Why people hate me!

JethroTull

This thread made me think about why the (very few) people who dislike me do so. The best thing I can think of is that I'm almost always happy but I refuse to engage in "happy talk". That is, I don't let situations get me down, but I totally refuse to go pretend everything is rosey. Some people won't take me seriously because I'm happy and others can't stand that they are knuckling under when I openly refuse to.

There's two kinds of people in this world: hardcores and buttkissers and my side is really outnumbered!

How about being genuinely happy when you are happy, and then politely express discontent and disappointment [i'm not talking about you personally].

But, sometimes it's great to be genuinely happy when you have the right to be. We all go through crap, but it pays to be more positive about anything in general. One can adopt that attitude without being rosy about everything. In other words, I'd rather see someone who is more giddy, after the same situation, than the one who is more rude.

I don't believe one has to be completely hardcore or a buttkisser.

It pays to be honest about one's emotions, but one doesn't need to be one of those extremes to just live a content life in this world.

Several reasons. I'll try to list them as best I can.

1. My sense of humor is too advanced for them. They either don't get it or don't like it.

2. I know a lot about finances and money, a subject people typically abhor.

3. I'm not an intellectual or particularly smart, but I am very wealthy and successful.

4. I've maintained my looks into my early 50's.

5. Regarding certain subjects (music), I come across as a bit of a pompous know-it-all.

That being said, here is how I would break down every 100 people who meet me.

30 would out and out hate me.

30 would just not like me.

30 would be neutral.

10 would enjoy my quirky off-beat personality.

Why would you think that aprox. 1/3 of the people you meet would hate you ? Nobody likes or is liked by everyone but I think 1/3 is outrageous. Don't confuse hate with lack of interest or because people can just be down right nasty from time to time. That's usually got something to do with someone else all together anyway's. Hates a very strong word JT. Outside of people who get a thrill out of inflicting harm or tirany on

people and the planet in general,I don't think I actually hate anyone. Dislike, now that's a different story :D

Archived