What instrument do you play?

Matt Harris

I play guitar, bass, harp, keys, drums, sing a bit...Lately I've been rockin' the two '83 SQ series Squier's below. Fantastic guitars.

IMG00051-20111229-0804.jpg

...iconic guitars the Tele and Strat are....these are beauties!.....I will also post pics of my Tele and Strat asap......keep on pickin!

I was given a accoustic guitar a few months ago, can't play well due to rheumatoid arthritis in my hands but "playing" in my head I think i'm pretty ok hehe

you can always try open tunings and play with a slide...open G or D for example...may be easier on your hands and you can play "In My Time of Dying" for sure.....just a suggestion. I love when people are playing guitar and I try to help out where I can...cheers Richard

My guitars:

1975 Gibson ED1275 White with silver hardware

1972 Gibson Les Paul Standard Tobacco Sunburst

1983 Kramer Focus 3000 Black

1986 Fender 1957 Stratocaster re-issue Three color sunburst and made in America

1988 Fender Stratocaster Red - Signed by Ritchie Blackmore so never played.

1988 Yamaha Acoustic

1980 Fender Lead II Black

My favorite.......only handled with white cotton gloves.....a 2009 Gibson Les Paul Standard 50th Anniversary Re-issue from their Custom Shop in Cherry Sunburst. Just like Jimmy's - well except his is from 1959 - the tone is absoutley killer through my 1976 Marshall 50 watt head.

Thank you. I still feel guilty with the 1959 re-issue. It's more a work of art than a user instrument. Absolutely stunning flame top - I won't even use a guitar pick on it for fear of scratching the surface of the pick guard! It deserves to be played in the hands of a master who can do it justice on stage - I'm an average player at best!

My guitars:

1975 Gibson ED1275 White with silver hardware

1972 Gibson Les Paul Standard Tobacco Sunburst

1983 Kramer Focus 3000 Black

1986 Fender 1957 Stratocaster re-issue Three color sunburst and made in America

1988 Fender Stratocaster Red - Signed by Ritchie Blackmore so never played.

1988 Yamaha Acoustic

1980 Fender Lead II Black

My favorite.......only handled with white cotton gloves.....a 2009 Gibson Les Paul Standard 50th Anniversary Re-issue from their Custom Shop in Cherry Sunburst. Just like Jimmy's - well except his is from 1959 - the tone is absoutley killer through my 1976 Marshall 50 watt head.

I wish I had never sold my standard that was an 81. The tobacco sunburst is the one on your list I would want. If I ever buy another Les paul its going to be Gold, a standard or custom for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

^ He did. He used them for his theremin. He ran his theremin through and Echoplex into an Orange amp. Up until 1975 that is.

dlrm2c.jpg

Melbourne 2/20/1972

mbpw6a.jpg

Tampa 5/3/73

df7jgh.jpg

San Antonio 5/22/73

Jimmy used an Orange amp head for the first few years he had them.

r0wor5.jpg

In 1975, he painted the cabs black like his Marshalls' and started to use Marshall amp heads for both Oranges' instead of an Orange amps head.

Anyway, back on topic.

s3jyh2.jpg

One of my most prized guitars. This is the most recent addition. I've had it since March of last year.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never played through one but Jimmy Page has used them on stage in the past I am pretty sure

http://www.orangeamps.com/

Thanks for the link. my cousin was supposed to come and get her 1989 Alverez months ago. I leave it tuned in drop D saving my strings on my much better Taylor. One of these days Ill get off my lazy arse and take this piece of shit Epiphone in to be fixed. Maybe. then again, maybe I should put it on the curb and go by a Les Paul

I play guitar.......Use to play a lot more, not enough time to play these days. This is something sloppy I posted a while back. No pro tools or anything like that, just an old digital 8 track MD8. I spent more time on the art work that go along with the music, than the actual recording.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gibson CS Les Paul 58 VOS Teaburst

Gibson CS Les Paul Custom black

Gibson CS EDS1275 Double Neck red

Fender Esquire red

Fender Tele butterscotch

Rickenbacker 330 black

The Heritage ES 335 model brown sunburst.

With either a Marshall JTM45 head plus 2x12cab

or a Fender Vibroverb

Minimal effects. sometimes a booster during a solo or a touch of echo.

with the Fender I use a Way Huge od and/or a Keeley Fuzz head for dirt.

Gibson CS Les Paul 58 VOS Teaburst

Gibson CS Les Paul Custom black

Gibson CS EDS1275 Double Neck red

Fender Esquire red

Fender Tele butterscotch

Rickenbacker 330 black

The Heritage ES 335 model brown sunburst.

With either a Marshall JTM45 head plus 2x12cab

or a Fender Vibroverb

Minimal effects. sometimes a booster during a solo or a touch of echo.

with the Fender I use a Way Huge od and/or a Keeley Fuzz head for dirt.

Would love to see some pictures of your collection, it sound great.

Archived