sprouts, Dave Grohl has an opinion on Zeppelin . . . After a while, it gets a bit, well, unnecessary to get outraged at every single opinion by every single person we don't 100% agree with, especially when they're persons whose opinions are no more or less valid than our opinions.

JMHO.

Everyone in the world has an opinion on everything else in the world. Imus has an opinion on Zeppelin, Jack Bruce has an opinion on Zeppelin, I have an opinion on brussels sprouts, Dave Grohl has an opinion on Zeppelin . . . After a while, it gets a bit, well, unnecessary to get outraged at every single opinion by every single person we don't 100% agree with, especially when they're persons whose opinions are no more or less valid than our opinions.

JMHO.

Absolutely, whether you like them or not. It makes for good debating and if everyone agreed on everything the world would be a boring place. Very predictable. Makes the world go round I guess, even though very clicheish (couldn't think of something else to describe it).

Archived