What shows were Proshot?

MySongRemainsTheSame

There is rumored and most likely is another show, Houston 5/21/77.

Although the only shows that were pro-shot were Royal Albert Hall 1970, and The Song Remains The Same, as well as the 2007 Reunion. The rest is only the video that was broadcast on the screens at the venue and the sound is taken from the sound board recordings. BTW welcom to the forum.

There is rumored and most likely is another show, Houston 5/21/77.

Although the only shows that were pro-shot were Royal Albert Hall 1970, and The Song Remains The Same, as well as the 2007 Reunion. The rest is only the video that was broadcast on the screens at the venue and the sound is taken from the sound board recordings. BTW welcom to the forum.

RAH 1970,NY 73 ( TSRTS Shows 3 of them ) Seattle Kingdome June 77, Knebworth Aug 4, 11 1979 , May 24&25 ? 1975 Earl's Court , 2007 02 Arena , Rumors of some more but no add'l info have I. Lots of clips on this site look to be better than just Aud shot but who knows .

Also heard of possibly the Silverdome 1977 but I think it may have been the tape from

the vid screens , along with the Houston possibility I have heard discussed .. who knows .

Ooops sorry , I didn't read the post well and skimmed to the first reply , I think you got em all !!

There are some pro-shot stuff from Australia 1972, which is on the official DVD as a backing to "Immigrant Song". Also, Texas Pop Festival 8-31-69 was filmed and a partial is available on bootleg, and it's rumored that the Bath festival in 1970 was also filmed. Can't confirm the last one personally though.

Bath 1970 was filmed but the exposure was set incorrect making most of the film useless. I also read that Baltimore 23/07/73 was shot as a lead up to the MSG shows which eventually ended up as the The Song Renmains The Same - although one might argue that Shepparton Studios in England was also pro shot to cover the mistakes from the said shows.

Seattle July 17th 1977 is also available in collectors circles - taken from the Video lead and the SB as a audio. It does have it's moments, particlarly if you get the right version but it really dosen't show the band in a good light. It's flat and a bit boring. A bit like they were in 77. Pity it wasn't the Eddie show from June in LA.

I think it's fair to say that the ain't not much more to see. It is rather incredible that the band played live so much only for a snippet to be filmed.

Jimmy summed it up in saying that's really all he has.

Unfortunately, there isn't much more out there. A lot of it rumor, with no confirmation on this with regards to Houston and Silverdome in '77.

Now wouldn't it have been amazing if they had filmed some of their studio recording sessions let's say for IV or Physical Graffiti. That could be amazing stuff. Alway thought the Beatles recording sessions were always pretty cool. Too bad Peter Grant was too guarded with the band in regards to things like this. Nothing you can do about it now.

There could be a lot more out there than you know, but it's a lot of rumors. The Pontiac Silverdome show was shot on video for the big videoscreen above the stage, though I don't know if it's any more of a "production" than Seattle.

Houston almost definitely was videotaped as well.

Keep in mind many arenas did have in-house closed circuit TV systems (Richfield Coliseum, Landover Capital Center, Madison Square Garden, Houston Summit to name a handful) and it's possible (not for sure) that many of the shows performed at these venues were videotaped in one way or another. They did not have to have video screens to be videotaped. It's something to hope for.

The Bath Festival does exist, at least in part. There were many companies filming that event for various reasons, including black and white video for the video screen. Zeppelin didn't allow most of them to film them as they had hired Peter Whitehead to film their set exclusively. The old tale is that his film was mostly shot at the wrong exposure speed and was useless. But one of the other film companies may have filmed some of the Zeppelin set anyway. The latest I've heard is that there is some film of this show in existance.

There is supposedly video of Zeppelin at the Fillmore West (or East) from 1969 in existance.

That's a few things I can remember off the top of my head.

Archived