Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
caroselambra~

pink floyd

Recommended Posts

Pink Floyd and London’s notorious UFO Club

The loud, lysergic anarchy of the band’s earliest underground shows

Excerpted from “Pink Floyd’s The Piper at the Gates of Dawn” by John Cavanagh (Continuum, 2003). Reprinted with permission from Bloomsbury Publishing.

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/11/33-13-excerpt-pink-floyd/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

44 years ago today, the infamous day Syd Barrett walked into Studio 3 at Abbey Road Studios while Pink Floyd were recording ‘Wish You Were Here’ lp.  Richard Wright said they were working on “Shine On You Crazy Diamond” at the time...

 

1453040D-74CD-40D1-A311-A9F1301E984A.jpeg

Edited by Walter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Walter said:

45 years ago today, the infamous day Syd Barrett walked into Studio 3 at Abbey Road Studios while Pink Floyd were recording ‘Wish You Were Here’ lp.  Richard Wright said they were working on “Shine On You Crazy Diamond” at the time...

 

1453040D-74CD-40D1-A311-A9F1301E984A.jpeg

I've often pondered how Syd knew his former band were in the studio, who told him, how did he even get in there, was there no security..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JTM said:

I've often pondered how Syd knew his former band were in the studio, who told him, how did he even get in there, was there no security..

I have as well.  All of what you said.  Here are a few pages from Nick Mason’s book describing the day.

Edit: The order of the pages changed it’s 1st, 3rd, and then 2nd if you’re trying to read them with continuity. 

1CD90B8C-5FA8-4FAF-9172-FAF0E9497820.jpeg

0F1923FF-1AEA-4554-BE0D-C5388ACAF73B.jpeg

9560BED1-D010-4252-883B-075686B1CF0E.jpeg

Edited by Walter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Walter said:

I have as well.  All of what you said.  Here are a few pages from Nick Mason’s book describing the day.

Edit: The order of the pages changed it’s 1st, 3rd, and then 2nd if you’re trying to read them with continuity. 

1CD90B8C-5FA8-4FAF-9172-FAF0E9497820.jpeg

0F1923FF-1AEA-4554-BE0D-C5388ACAF73B.jpeg

9560BED1-D010-4252-883B-075686B1CF0E.jpeg

Thanks Walter.  There's much more detail on Syd's visit than I've seen before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...