southern CA zep tribute looking for vox

The Nobs

hey y'all

we're looking for a singer. see http://www.we-aint-right.com/cgi-bin/guitar.cgi for what we're up to.

lake elsinore, san diego - anywhere in between or close by will do. must be a friggin' zep freak and you'll have access to all my bootlegs! i have recordings from every known recorded zep gig...not that i'm a fanatic or anything...

rock,

gary

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Still waiting :blink:

send me an email - gary0214@yahoo.com

i've tried sending you a message through this forum interface. not sure if you rec'd it or not. we were planning on jamming this sunday, but the singer we were trying out flaked out on us for his tryout. if you'd like to attend...let's chat about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks, The Nobs! That's all I have right now. I'm going to do a solo gig here in Carolina this week. It's been many years since I've played out but, rehearsals have started shaping up so I'm looking forward to it. I don't have any Zeppelin in this show but the band I was in at that time was doing "Rock and Roll", " Dancing Daze", "No Quarter", "All of My Love" (when we had a keyboardist), "Heart breaker/Whole Lot'a Love" (like was on the Song Remains the Same LP), "Misty Mountain Hop" and a few others. We had jammed on almost everything as my guitar player is much more into Zep than I am (I like lot's of different stuff evenly). I'll try to sneak "Thank You" into the show this week and post it to Imeem next week (I know I remember that one).

I went to recording school in the late 1990's (got an A.S. in recording art's) and did some stage production for a few years. It didn't pay well at all so I got back into regular work, I'm now laid off from a machining job (less than a month ago) I'm doing nothing with nothing so I really have no chains right now.

Are you guy's playing out regular now? Needing some one to just fall in? Or do you want to take time to work thing's out?

I only ask this because of my long absence from the scene, I actually can sing better than before being as I gave up parting and smoking a little over 2 years ago. Towards the end of the 1990's I was losing my higher singing range, it has come back good (not like when I was 15). I don't have any thing against parting and I'm not a religious nut (sorry) but I just don't want to get back into it or spend lot's of time around the heavy stuff.

Your song's I found on the web link sound good, you have the Page sound and style down pat. That singer sound's like a mix of Steven Tyler and Bon Scott, Bass player was solid and the drummer did a decent job of Bonzo's fill's.

I didn't get "Reswati's" song, as to being a Led Zeppelin tribute. No offense Reswati (it was a cool tune) but, it wasn't one of Led Zeppelin's song's at all (that I remember).

That's cool with me BLD, Cosmic Caravan was recorded/written while beeing high on opium ( so far to the vibe and the integalactic lyrics)

Oh..I see now I can remember (I think) day's like that to! Been a many years ago, as I calmed down a lot in the mid/late 1990's. I was still drinking and doing some light parting after that but the past 2 years (I'm mid 40 something now) have been clean and strait living.

There is a bit of a Page sound in the guitar playing of your song as I hear it, where did you record it?

Oh..I see now I can remember (I think) day's like that to! Been a many years ago, as I calmed down a lot in the mid/late 1990's. I was still drinking and doing some light parting after that but the past 2 years (I'm mid 40 something now) have been clean and strait living.

There is a bit of a Page sound in the guitar playing of your song as I hear it, where did you record it?

That was recorded in my living room (Have mercy on the neighbors).

That was recorded in my living room (Have mercy on the neighbors).

Now that kind of thing I do remember! Seems almost every time my former band would play out side the cops where sure to come and shut us down. Or the neighbors would call and leave nasty massage's on the answering machine!

There where a lot of show's that where event less to, those are the best one's.

Archived