Friendship

ally

As you get older, your old friends fall into three(3) categories

1. People who've witnessed what a failure you've become and subsequently don't want to hang out with a loser. 47.5% of the population.

2. People who witnessed what a success you've become. Jealousy and all sorts of other sad traits take over and it's really a bit pathetic. 47.5% of the population.

3. People who are secure with themselves and could care less what you've made of yourself. 5% of the population.

Believe it or not, I am in the third category.

1. People who've witnessed what a failure you've become and subsequently don't want to hang out with a loser. 47.5% of the population.

2. People who witnessed what a success you've become. Jealousy and all sorts of other sad traits take over and it's really a bit pathetic. 47.5% of the population.

3. People who are secure with themselves and could care less what you've made of yourself. 5% of the population.

I'm in the third category and alway's have been. TBH, I have found that more people I know well, have alway's been there and those that went astray, they're finding their way back

:) I think there is a fourth category and that's the one I and most of my friends fall into; people who are busy with work and kids and aging parents/extended family and who miss each other and mean well, but just don't have time to make the effort to get together often enough. :( Many of our friends are working multiple jobs and everyone is on crazy schedules. We get together occasionally; just not as often as I would like.

:) I think there is a fourth category and that's the one I and most of my friends fall into; people who are busy with work and kids and aging parents/extended family and who miss each other and mean well, but just don't have time to make the effort to get together often enough. :( Many of our friends are working multiple jobs and everyone is on crazy schedules. We get together occasionally; just not as often as I would like.

Sounds pretty normal Virginia. But when you do manage it, I'm sure it's great and just about being together. I've known people from all walks of life as they say and the real good people out there, just wanna have fun. As long as everyone is a good person at heart, then something good can be had. The difference with me personally these day's is that, I don't put up with jerks anymore. I just don't bother and like everyone else, I've met my share over the years

Sounds pretty normal Virginia. But when you do manage it, I'm sure it's great and just about being together. I've known people from all walks of life as they say and the real good people out there, just wanna have fun. As long as everyone is a good person at heart, then something good can be had. The difference with me personally these day's is that, I don't put up with jerks anymore. I just don't bother and like everyone else, I've met my share over the years

Yeah, there are no jerks in our group! :)

I know exactly where you're coming from 59Lp.

It get's harder as you get older.

I'll take a quote from your alter-ego here "I tend to take people at face value until they fuck up" :lol:

I heard him say that on a radio interview once talking about how Mick was always looking for what angle people were coming from.

That's going in my sig.....

....and I'll take a quote inspired by the genius in your avatar:

"Life sucks,get a fuckin' helmet okay!?"

Denis Leary:A god among men. B)

...one of my hereos.

I know lots of people, but only several persons are my friends, and only one is my best friend.

It is very difficult to get a real friend nowadays. I don't like to call people friends so easily.

that's human nature to think only about their OWN problems. and only a few people put someone else's needs before their own.

there are people with whom you have been together since your childhood, and there are those

who you know only a year, but it seems to you that you know this person all your life.

I can tell it about my friend. but now she is far away from here. she left the city 2 months ago.

and I don't know when I will see her again.

I feel that I lost something important. there are so many things that tie us, and I just thought that we will always be together. at the time when she left, my father desert my family. It was a difficult time, because I didn't have a person to share it, didn't have a support, because she wasn't near.

I'm lucky enough to have two sisters and a mom that are my best friends. If we need each other, we are there. We also spend a fair amount of time together, and all our children love each other's company.

I have three girlfriends i am very close with. Known them for between 10 and 20 years now. They are the type of friend who you can talk to anything about. They all give common sense advice, and they all tell the truth (even if they're not sure you want to hear it).

I have a best friend from childhood who i unfortunately haven't seen in a few years. I still love and miss her.

I have a new friend who i am working on a future with. I miss him when he's not around, and i enjoy him when he is.

I have a few work friends who i can talk to about "quite a bit" with...and many work acquaintances...

It can be hard to be a good friend. When you are one, you know it. When you have a few in your life, you are lucky.

And i intend to be my daughter's best friend, and her mine... :)

Its not always easy to identify a true friend in life. The closest ones that I have had have met untimely deaths younger than they should have.

That's alway's a sad one. Have had my share of that and I'm sure other's have too. There never seems to be an answer for it.

I had a definite change of tides with friends at one point.I had a lot of friends;but it was only because I was willing to put up with a lot of bullshit in order to be able to say that I was so popular.

Then once I was able to make a stand,and purge the dead weight from my life,they didn't react well-it got ugly-I was able to make a fresh start.Of course,the fact that all of this occurred when I first met the woman who became my wife,so naturally,she incurred most of the blame.

I'm at a point now where I have a few very good friends,and they're all people I met online.I have since met them in person,and I don't consider them to be "online" friends,or any of that bullshit,they're just friends,plain and simple.

I had a definite change of tides with friends at one point.I had a lot of friends;but it was only because I was willing to put up with a lot of bullshit in order to be able to say that I was so popular.

Then once I was able to make a stand,and purge the dead weight from my life,they didn't react well-it got ugly-I was able to make a fresh start.Of course,the fact that all of this occurred when I first met the woman who became my wife,so naturally,she incurred most of the blame.

I'm at a point now where I have a few very good friends,and they're all people I met online.I have since met them in person,and I don't consider them to be "online" friends,or any of that bullshit,they're just friends,plain and simple.

I can relate to both senarios 59. Same thing happened when I first met my wife. Age had a lot to do with that and TBH it was with just a few but ,it was my best friend at the time who was the biggest jerk ! I'm not the type to hold a grudge as I know I've made enough mistakes on my own without judging anyone else but I must admit, that experience hurt. There has never been any doubt in my mind that I made the right call but I do wish that he would have just gotten over it and come back into the fold. All that said,It did change my perspective on somethings and at the end of the day, that has served me very well over the years.

I have only, so far, had the priviledge of meeting one online friend and I must say that

meeting Babs has been a great experience. I do however wish he'd buy a round once in a blue freakin' moon :D

I have only, so far, had the priviledge of meeting one online friend and I must say that

meeting Babs has been a great experience. I do however wish he'd buy a round once in a blue freakin' moon :D

It's a motherfucker,ain't it?

I'm sure this is only the beginning of something great.

Babs a tightwad?I'll remember that...... B)

Once I lived the life of a millionaire,

Spent all my money, I just did not care.

Took all my friends out for a good time,

Bought bootleg whisky, champagne and wine.

Then I began to fall so low,

Lost all my good friends, I did not have nowhere to go.

I get my hands on a dollar again,

I'm gonna hang on to it till that eagle grins.

'Cause no, no, nobody knows you

When you're down and out.

In your pocket, not one penny,

And as for friends, you don't have any.

When you finally get back up on your feet again,

Everybody wants to be your old long-lost friend.

Said it's mighty strange, without a doubt,

Nobody knows you when you're down and out.

When you finally get back upon your feet again,

Everybody wants to be your good old long-lost friend.

Said it's mighty strange,

Nobody knows you,

Nobody knows you,

Once I lived the life of a millionaire,

Spent all my money, I just did not care.

Took all my friends out for a good time,

Bought bootleg whisky, champagne and wine.

Then I began to fall so low,

Lost all my good friends, I did not have nowhere to go.

I get my hands on a dollar again,

I'm gonna hang on to it till that eagle grins.

'Cause no, no, nobody knows you

When you're down and out.

In your pocket, not one penny,

And as for friends, you don't have any.

When you finally get back up on your feet again,

Everybody wants to be your old long-lost friend.

Said it's mighty strange, without a doubt,

When you finally get back upon your feet again,

Everybody wants to be your good old long-lost friend.

Said it's mighty strange,

Nobody knows you,

Nobody knows you,

Hangers on will forget ya but, real friends ? Naw, we all hit low points and I've got to admit that I've never lost a real friend because of it. Plenty of users though :D Good thing too

Hangers on will forget ya but, real friends ? Naw, we all hit low points and I've got to admit that I've never lost a real friend because of it. Plenty of users though :D Good thing too

The losers come and go. We can be thankful most are shunned for one reason or the other. Honest to goodness reliable friends are a precious few.

Treat them well...

Archived