Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Matt Harris

What instrument do you play?

I took piano lessons for five years when I was a kid but I can't honestly say I can play piano.  The only useful thing I got out if was the ability to read music.  It came in handy when I took up choral singing in college.  I'm an okay choral singer but I never had any illusions that I have a solo caliber voice.  

Drums and bass guitar. I also play a dab of keyboards.

Proud owner of Paiste 2000 Hi-Hats (a la Bonzo) and a vintage '78 Fender Jazz bass. 

The tone in that Fender is amazing. I've also got a new Ibanez bass, and it doesn't sound anywhere near as good.

Im a professional John Bonham influenced drummer/percussionist, I have been playing for 12 years! I truly love drums and music and would not give it up for anything!

Danelectro electric 6 string , reissue, not original sadly! 20 years at the fretboard, but sounds like about only 2 lol enthusiasm but no originality or ability. Thank god for distortion, delay and  a touch of chorus :lol:

Danelectro electric 6 string , reissue, not original sadly! 20 years at the fretboard, but sounds like about only 2 lol enthusiasm but no originality or ability. Thank god for distortion, delay and  a touch of chorus :lol:

Unless you plan to record or play in a band, it doesn't matter what your ability is. As long as you enjoy it.

On 12/25/2015 at 8:11 AM, WD52 said:

And by the way, where did you buy the Danelectro? I've been looking for one for months.

I got it about 10 years ago-it's a decent re-issue rather than an original though. Quite a few music shops carry them as stock items (I got mine in Chatham in Kent!), and there are often some for sale on e bay. Plays nicely and stays in tune, which is all I need really.