Led Zeppelin and Metallica Bonnaroo 2008?

Zeppelin and Metallica?????? :huh:

Metallica is one of the greatest bands of the past 20 years, IMHO. I have seen them play live numerous times and have been impressed each time with their ability to bring every ounce of energy possible out of their audience. They are in a very elite club. If ever there were a band worthy to share some of the spotlight with Zep, I would think Metallica would be on a very short list. If this actually happens, Continental will need to reserve a few first-class seats for me to go and see this.

The numerous Metallica shows I have seen rank second only to the times I have seen Plant/Page and Plant. For me, no one else even comes close... and I have seen a lot.

Report: Led Zep, Metallica For Bonnaroo

Billboard.com

December 03, 2007, 12:25 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Led Zeppelin will play its first U.S. show since July 24, 1977, this June at the Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tenn., according to an email published in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter. The report also says Metallica will headline the event.

Speculation about additional shows for Zeppelin, which will play a stated one-off Dec. 10 in London in tribute to late Atlantic founder Ahmet Ertegun, has been buzzing for weeks.

A Bonnaroo spokesperson had no comment on the email. A Led Zeppelin spokesperson could not be reached at deadline.

Summer Zeppelin shows would reportedly conflict with a tour by frontman Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, which is presently being booked. However, Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones has played at Bonnaroo on several occasions, most recently this summer when he jammed on his old band's songs with Ben Harper and the Roots' ?uestlove.

As for Metallica, Bonnaroo would likely provide a launching pad for the group's next album, expected sometime in 2008 via Elektra.

----------------

Billboard reports the same source. Nothing is confirmed, though.

why would zep appear on stage with such a daft band ?

ill give by gibson les paul away if metallica even take their instruments out of their cases within a 10 mile radius of zep.

i cant think music as one dimensional as the kind metallica play, just speaking my mind........had the misfortune to see metallica live in the early 90's and their sound/noise/music, call it what you will, sounded like pneaumatic drill.

whatever next ? appearing on stage with van halen or black sabbath ?

anything but a "donington" style set up,

should zep decide to do a festival, im sure they'll do one where their is a varied range of music,not bloody metallica et al.

You're entitled to your opinion, but Metallica is THE Heavy Metal band.

They are the Led Zeppelin of Metal.

They are indeed one the top most influential bands of past 25 years. 7 time Grammy winners.

The Billboard article contradicts itself. It says Bonnaroo conflicts with dates on the Plant/Krauss tour, so... end of story, right? The rumor must be false, much as I wish Zep would tour or at least do a few additional shows.

The Billboard article contradicts itself. It says Bonnaroo conflicts with dates on the Plant/Krauss tour, so... end of story, right? The rumor must be false, much as I wish Zep would tour or at least do a few additional shows.

Well, it doesn't quite contradict itself. It says "reportedly" it would conflict with a Plant/Krauss tour. That's newspeak for, we don't really know what's happening. :)

This rumor has some credibility, I think. Robert just did a whole bunch of festivals, and as has been pointed out, JPJ did Bonnaroo this year. It would be a great way to go about it. The managment of the event would be done by the festival folks, and possibly the entire crowd would not be in a Zeppelin-induced frenzy. There may actually be people there going, "Led who?" So Zeppelin show up, set up the stage, blow Metallica into the next state, and retire to a lovely suite to drink some cocoa and read some Nietzsche. Sounds perfect. :thumbsup: (PS, Opal, love your signature pic!)

Report: Led Zep, Metallica For Bonnaroo

Billboard.com

December 03, 2007, 12:25 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Led Zeppelin will play its first U.S. show since July 24, 1977, this June at the Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tenn., according to an email published in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter. The report also says Metallica will headline the event.

Speculation about additional shows for Zeppelin, which will play a stated one-off Dec. 10 in London in tribute to late Atlantic founder Ahmet Ertegun, has been buzzing for weeks.

A Bonnaroo spokesperson had no comment on the email. A Led Zeppelin spokesperson could not be reached at deadline.

Summer Zeppelin shows would reportedly conflict with a tour by frontman Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, which is presently being booked. However, Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones has played at Bonnaroo on several occasions, most recently this summer when he jammed on his old band's songs with Ben Harper and the Roots' ?uestlove.

As for Metallica, Bonnaroo would likely provide a launching pad for the group's next album, expected sometime in 2008 via Elektra.

----------------

Billboard reports the same source. Nothing is confirmed, though.

;)Thank you, Lady G, so it is still an "unconfirmed" date.

EXCATLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If people believe any "EMAIL" from dipsquat central, I could say yes, they are rumored to be playing over at Hotplants house, Neil Young may also be in the Line-up.

unconfirmed, but hey, I GOT AN EMAIL!!!! :blink::blink::blink:

Dec 10 - London, England - Confirmed

Jun 14 - Manchester, Tennessee - Unconfirmed

;)

Archived