One Year Later

kdh

I remember trying to get on the board along with literally thousands of others looking for any updates on how the show was. Someone at the concert was very kind to have sent texts to a member here who posted the set list as it unfolded. As agonizing as it was not being able to get on the board, it was pretty cool to commiserate with people here and celebrate the occasion from afar, cheering on our lucky friends who we knew were having the most amazing time.

I remember trying to get on the board along with literally thousands of others looking for any updates on how the show was. Someone at the concert was very kind to have sent texts to a member here who posted the set list as it unfolded. As agonizing as it was not being able to get on the board, it was pretty cool to commiserate with people here and celebrate the occasion from afar, cheering on our lucky friends who we knew were having the most amazing time.

..you mean you wasn't on a pedalo on the Thames 365 days ago????

..you mean you wasn't on a pedalo on the Thames 365 days ago????

Oh Fenix and I were pedalling my friend - you would have been so proud :D All those months of training paid off. So close yet so far away. We had our laptops with us - try keeping those safe from the water!

While we didn't get to the arena, you'll be happy to know a representative from the Olympic committee was so impressed with our skills, he's trying to make pedalling an Olympic sport :running:

Oh Fenix and I were pedalling my friend - you would have been so proud :D All those months of training paid off. So close yet so far away. We had our laptops with us - try keeping those safe from the water!

While we didn't get to the arena, you'll be happy to know a representative from the Olympic committee was so impressed with our skills, he's trying to make pedalling an Olympic sport :running:

Phew... that's a relief. Good ol' Fenix

Hello all, just joined! :rolleyes: Exactly one year ago I was leaving the O2, on a high, ears ringing and waiting with my friend for a bus back to our hotel. What a night, what an experience, I'll never forget it. Led Zep have been my favourite band since 1975 and back then I was not allowed to go to any concerts let alone any festivals - when I found out I had been lucky enough to win the ballot to buy these tickets I was so elated, I couldn't believe my luck! ..... and my mum (now 84) couldn't stop me from going now!!! :D

The wife and I are watching TSRTS Blu-Ray tonight to celebrate the anniversary.

I was lucky enough to get picked in the initial ballot and my wife and I were front row for the show. Here is my favorite photo I took that night.

kashmir.jpg

Also, here are close ups from pretty much every song played that night.

http://www.aarondenny.net/Zeppelin/

Those are great pics, thanks a lot for posting! :) I love the one of Robert playing harmonica, and also the one of Jimmy you posted. ^^

I was lucky enough to get picked in the initial ballot and my wife and I were front row for the show. Here is my favorite photo I took that night.

kashmir.jpg

Wow those are some wonderful photos! Lucky you being in the front row. Thanks for sharing those.

kashmir.jpg

Great photos and great spot!

Here's a link to some I posted on another (unrelated) forum I'm on from a perspective further back in the arena floor http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=183.0. My username is different but you'll recognise the avatar.

It includes some thoughts on the show (post 3) logged shortly after for a not necessarily Zep-mad audience.

My only regret is not managing to spend more time with more Zep fans while in London.

I've just celebrated the anniversary by ordering another T-shirt from ahmettribute.com

kashmir.jpg

doublea,

Thank you for sharing the great photos! My wife & I were not lucky enough to get tickets, so we really appreciate you sharing the experience with us!

And thank you to all on this forum who were there and shared and continue to share the experience with us. It was a really magical experience that I listen to over and over again- reading all of your experiences helps me imagine having been in the room.

:yourock::beer:

I can remember the excitement knowing they were going to play.

If I'm not mistaken it was 2 or 3 O'clock est. when they took the stage.

As a life long fan I could feel the energy in a strange way.

Afterwards getting all the reaction on the internet was great.

Finally starting to see them on You Tube was mesmerizing.

I can not say I've watched every clip of the show maybe because

Led Zeppelin has been a huge sound track to my life and I feel I understand

there style and they are ingrained in my soul.

From time to time I will play Kashmir usually during working hours when

there's a break in the action and still find myself bobbing my head and the

feet tap a bit and at times a chill will take over my body.

What did he call it, 'The Cosmic Energy

Everybody Goes Yeeeaaaaaah ~~

~BASH ~~~~

Rolling Stone Magazine wrote:

The only message they left behind was,

"We were the best — and still are."

One year after I still envy all of the people that actually were there. And is also one year more that I envy all the people that enjoyed Led Zep concerts in the 70s haha. Oh and I forgot is one more year that, with or without reunion tour, Led Zeppelin are the biggest and best band ever.

I downloaded 2-3 bit torrent versions of the show that I had to trash because I JUST KNEW they didn't capture the sound of the show. They all sounded like garbage, and I knew this was not garbage.

Then, I went on youtube, and found this guy's stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/vegheadnow

Ok, so then I plugged my Wireless Transmitter into the headphone jack of my pc and pumped the feed into my surround sound system. I adjusted the volume on my pc to about 55%, and the Youtube volume to about the same. This left enough contrast between Robert, Jimmy, Jason and JPJ to hear everyone loud and clear. And, here is the best part, it didn't lose that contrast or become signifigantly distorted when I blasted the surround sound volume controls. And so, it is like I am sitting about 150 yards front row center at the show and rocking out to Led Zeppelin just as it might have been a year ago in person. I have seen a lot of regurgetated commercial crap from a lot of bands that I love that cannot compare to the amateur conditions I have created for myself tonight. I would advise anyone to follow my lead as an alchemical formula :).

It truly was a monumental moment in the history of music a year ago this week. Nobody sounds like that, nobody...

Hi all,

I downloaded 2-3 bit torrent versions of the show that I had to trash because I JUST KNEW they didn't capture the sound of the show. They all sounded like garbage, and I knew this was not garbage.

Then, I went on youtube, and found this guy's stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/vegheadnow

Ok, so then I plugged my Wireless Transmitter into the headphone jack of my pc and pumped the feed into my surround sound system. I adjusted the volume on my pc to about 55%, and the Youtube volume to about the same. This left enough contrast between Robert, Jimmy, Jason and JPJ to hear everyone loud and clear. And, here is the best part, it didn't lose that contrast or become signifigantly distorted when I blasted the surround sound volume controls. And so, it is like I am sitting about 150 yards front row center at the show and rocking out to Led Zeppelin just as it might have been a year ago in person. I have seen a lot of regurgetated commercial crap from a lot of bands that I love that cannot compare to the amateur conditions I have created for myself tonight. I would advise anyone to follow my lead as an alchemical formula :) .

It truly was a monumental moment in the history of music a year ago this week. Nobody sounds like that, nobody...

Phhhl! That is way,to cool! Thanks for sharing that with us,you know,the less-technical :) among us!Weeeeeeee!

This darn CD/DVD is going to rock!Trust me,it will come out and kick arse.Both will be #1 on the 'charts',just like the DVD and HTWWW,....did.

Heck,I found so many YouTube clips so great,yep I said it.Then we get the real deal.It is only going to state what we already know,......

They were the best and still are.
B)

KB(all I want for next Christmas,.....)

thanks for all the great pics and links.

oh, how i wish i could have been there.

i am envious of those that got to go, but happy for you all at the same time. it is wonderful that you have all posted such great memories for the rest of us, so we can really get a feel of the experience .

im still holding onto the hope of seeing jimmy, john paul, jason and ?. just worried that, even if they do tour, will they come to oz?

i agree with the sentiments that the 02 was a great way to say goodbye, if indeed that's what it was.

but i hope it wasn't!

Archived