Hillary Clinton possibly Secretary of State?

Virginia

Rice is certainly more qualified to be Sec. of State than Clinton or Kerry, both who I don't want anywhere near the Obama Cabinet. Aside from being one for several years and despite having a doctorite in political science, Condi has proven to be an ineffective voice for America's foreign policy.

Edited to Add: But if there is one person who could walk away from the Bush Administration smelling close to roses, it's her.

My dad was watching FOX News (per usual) and the talking heads they had on talking about this said that it was actually a really smart choice. You know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. He's not keeping Condi Rice and Colin Powell has said because of his wife's illness, he had no real desire to get back into government work. So if the choice is theoretically down to Kerry and Clinton, Clinton is by far the best choice. And I agree. One, it gets her out of the Senate. Two, it locks Obama up for re-nomination in 2012. Three, if she wants to run for President in 2016 provided Obama is re-elected in 4 years, if she's the sitting SoS all 8 years, it's a shoo-in for her.

However, I'm more interested in if he chooses Volcker for Sec. of the Treasury and whether or not he keeps Gates in as Sec. of Defense. I think those two are his most pressing issues right now.

I don't think Hillary will take the position since she wants to be the next President elected in 2012.

She won't challenge the incumbent President in 4 years, unless in that span of time, we end up getting in another war and a Depression. Her best shot is 2016.

I don't think Hillary will take the position since she wants to be the next President elected in 2012.

The only way she'll run is if Obama does such a disastrous job (its very possible) that all Democrats become self-aware they fucked up with jumping to him in 08 and there Hillary will be, in the background with her pitchfork and boiling stew, ushering everyone to come crawling back to her. Add Sarah Palin to the Republican Ticket in 2012 and it very well could come down to Palin vs. Clinton..and that's when I officially leave America for good.

The only way she'll run is if Obama does such a disastrous job (its very possible) that all Democrats become self-aware they fucked up with jumping to him in 08 and there Hillary will be, in the background with her pitchfork and boiling stew, ushering everyone to come crawling back to her. Add Sarah Palin to the Republican Ticket in 2012 and it very well could come down to Palin vs. Clinton..and that's when I officially leave America for good.

Say that scenario is true (I don't think it will be), and it's Clinton vs. Palin in 4 years. I'd rather Hillary Clinton and all her shrillness than Sarah Palin and her vapid, empty head of cotton candy. Holy shit, no one will take this country seriously if we elect Sarah Palin as President of anything other than her local chapter of the PTA.

I'm hoping Obama can somewhat convince the rest of the world that no, we're not all batshit insane.

Such a true statement - keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I don't think Palin will be elected in 2012. She's not well educated and not once could she complete a whole sentence. It was hard for me to follow what she was saying. The media had compared Palin to Bush's debates and they were pretty much the same. The week in FL, the GOP was not impressed with Palin. This is my impression of what I saw in the media.

Say that scenario is true (I don't think it will be), and it's Clinton vs. Palin in 4 years. I'd rather Hillary Clinton and all her shrillness than Sarah Palin and her vapid, empty head of cotton candy. Holy shit, no one will take this country seriously if we elect Sarah Palin as President of anything other than her local chapter of the PTA.

I'm hoping Obama can somewhat convince the rest of the world that no, we're not all batshit insane.

Now I hated Sarah Palin this election more than having a cigarette with no light, but the hate came from her nomination. She obviously wasn't qualified. That being said, one does have to make the case she very well could be qualified in the future. I doubt that will be in four years, but she's only in her early 40s. She will be around for the next few decades...and has plenty of time to freshen up her politico psyche...WIKIPEDIA! :rolleyes:

With any luck, Hillary will find the Ark of the Covenant, open it and melt before the world's eyes.

Hillary is finished as a presidential candidate, so is Sarah. This was Hillary's one and only shot at the job and the level of nastiness directed at Obama during her campaign proved that to me. The Clintons are finished untill Chelsea decides to have a go :D . Sarah Palin IMHO was not the reason that McCain lost the election. I agree she was not qualified to be VP but McCain lost it all on his own. He should have just been himself instead of trying to win over his detractors in the Republican party. Palin will be a Senator one day and if the Republicans regain the White House at some point, she will probably have a cabinet post. She'll have gained enough experience by that time. She may not be P or VP material but frankly, I think she's quite a gal. She doesn't deserve the crap she's taking from the unamed members of the McCain camp

I think McCain is going to push for Joe Liberman.

Not saying he has any say but it would be a very good choice. Plus it will allow the Repub. gov. of conn. to appoint a repub.

Clinton is done unless Obama does not pull the troops out. Hilrod can get in there and steal the nomination but unlikely. If Obama does let the Gitmo prisoners (and they kill American soldiers) and pull out of Iraq to early (and it goes to shit). The republicans could throw Dick Cheney out there and win.

Palin will not be the G.O.P. nominee. If Obama screws up, America is not going to allow another nonwhite man a shot for awhile. If he does good, maybe you take another chance and throw her out there, but most likely she will be VP nom. I don't think you can fix her foreign affairs problem. She can have deep knowledge of it, but just like Bill Clinton with Monica, it will stick with her even if she can prove otherwise.

Still, we elected Obama, W, Bubba, Ronald, Carter, and Ford? with no foreign affairs experience. So why the fuck does it matter any way.

Such a true statement - keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I don't think Palin will be elected in 2012. She's not well educated and not once could she complete a whole sentence. It was hard for me to follow what she was saying. The media had compared Palin to Bush's debates and they were pretty much the same. The week in FL, the GOP was not impressed with Palin. This is my impression of what I saw in the media.

This was my first impression of Palin, a female version of Bush (in all their empty headiness). That impression just gets worse each time she speaks. Let's hope the Republicans aren't stupid enough to consider her...ever.

This was my first impression of Palin, a female version of Bush (in all their empty headiness). That impression just gets worse each time she speaks. Let's hope the Republicans aren't stupid enough to consider her...ever.

Idoit. My first impression when i hear people say that about her.

I think Palin is done. They screwed up there and they know it now. I think Bobby Jindal will be the one they start grooming for 2012. I'm not sure who else but I think Palin is done.

Hillary as SOS? She would be good. I do think her ego tends to get in her way of judgement sometimes. So that worries me a bit. But I do think she is qualified in every other way. I think Hillary is one of those people who you could trust to get any job done. That's how she strikes me anyway. I think she is extremely intelligent, but like I said, it's ego that gets in her way sometimes.

I think Palin is done. They screwed up there and they know it now. I think Bobby Jindal will be the one they start grooming for 2012. I'm not sure who else but I think Palin is done.

Hillary as SOS? She would be good. I do think her ego tends to get in her way of judgement sometimes. So that worries me a bit. But I do think she is qualified in every other way. I think Hillary is one of those people who you could trust to get any job done. That's how she strikes me anyway. I think she is extremely intelligent, but like I said, it's ego that gets in her way sometimes.

I agree! I really like Hillary but I think what messed her up in the primaries is that she thought she had the nomination "locked up" because she was first lady for eight years. It is like she felt it was owed to her. Anyways, I do think she would be a great Secretary of State though.

Archived