Jesus Christ Superstar / Led Zepesque....?

moffo

Typical scouser, no taste... ;) Lol

I'm no scouser. I hail from what some of my work colleagues call the posh part of (the) Wirral. The birthplace of the late, great BBC presenter John Peel in fact.

I wouldn't say it was Zeppelinesque. It's a rock opera and as such there are a few musical similarities, but nothing that ties it particularly to Zeppelin over other rock groups.

It's a great musical, anyhow. In particular the Gillan OST is cool, as is the film version (Anderson's Judas is all kinds of awesome), and the recent recording with Steve Balsamo as Jesus has a lot to offer too.

I wouldn't say it was Zeppelinesque. It's a rock opera and as such there are a few musical similarities, but nothing that ties it particularly to Zeppelin over other rock groups.

It's a great musical, anyhow. In particular the Gillan OST is cool, as is the film version (Anderson's Judas is all kinds of awesome), and the recent recording with Steve Balsamo as Jesus has a lot to offer too.

Agree with first paragraph. And Steve Balsamo's Gethsemane is superb, I love it!

Agree with first paragraph. And Steve Balsamo's Gethsemane is superb, I love it!

Just clicked on your link and I've got to agree, he's got a great voice and puts in a great performance!!!

Steve Balsamo for new singer!!!!!!

Forget the movie, listen to the original concept album recorded in 1970. It had Ian Gillan and Murray Head as Jesus and Judas, and the band on the album was Joe Cocker's Grease Band.

Allright! It's time for the "Better Judas" fight. An excellent way to break up your band.

I say Murry Head, you say...

Allright! It's time for the "Better Judas" fight. An excellent way to break up your band.

I say Murry Head, you say...

I've just listened to your Murry Head.... He's good, but he's no Carl Anderson, he gets my vote!!!!

I've just listened to your Murry Head.... He's good, but he's no Carl Anderson, he gets my vote!!!!

No you are wrong. You're very WROOong

No you are wrong! You're very WROOong :guitar_mood:

kidding. It's funny though. There really are two camps, the made for TV camp and the Broadway camp. Actually I think I referred to Ted Neely as Judas in another thread.. D'oh. I wonder how Yvonne Eliman managed to snag the Mary Mag role in both. I also wonder if Ritchie Blackmore had to remind Ian Gillan that Jesus was just a role, and he wasn't Jesus anymore. I think I detect some leakage on Philharmonic through Fireball.

Broadway Uber alles.

That makes it even better! :D

I went to a Unitarian church in the seventies and our high school class was going to do a version of this for a service.Needless to say, it never came to be.I was going to do the part of Pontius Pilate...

"Tell the rabbles to be quiet,we anticipate a riot.This coming crowd is much too loud"

I grew up Catholic and it was a pretty intimidating piece of music. :o

Isn't that Caiaphas?

Now I know what this might seem like, but i'm NOT into religion at all, but I do love this film and I think now I know why... I was watching it the other week and my girlfriend (who doesn't like it) said "I know now why you like this, it sounds like Led Zep!" So here is a clip of my favourite song from the film and I think you might agree. I could almost imagine 'Percy' singing this a bit like 'The Rain Song'.... Click on the link and let me know your thoughts...

Points to note: it only gets going at 1.52 and reaches its climax at 3.07 till 4.30

Hope you enjoy it as much as me!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rDHoTOgeNWE

Sounds like Zep? What The Fuck? This doesn't sound like Zep at all! What's next, a song from Rent sounding like John Fogerty?

Archived