Most Recent Meal...

rafnagud9

We went out to dinner; I had a chicken gyro with a cup of soup (instead of fries) and Diet Coke. Then all 5 of us shared a hot fudge brownie sundae. I also had 2-3 bites of youngest daughter's mashed potatoes...and still managed to stay under my calorie total for today :)

I made baked mashed potatoes with spinach and pepper jack cheese. Delish.

Oh that does sound good! If you like spinach and pepper jack together, I have a yummy recipe for a spinach/black bean lasagne you might enjoy.

It is! You make homemade mashed potatoes (it works better this way, although I suppose you could make it work with instant) and mix in either fresh spinach or frozen spinach (I used frozen, and make sure you wring out the excess moisture, otherwise they'll get runny) and pepper jack cheese. Top with bread crumbs and bake it until the cheese melts down and the bread crumbs turn golden brown.

If you like spinach and pepper jack together, I have a yummy recipe for a spinach/black bean lasagne you might enjoy.

I do love both together and that lasagne sounds fantastic.

Hello "~tangerine~?" I admit, I've had my fair share of women in my life till I met my late wife. I really lived up to my obligation when the preacher said "Til Death do us part." Hmmm...., to have a few good men in your life, you must be a looker also "~tangerine~." I bet that you are. ROCK ON!

As a younger girl/woman i was, :) I'm not as conceited as i was most of my life, but i have alot going for me so i'm grateful for much!

Today i had two meals. First was at a pizza party that i organized for a coworker i've known the past 10 years who left for another position. Had one slice of Pepperoni and one slice of white pizza with tomato. That was breakfast/lunch for me. For dinner many hours later i ordered Generals Chicken and fried rice (i don't eat Chinese food much but this place near work is good). Now that i'm in this thread getting hungry! Maybe i'll go get the egg roll i brought home from dinner! Tastes okay right out of the refridgerator!

As a younger girl/woman i was, :) I'm not as conceited as i was most of my life, but i have alot going for me so i'm grateful for much!

Today i had two meals. First was at a pizza party that i organized for a coworker i've known the past 10 years who left for another position. Had one slice of Pepperoni and one slice of white pizza with tomato. That was breakfast/lunch for me. For dinner many hours later i ordered Generals Chicken and fried rice (i don't eat Chinese food much but this place near work is good). Now that i'm in this thread getting hungry! Maybe i'll go get the egg roll i brought home from dinner! Tastes okay right out of the refridgerator!

How's it going "~tangerine~?" You sound like a very intelligent woman to me. I admit, for my job, in my line of work, you HAVE to be conceited especially when you deal with Lawyers, CPA's and Taxpayers on a constant basis. However, I try to leave my job at work and be myself at home. That's two different people. ROCK ON!

Pepper jack cheese is a derivative of Monterey Jack that includes spicy hot peppers for a zesty flavor. Spicy, delicate and buttery, pepper jack cheese is semi-soft and open textured with a slightly tart flavor.

Pepper jack cheese can compliment most meat, especially beef[citation needed]. Pepper jack is often used as an alternative cheese in dishes such as quesadillas, and also eaten with bread or crackers.

A variation of pepper jack cheese involves using specific peppers. The most common varieites of this specific-pepper jack cheese are jalapeño jack and habanero jack, but other varieties are available.

You can read more on wikipedia.

Pepper jack cheese is a derivative of Monterey Jack that includes spicy hot peppers for a zesty flavor. Spicy, delicate and buttery, pepper jack cheese is semi-soft and open textured with a slightly tart flavor.

Pepper jack cheese can compliment most meat, especially beef[citation needed]. Pepper jack is often used as an alternative cheese in dishes such as quesadillas, and also eaten with bread or crackers.

A variation of pepper jack cheese involves using specific peppers. The most common varieites of this specific-pepper jack cheese are jalapeño jack and habanero jack, but other varieties are available.

You can read more on wikipedia.

That's too bad. I love cheese but anything spicy hot is too much for me.

Went to Ella's Woodfired Pizza and had a pizza with sundried tomatoe puree, roasted artichoke hearts, black olives, basil and parmesan. With a glass of barbera. The pizza was excellent! The wine was okay.

Our family had take out Chinese food for dinner, the boys' last dinner at home before they go back to the dorms tomorrow.

We had: Moo Goo Gai Pan, Beef with Broccoli, Neptune's Treasure, Walnut Chicken and eggrolls.

I hate to cook but always have done so when the boys are home. We have always had our night meals together as a family. I have always felt that I have to cook them a balanced meal and I always have, even when I worked until 7 - 8 PM.

We took down the Christmas tree and put away all the decorations today and I didn't feel like cooking tonight.

I ate for the first time around 4pm at a kiddie birthday party i took my daughter to. Had a couple small slices of pizza...but earlier today when i picked her up from my sister's house, i stopped at the deli and bought 2 bagels and kippered salmon and nova lox. I can't wait to make a sandwich later tonight.

A friend pointed out i'm posting about food alot :) I guess that's my way of taking my mind off of heartache...

So... got curbside take-out from a decent place my daughter and i both like. Went to Texas Roadhouse and got her a grilled pork chop and for us to share, a half rack of baby back ribs. They have some really good ribs! We had french fries (they claim the are made fresh) and baked beans and a Caesar salad (that i haven't eaten yet). Also stopped got a gallon of unsweetened iced tea from the Chic-Fil-et. Usually lasts me a week.

Archived