Centre of the universe

caroselambra~

my absolute favourite place on earth is times square

every time i go there (3 times up to now) it takes my breath away

there is a sign by the police shop that says *welcome to the center of the universe* & thats exactly what it feels like to me

i just can't get enough of the shops, the lights, newspaper stands, m&m multimedia signs & 24 hour non stop brilliance

if there is one light that can be seen from heaven - it is times square new york, new york

love it to bits

Edited by caroselambra~

I'm pretty much the opposite. I prefer the solitude of the mountains and forests. Spectacular scenery, a nice campfire at night with my guitar and a bottle of "anti-freeze". Ahhhh, that's the life... :D

oh well you would love capel curig a remote place in the heart of snowdonia

llanberis pass runs between snowdon and iffl cwm (i think)

you could get lost up there for days!!!

i often go there with holly my german shepherd

I'm pretty much the opposite. I prefer the solitude of the mountains and forests. Spectacular scenery, a nice campfire at night with my guitar and a bottle of "anti-freeze". Ahhhh, that's the life... :D

Works for me too ! Add the ocean in there and stars as far as the eye can see. Heaven on earth. Damn, I can't wait till winter's over with B)

My favorite place (aside from my bed...which ranks very high) is the beach. My favorite beach that i have been to was in Puerto Vallarta. I also love Sanibel Island. The beach and the ocean are the ultimate place to feel your soul soar and achieve deep relaxation!

Vallarta%20beach.jpg

Prague was breathtaking for me in terms of pure beauty. Barcelona was great as well.

In England, where I spent some significant time, I really liked the Lake District, Manchester (gritty with great vibe) and Liverpool (I made lifelong friends there, people were soooo friendly). Edinburgh had a magical feel as well.

As far as center of universe, that is hard to pick a specific area. I guess the Appalachian mountains of Kentucky where I grew up. I just wish I could make peace with the total isolation I felt growing up there as a teenager. There were so many times that my external FM antenna, strung precariously on the roof of my house to pull in distant, big-city rock stations, felt like my only contact with the "real" world. That is why music, specifically rock music, was always so important to me throughout my life. Now I drive back there to see elderly, ailing relatives and I get so frustrated when I lose the signal on my Blackberry and my XM. I really need to work on not being frustrated and enjoying the pure beauty of the area.

Edited by Kentuckygirl

Prague was breathtaking for me in terms of pure beauty. Barcelona was great as well.

In England, where I spent some significant time, I really liked the Lake District, Manchester (gritty with great vibe) and Liverpool (I made lifelong friends there, people were soooo friendly). Edinburgh had a magical feel as well.

As far as center of universe, that is hard to pick a specific area. I guess the Appalachian mountains of Kentucky where I grew up. I just wish I could make peace with the total isolation I felt growing up there as a teenager. There were so many times that my external FM antenna, strung precariously on the roof of my house to pull in distant, big-city rock stations, felt like my only contact with the "real" world. That is why music, specifically rock music, was always so important to me throughout my life. Now I drive back there to see elderly, ailing relatives and I get so frustrated when I lose the signal on my Blackberry and my XM. I really need to work on not being frustrated and enjoying the pure beauty of the area.

I have heard some amazing things about Prague. I nearly went last year and do hope at some point to make it over there. Same with Liverpool. Being a city girl, I can understand the frustration of living in that sort of isolation, though I'd love to explore the area some time as I've been learning more about the music and such that came from there. It's a different perspective visiting a place versus living there.

I haven't been to enough places to really answer this question. So many cities/countries I've had the pleasure of seeing each have something unique and special about them. England tugs at my heart a lot even though I've not seen much of it. Just something in me I can't explain, that I'm so drawn to.

For me, the center of the Pacific Rim, Hawaii. Hey, at least it's centered. B)

pacific-rim-map-lg.jpg

New Zealand, Fiji, French Polynesia (Tahiti, not really shown) would be my next favorites in line after Hawaii. For ages, I never realized Tahiti was actually east of Hawaii. I'd always considered the Hawaiian Islands as being the furthest east of migration in history from the seafaring Polynesians. But Hawaii was settled by Tahitians and they paddled and sailed their outriggers northWEST to get there. However when looking at a map, I'd say Easter Island is probably the most eastern of Pacific Island travel by the Polynesians. They refer to it as Rapa Nui. It's possible stuff like the Galapogos and even South America had prehistoric inhabitants that traveled east to live there (by water that is, not from the Alaska landbridge crossings).

EasterCruise.jpg

:D

Edited by Devil's Haircut