RIP Michael Lee

ocean

It's 6:30 am Pacific time in the USA, and we are still only hearing this from the horseshit rumor mill. Where is the coroner's report? What doctor pronounced him dead? Where did he die?

Was it an overdose, pre-existing health problems? Where is the information? Not on Yahoo news. They've actually subtracted an article since yesterday. Maybe this is total horse shit. I don't believe it. I don't want to believe it.

It's 6:30 am Pacific time in the USA, and we are still only hearing this from the horseshit rumor mill. Where is the coroner's report? What doctor pronounced him dead? Where did he die?

Was it an overdose, pre-existing health problems? Where is the information? Not on Yahoo news. They've actually subtracted an article since yesterday. Maybe this is total horse shit. I don't believe it. I don't want to believe it.

Go to his MySpace page. The link is in the second post here. Scroll down through the comments. A few people seem to have known him quite well for it to be bullshit.

Go to his MySpace page. The link is in the second post here. Scroll down through the comments. A few people seem to have known him quite well for it to be bullshit.

I looked through MANY pages of Michael Lees' on myspace. I didn't find him. Please post a link.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?sh...mp;#entry291791

There is still nothing definitive and there are conflicting reports as to whether he passed in the morning or evening.

Drummer Michael Lee, who had toured and recorded with Led Zeppelin musicians like Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, passed away on Monday morning (24 November 2008). He was 39 years old. The cause of his death is not known.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/music/int...way-261108.html

The second post on THIS thread has the link.

Damn, this is still a big kick in the nuts. Like a bad dream...

It is RA ! Moments like this make us reflect on our own lives and reinforce, for me anyway's, the importance of living our lives to the fullest. No time like the present

thanks 2 u and rockaction 4 the link. I'd still like to hear this from an authority, someone who cares about music. Sam Webmaster, I'm looking in your direction. I think this merits mention on the News section. I will continue waiting.

Page and Plant drummer Michael Lee dies aged 39

Cause of death currently unknown

Photo Gallery

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/pag...-aged-39-184477

Ave Maria

ihs.jpgtn_DaveMichaelLee-1.jpg

michael-lee-850-100.jpg

Rest in peace, Michael Lee.

Message of November 25, 2008

"Dear children! Also today I call you, in this time of grace, to pray for little Jesus to be born in your heart. May He, who is peace itself, give peace to the entire world through you. Therefore, little children, pray without ceasing for this turbulent world without peace, so that you may become witnesses of peace for all. May hope begin to flow through your hearts as a river of grace. Thank you for having responded to my call."

http://www.medjugorje-online.com/message.php

Wow, this sucks. I really hope one day Page and Plant see fit to release a best of compilation from their tours because now that there will be no more true Zep reunion tour, the best from the two Page Plant tours deserves to be bundled up and presented to the world. They were so much better than the MTV special.

Never thought he had the right feel for Plant and Page/Plant, but he definitely held his own and played in his own style not trying to be Bonzo like. Nonetheless, I do feel he was a talented musician and am saddened by this news. 39 is too young to die and it disturbs me when someone leaves this world so soon. Rest in peace Michael. :(

Very sad news...I'm with everyone when I express a shock at the news and I'm in disbelief.

Michael Lee had a gift and his spirit will continue to touch so many music fans.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

candle3.jpg

I feel so priviledge to have seen Michael live and to have met him, spoken with him and shared a laugh and a hug. I got his autograph and and a pic with him and he was so affable and telling stories about Jimmy. He was amazing. It was May 6th, 2006 and a night I'll never forget. He absolutely floored the audience with a massive and epic drum solo and won us all over. I knew of him from his work with Page and Plant of course, but I got to know his work beyond just that when he teamed up with a musician named Jeff Martin and played on his 2006 album Exile and the Kingdom and they set out on tour. I feel really lucky to have seen him perform live.

It's so sad that he's gone.

Archived