Memorable Movie Moments

rafnagud9

sun2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gy_7cD4Gs4...feature=related

Butch: Well, the way I figure it, we can either fight or give. If we give, we go to jail.

Sundance: I been there already.

Butch: But if we fight, they can stay right where they are and starve us out or go for position - shoot us; might even get a rockslide started and get us that way. What else could they do?

Sundance: They could surrender to us, but I wouldn't count on that. (He watches the posse maneuver) They're goin' for position, all right. Better get ready. (He loads his gun)

Butch: Kid - the next time I say, 'Let's go someplace like Bolivia,' let's go someplace like Bolivia.

Sundance: Next time. Ready?

Butch: (looking into the deep canyon and the river far below) No, we'll jump.

Sundance (after looking down): Like hell we will.

Butch: No, it'll be OK - if the water's deep enough, we don't get squished to death. They'll never follow us.

Sundance: How do you know?

Butch: Would you make a jump like that you didn't have to?

Sundance: I have to and I'm not gonna.

Butch: Well, we got to, otherwise we're dead. They're just gonna have to go back down the same way they come. Come on.

Sundance: Just one clear shot, that's all I want.

Butch: Come on.

Sundance: Uh-uh.

Butch: We got to.

Sundance: Nope! Get away from me!

Butch: Why?

Sundance: I wanna fight 'em!

Butch: They'll kill us!

Sundance: Maybe.

Butch: You wanna die?!

Sundance: (waving his pistol at the river far below) Do you?!

Butch: All right. I'll jump first.

Sundance: Nope.

Butch: Then you jump first.

Sundance: No, I said!

Butch: What's the matter with you?!

Sundance: I can't swim!

Butch: (guffawing at his partner) Why, you crazy - the fall'll probably kill ya!

Sundance shakes his head as he ponders the insanity of actually jumping to escape their pursuers. He grabs a gun belt held out by Butch, jumps with him in tandem, and wails:

Ohhh . . . s - h - i - i - i - i - i - t !

The slapstick humor of The Naked Gun although a bit crude at times, will have you peeing in your pants. Well for some, just maybe on your shoes.

Frank Drebin's Finest Moment

And from one extreme to the next. Remember this movie when it aired on network TV back in 1983. It was quite controversial at the time due to the nature of the film and state of the world in cold war times. There were no commercials in its' after the nuclear attack. I think NBC had trouble selling ad time for this portion of the film. Anyone know if this is true?

I've always wondered why such a funny film ends so sad. I mean, why can't Claude go to Vietnam and die? Then I wouldn't care, but Berger?!? :angry:

It's a protest flick (from the staged musical) and the idea is to associate negative emotions with a controversial political issue (Viet Nam seen from the counterculture vantage of the 1960's) for the greatest impact upon the viewer/listener. Berger being killed represents the demise of innocence and forces people to question if the war was worth dying for (it's artistic propaganda, and fairly well done). But that's just one opinion.

treat-williams-hair.jpg

It's a protest flick (from the staged musical) and the idea is to associate negative emotions with a controversial political issue (Viet Nam seen from the counterculture vantage of the 1960's) for the greatest impact upon the viewer/listener. Berger being killed represents the demise of innocence and forces people to question if the war was worth dying for (it's artistic propaganda, and fairly well done). But that's just one opinion.

treat-williams-hair.jpg

Sure, you're right. Still it's sad.

Archived