Zeppelins devil tag

McSeven

Hi all,

I can't understand why Zep gets the devil tag on thier music. Not once do I feel that they are partying with the devil in thier lyrics or sound. Black Sabbath on the other hand seem to talk about the devil all the time.

AcDc talk about the devil as more of a mischvious character. I feel no darkness from Zep at all. If anything I feel like Zep are the good guys fighting the forces of evil.

Mc7

:hysterical:

KB

Yes yes, but selling souls to demons is a big theme in some mythologies / legends, and the Golden God declaration can be seen as a pun about the biblical Golden Calf, thus mocking Moses's 1. commandment ;).

That's REALLY reading too much into it. It could just as easily be seen as a pun about Golden showers. B)

That's REALLY reading too much into it. It could just as easily be seen as a pun about Golden showers. B)

Oh my, I wasn't entirely serious there :P because I don't believe Bob was either, but yes I definitely think GG has a connotation to GC (among other things maybe, don't care to know really).

The way I see it, is that when people don't understand or don't like things because they are different, they immediately hate them, which leads to connections with the devil e.t.c.

I think this happened with Zep. They were loud, different, origonal, no-one had seen anything like them before. People were unsetteled by them and the rebeliousness they caused in young people, so they didn't like them, and tried to find ways to make them bad. People who aren't open-minded don't like things that they don't understand.

Also, Pagey having an interest in Crowley didn't help.

I personally don't think they were in league with the devil or anything like that. They just expressed themselves, so when they were frustrated they wrote songs that sounded badass and could be mistaken for devilly stuff lol.

Does that make sense :mellow: lol

(excuse my dodgy spelling, im tired :rolleyes:)

Hear him? You can fucking see him in the front row! He's just a little to the right of the center of the stage and you only see him in a few shots in the first 5 minutes of the song. He's wearing a black fedora, giant black pointed sunglasses and wearing what looks like a sequened t-shirt with a big pot leaf in the middle and standing next to a fat chick with red hair. In one scene you can see him banging his head and make the devil horns with his right hand but you need to do frame by frame to see this very clearly.

Somehow I'd never imagined Satan, Lord of Darkness, Steward of the Fiery Pit, as wearing a sequined t-shirt and standing next to a fat red-haired chick while head-banging. :unsure:

Though that DOES sound like hell, come to think of it.

Somehow I'd never imagined Satan, Lord of Darkness, Steward of the Fiery Pit, as wearing a sequined t-shirt and standing next to a fat red-haired chick while head-banging. :unsure:

Though that DOES sound like hell, come to think of it.

:D

Yeah but who are we to judge his infernal magestie's fashion sense? Besides it was the 70's and i'm sure he wouldn't be caught dead in it now.

I don't know I thought the fat red head was kinda hot. I'm not sayin' I'd want Satan's sloppy seconds but...just sayin' .

Actually it would be interesting to me to learn of the boys spiritual or religious leanings or lack therof. I doubt there is any info on that though because celebs rarely talk about that stuff.

Archived