Michael Lee drummer PAGE & PLANT

shookie

Just want to report the very sad news Michael Passed away last night at home in England....this news come to me via his ex wife.....as I am an old friend and former drumtech.

Sean

Condolences to all. Rest in peace, Michael Lee,

November 19, 1969 - November 24, 2008.

mary_praying_cross.jpgmichaellee.jpg

Ave Maria

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you

Blessed art thou and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now

and at the hour of our death.

Amen

http://www.medjugorje-online.com/photos/gallery.swf

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=109610

Drummer MICHAEL LEE Dead At 39 - Nov. 25, 2008

Drummer Michael Lee passed away yesterday morning (Monday, November 24). Lee, best known for his work with ROBERT PLANT, LENNY KRAVITZ, THIN LIZZY, THE CULT and THE QUIREBOYS, was just 39 years old. Daniel Stanton of Coallier Entertainment, which has worked with THIN LIZZY in the past, said in a statement that was released to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "Michael was an amazing drummer and equally an amazing person. He will truly be missed. Our prayers go out to his family."

For more information on Michael Lee's work with Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, visit the Lemon Squeezings web site.

More information will be made available soon.

He really played with such a marvelous energy, such joy. I had the Unledded DVD out the previous weekend, and was so impressed with Mr. Lee's performance.

side note: This older (2004) article on the web talks about when Michael built his dream house near Loch Ness. The article mentions that Pagey turned him on to the area.

Drummer's dream home goes on sale

ALISTAIR MUNRO

A MANSION intended as a Highland hideaway for the rock drummer Michael Lee has gone on the market at £100,000.

With tremendous views high in the hills over Loch Ness, the knockdown asking price may seem a bargain - but the snag is that it is partially completed and for cash buyers only.

Lee, 34, who played with Echo and the Bunnymen and The Cult, bought the property several years ago hoping to turn it into a castle with five turrets.

But he ran out of funds in the middle of renovation work and then bankruptcy in January resulted in repossession, ending his dream.

The house - Zenossian - lies off the twisty Corkscrew Road between Torness and Inverfarigaig, in a setting overlooking Loch Ness and the Monadhliath Mountains.

Potential buyers have been warned by the estate agents, Your Move, that the secluded property needs substantial investment on top of the sale price, in excess of £200,000 to £300,000.

The advert details hint at the scale of the project, saying: "Detached dwelling house, unfinished project, potential three public rooms, potential kitchen, potential bathroom, rural setting. Please note this property is not mortgagable, cash buyers only". The reason, the agents explain, is because building certificates have not been awarded.

Lee, a Grammy-winning drummer who has toured with the former Led Zeppelin stars Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, had hoped to transform the old two-up, two-down lodge with turret bedrooms and a 60ft great hall. Work on the house was about a third of the way through when stopped.

The rock star was introduced to the area by Page, who owned Boleskine House at nearby Foyers, a house previously belonging to Aleister Crowley, who carried out black magic rites there.

A friend of Lee said the drummer and his wife, Michelle Ewart, a hairdresser, were heartbroken, adding: "It has been a dreadful blow. This was Michael’s baby."

The mansion was repossessed by the Woolwich Building Society following Lee’s bankruptcy and placed on the market.

Lee, who was performing with Thin Lizzie in Sweden last week, is understood to be in dispute with a local builder and a civil hearing is due at Inverness Sheriff Court next month.

full article here: http://property.scotsman.com/news.cfm?id=547432003

It is so sad to hear this. He was a great talent and I enjoyed seeing him play for Robert Plant 11/30/93(MSG's Wamu in NYC-formerly Theatre at MSG) and for Page and Plant at the following shows as well Meadowlands Arena, NJ (4/7/95), MSG, NYC (10/26/95), MSG, NYC (7/16/98), Meadowlands Arena, NJ (7/18/98). Some great and historical shows. What a shock this was.

Was he active in the music biz that much over the last ten years, because I haven't heard anything about him during this time? What a loss and way too young! He will most certainly be missed. :drumz::depressed:

Just want to report the very sad news Michael Passed away last night at home in England....this news come to me via his ex wife.....as I am an old friend and former drumtech.

Sean

Sean, that is very sad news. Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your old friend. Michael Lee was an incredible drummer.

Archived