Page/Clapton Session Work Pre-Yardbirds

mightyzep247

I was reading about the Yardbirds the other day and it said that before Beck joined the group, as Eric Clapton was quitting, he had recommended Jimmy Page who he knew from doing dozens of sessions with. Does Anybody know what sessions they have done together? If you do, please let me know.

Thanks,

BK B)

I was reading about the Yardbirds the other day and it said that before Beck joined the group, as Eric Clapton was quitting, he had recommended Jimmy Page who he knew from doing dozens of sessions with. Does Anybody know what sessions they have done together? If you do, please let me know.

Thanks,

BK B)

Jimmy Page had brought together Carlo Little, Nicky Hopkins (piano), Jeff Beck (guitar), and Cliff Barton (bass) to produce a record for Immediate Records with singer Andy Anderson in London, 1965. After it was recorded, Page continued taping the musicans having a blues jam, the results of which appear on these compilations

http://www.carlolittle.com/discography/comp-beck.htm

Jimmy Page had brought together Carlo Little, Nicky Hopkins (piano), Jeff Beck (guitar), and Cliff Barton (bass) to produce a record for Immediate Records with singer Andy Anderson in London, 1965. After it was recorded, Page continued taping the musicans having a blues jam, the results of which appear on these compilations

http://www.carlolittle.com/discography/comp-beck.htm

Thank you so much, that really helped.

I know of only one confirmed session to feature both Eric and Jimmy (before Eric quit The Yardbirds): Otis Spann's "Stirs Me Up", which features Clapton on guitar and Page on harmonica.

Jimmy was fairly well known by the other guitarists in the R&B/blues scene in England. I don't know if he and Eric did "dozens" of sessions together, but they almost certainly crossed paths dozens of times before Eric left The Yardbirds in February 1965.

I know of only one confirmed session to feature both Eric and Jimmy (before Eric quit The Yardbirds): Otis Spann's "Stirs Me Up", which features Clapton on guitar and Page on harmonica.

Jimmy was fairly well known by the other guitarists in the R&B/blues scene in England. I don't know if he and Eric did "dozens" of sessions together, but they almost certainly crossed paths dozens of times before Eric left The Yardbirds in February 1965.

Do you know where I can hear that Otis Spann song? I have been looking for a few days with no luck.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone have access to this song?

If you go to the Itunes store and look up the album "The Blues Anthology (disc 1)

There are several early songs on the album that feature Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton. (Page I believe played 12 string rhythm).

I believe a lot of the songs on the album feature the production work of Jimmy Page, and were originally recorded for the Immediate Records label

Archived