The Faces reunion, it's on?

danelectro

Why must they toy with us this way? :boohoo:

I would place all blame for "toying" on the press and not on any of the surviving Faces. We've all seen how they twist things about the surviving members of Zeppelin and the Grateful Dead as well as others. I don't see this as being any different especially when the source is NME.

Then, there's this from Ian's website:

http://www.macspages.com/faces.htm

The rehearsals were a lot of fun, everybody was in fine form,

and things are looking good for a gig or two next year,

but these things take time to work out and I'm just

going to wait until there's something solid to

report, so I'm not getting excited just yet.

............I'm holding my breath

I would place all blame for "toying" on the press and not on any of the surviving Faces. We've all seen how they twist things about the surviving members of Zeppelin and the Grateful Dead as well as others. I don't see this as being any different especially when the source is NME.

That's what I meant by "they." ;)

• 3 years later...

It's nice to see Rodrick being able to do this. Without Ronnie Lane though there can never really be a Faces "re-union". I just hope they don't decide to tour as such.

They're already been touring as the Faces with Mick Hucknall of Simply Red as their lead vocalist. If they were to tour with Rod, I'd definitely go see them as I would have little to no interest in seeing him on his own unless he had Jeff Beck in tow.

Yeah but that's fake Faces. That's similar to the other thread here about two Foghats on tour or the "Yardbirds" touring with one original guy. McLaughlin, Jones and Wood might have been along for the ride but without Rod and the late Lane.........it's just a brand name.

Opinions vary.

Yeah but that's fake Faces. That's similar to the other thread here about two Foghats on tour or the "Yardbirds" touring with one original guy. McLaughlin, Jones and Wood might have been along for the ride but without Rod and the late Lane.........it's just a brand name.

Opinions vary.

I haven't heard the Faces with Hucknall and really have no desire to but I would be interested in seeing them live with Rod Stewart even without Ronnie Lane. That's not a slight against Lane, it's more like my desire to see a band that I've never seen in any form before. As for them performing without Lane for their induction into the Rock n' Roll of Fame, I really don't have a problem with that at all as it's a very special occasion. However, I'm not too sure about them being inducted along with the Small Faces. From my viewpoint, those are two separate bands. Yes, they have a history together but it's not as though they're interchangeable.

Well for the record Lane left and they carried on with somebody else for a year or so after 1973 so it's not like they were always one working band. I agree about Small Faces though, they were completely different. At least the late Steve Marriott gets his name mentioned in that setting, which is a good thing.

• 2 years later...

R.I.P. Ian McLagan. :(

Damn. Damn. Damn.

The absolute most badass bands I saw in 1973 were Led Zeppelin, Mott the Hoople, Alice Cooper Band, The Stooges, Rory Gallagher...and The Faces. What a glorious raucous noise they made.

A Faces reunion was already an iffy proposition...without Mac, it's a (pardon the expression) dead issue. Thanks a lot Rod you sod. You waited too damn long...now, it's too late.

Edited by Strider

RIP Mac.....

Your post says it all, Strider....

I am really going to miss him.....! What a man.......!!

Just had dinner with him the night before Thanksgiving - he couldn't have been any happier or healthier looking..

He couldn't wait to get back to England for the holidays to spend time with family......

Fate seems to provide some really "WTF" moments, eh?

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...