Jesus Christ Superstar / Led Zepesque....?

moffo

Now I know what this might seem like, but i'm NOT into religion at all, but I do love this film and I think now I know why... I was watching it the other week and my girlfriend (who doesn't like it) said "I know now why you like this, it sounds like Led Zep!" So here is a clip of my favourite song from the film and I think you might agree. I could almost imagine 'Percy' singing this a bit like 'The Rain Song'.... Click on the link and let me know your thoughts...

Points to note: it only gets going at 1.52 and reaches its climax at 3.07 till 4.30

Hope you enjoy it as much as me!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rDHoTOgeNWE

Now I know what this might seem like, but i'm NOT into religion at all, but I do love this film and I think now I know why... I was watching it the other week and my girlfriend (who doesn't like it) said "I know now why you like this, it sounds like Led Zep!" So here is a clip of my favourite song from the film and I think you might agree. I could almost imagine 'Percy' singing this a bit like 'The Rain Song'.... Click on the link and let me know your thoughts...

Points to note: it only gets going at 1.52 and reaches its climax at 3.07 till 4.30

I have always loved JCS! The singers are fantastic and I can see where you are coming from Moffo.

IMHO the original has never been improved on - Ian Gillan from Deep Purple sang the role of Jesus:

I love JCS!!!! I like Ian's original studio version (a lot... it really rocks) but I love Ted Neeley's. I think Ian turned down the movie because Deep Purple was making a lot of bucks at that time, they were big in touring, and what the movie was gonna pay was nowhere near what they were making, which was a very wise business decision. And it paved the way for the broadway understudy Neeley whom I think nailed the role and the songs. :)

I love JCS!!!! I like Ian's original studio version (a lot... it really rocks) but I love Ted Neeley's. I think Ian turned down the movie because Deep Purple was making a lot of bucks at that time, they were big in touring, and what the movie was gonna pay was nowhere near what they were making, which was a very wise business decision. And it paved the way for the broadway understudy Neeley whom I think nailed the role and the songs. :)

:whistling:

IMHO the original has never been improved on - Ian Gillan from Deep Purple sang the role of Jesus:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O2cCuadivpE&...feature=related

He does nail it, but I think I prefer Ted Neeley...

I'm putting Ted Neeley down as my vote to replace Robert Plant!!! ;)

Imagine having Jesus as the frontman in Zep!!! Lol

Bonzo's late brother Mick tells a story in his book about the early days of John and Robert's friendship when John brought Robert back to the family home and he wandered into Mick's bedroom by mistake looking for the loo--Mick was petrified thinking it was a visitation from (what looked like) Jesus.

So, Jesus has already been Zep's frontman. :D

Bonzo's late brother Mick tells a story in his book about the early days of John and Robert's friendship when John brought Robert back to the family home and he wandered into Mick's bedroom by mistake looking for the loo--Mick was petrified thinking it was a visitation from (what looked like) Jesus.

:lol: LOL!!!

Well, I had a quite funny story to tell as well.

I had made several Zep pictures into little decoration cards for my mobile-phone.

4429e94c0e7f8fefd62afc3d.jpg

When I was back in China in the summer, my friends and I were just having a nice chat when suddenly one of them( who knows little about Rock music and Zep) asked me:"hey why are you having a Jesus picture with you? Since when did you turn religious?"

I was confused to no end at first and then burst into laughter when I realized what a mistake she had made.

Forget the movie, listen to the original concept album recorded in 1970. It had Ian Gillan and Murray Head as Jesus and Judas, and the band on the album was Joe Cocker's Grease Band.

I have this soundtrack on vinyl and hav not listened to it in yrs, but from what i remember its sort of overly produced like a meatloaf record. It makes you really appreciate when a rock band can play so well together, cause you cant just make it happen. I know that soundtrack has its moments though.

btw, remembered the soundgarden section of -jesus christ pose, its that choppy/intense guitar part. very similar to a track off the soundtrack.

Sorry I come from a non-English speaking country... :)

That makes it even better! :D

I went to a Unitarian church in the seventies and our high school class was going to do a version of this for a service.Needless to say, it never came to be.I was going to do the part of Pontius Pilate...

"Tell the rabbles to be quiet,we anticipate a riot.This coming crowd is much too loud"

I grew up Catholic and it was a pretty intimidating piece of music. :o

And all these years I thought their front man was the Golden God B)

I love the soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar. Listened to it a lot when I was a kid. I don't quite hear Zep in it though there are definitely some rock moments, but to my ears, it doesn't conjure up any Zep sounds.

F**k,That was dire......Can't hear what you hear at all.

Archived