"On-Line Dating"

Dzldoc

I truly believe Love will find you when your not looking for it and you will just know it's right.

That usually only happens in the movies, soap operas and romance novels i think. But at least you have a positive attitude. I have been dating on and off and in relationships on and off for quite awhile and love has not been finding me. Some people never find and will never find it.

Funny stuff :) Les Paul

Well to answer dzldoc, i have two close people in my life who have met very nice men on Match.com. Now unfortunately, the relationships aren't doing so well, but that seems to be the fault of the girls...

my best friend met someone there, dated him for a month, decided he wasn't her love match, and then a year later (and quite a few failed others she met there) she started dating him again, married him two years later, and now is divorcing him a year later. But he's a good guy and she's a great (although too picky) person herself.

My sister has met a few guys there (most turned out to be only friends). The love match she met is still in her life after 3 years, but his jealousy over my sister's flirtatious nature (and keeping in touch with an ex) has caused him to break up with her a few times. I think they are semi on again this week. The great thing is they have alot in common aside from the physical attraction. They are both divorced with shared custody of children who are close in age. They also enjoy alot of the same activities...etc...

I say if you try one of these services be as honest as you can about yourself and what you want, to find the best match for you. I would prefer to meet someone this way over going to clubs any day.

Word of advice, if you choose one of those "whore" sites, buy stock in Trojan...

disgusting that women will sleep around that way today...not a good statement for women's lib (and i can imagine what Sarah Palin would say about these girls, maybe something similar to what i think, yikes)...

I think a lot of women threw out that whole movement. They want men to do the asking the paying etc. I think they only want equality in certain things. That's it. They pick and choose what they want equality in.

The best places to meet someone are at work or school. Unfortunately, when you get older you aren't usually in school (or with people your age) and work depends on what you do in what kind of environment. I would think church might be a good place, too.

Most men i have known don't expect sex after buying you dinner, but i usually do...lol.

Are they really good places to hook up with someone? School is a pretty shallow setting and at work thinks could get messy if you break up and would still have to work together.

And i don't think church would be the best place. i don't think that setting would really be good for getting one in the mood to date someone would it? Everyone is thinking about praying and religion and they are dressed conservatively. And i am not a religious person at all.

That usually only happens in the movies, soap operas and romance novels i think. But at least you have a positive attitude. I have been dating on and off and in relationships on and off for quite awhile and love has not been finding me. Some people never find and will never find it.

free-sad-smileys-406.gif

I can truly tell you that I wasn't planning on being with anyone ever again. I've had three major relationships that didn't work out. I was quite happy being on my own. (a little lonely at times) Then someone I knew a few years ago came back into my life. I never thought I would be with this person and to my surprise he is exactly what I've always wanted. Love does find you when you least expect it. I hope things change for you.

And i don't think church would be the best place. i don't think that setting would really be good for getting one in the mood to date someone would it? Everyone is thinking about praying and religion and they are dressed conservatively. And i am not a religious person at all.

well this might work for someone who is religious.

well this might work for someone who is religious.

Ironically, I was at a birthday brunch last Sat. and one of the female servers, was from the Ukraine. Clearly her English was not the greatest but after a few interactions I felt obliged to tell her that at least half of the people she was serving, could talk Ukrainian fluently...lol. Anyway's, once everyone knew where she was from, she was instantly adopted. She had only been in Vancouver a couple of weeks and was overjoyed to find out that a lot of the elders she was serving, were some of of the people who started the Ukrainian church in Vancouver after the second world war.She was overjoyed because all she had ever known for a social life, revolved around her church and she felt very comfortable in that senario. She told us she wasn't really religious but, she knew that she could establish a social life here through the church. Let me tell ya, once she said that, there were ladies in their 80's and 90's that told her that they had originally joined the church for the same reason and had met their deceased husband's that way....lol. Let me tell ya guy's , this gal was a honey and had a personality to die for. Don't bypass the church :D

If you feel like doing the online dating thing, go for it! It must work for some people, or else there wouldn't be so many sites out there offering it. Right? Although, I probably wouldn't advertise it if you make good money, for obvious reasons.

I actually know a couple who met online, on a gaming website-Lol! They've been together for several years now, and have kids. I prefer to meet people in person, though.

If you feel like doing the online dating thing, go for it! It must work for some people, or else there wouldn't be so many sites out there offering it. Right? Although, I probably wouldn't advertise it if you make good money, for obvious reasons.

I actually know a couple who met online, on a gaming website-Lol! They've been together for several years now, and have kids. I prefer to meet people in person, though.

Same here. But if you do try and meet up with people from some site. Don't meet them by yourself or at least meet in a very public spot because you never know who you are meeting. Hell you never really know who people really are when you meet them in general. :rolleyes:

Same here. But if you do try and meet up with people from some site. Don't meet them by yourself or at least meet in a very public spot because you never know who you are meeting. Hell you never really know who people really are when you meet them in general. :rolleyes:

:blink: Really? I never thought about that! :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I could write a book about this. I have had many a date. My current wife of almost 3 years I met online. She would kill me if she knew I was typing this. Some of the stories are hilarious. I had a few blind ones with ones that totally lied about things. But I must say, I think its the best way to meet people. It is the way its going to happen more and more often. You get to talk to people and get to know them first. Kind of screen and people can feel less awkward than walking up to someone in a bar and hitting on them.

Yukon,you write a book,because that is cold hard fact.Write it and I'll buy it.

D,good luck,with your attitude,experience and your charm,......you can't find a partner/broad/girl friend?? :blink:

On-line or other-wise,one will fall,maybe not in your lap,but into your heart,... :thumbsup:

KB()

You "do" have point...

Thanks. :D It's true. Women want equal pay and equal job opportunities but other than that they appear to want men to be in charge or treated as a equal by a man other than in the work force. It's too bad. It's a good cause going to waste because they want to stay old fashioned and wait for their Knight in Shining Armor or Prince Charming. They attitude they have about work should extend to their personal lives.

Thanks. :D It's true. Women want equal pay and equal job opportunities but other than that they appear to want men to be in charge or treated as a equal by a man other than in the work force. It's too bad. It's a good cause going to waste because they want to stay old fashioned and wait for their Knight in Shining Armor or Prince Charming. They attitude they have about work should extend to their personal lives.

That's not what i meant. You said women pick and choose what they want equality in. I agreed with that point. I didn't say anything about women expecting to be treated "old fashioned" while still wanting the same "fairness" for doing the same job.

I meant that women can be "choosy", that's all.

Im happily married now. I wish Id met this wife the first time around. My first one didnt work out. I am all for the online dating thing and highly recommend it. Just be carefull which ones you use. I think dreamates is good. I think they are linked with several others but Id stay away from Harmony. Too expensive. You can get alot of dates lined up for $25. Cheaper than a meat market. Doll meat too! Dont mind the gold digging, baggage loaded, toothless hags that you must sift though in the search.

Hey, I take offense at that remark.

I'm missing a couple of teeth. It's sometimes an offset of a hard life.

No baggage, I only brought what I wanted with me.

I'm worth my weight in gold or diamonds, don't care about stuff, I could take it or leave it.

And hey, my missing tooth near the front of my mouth doesn't prevent me from smiling HUGE.

ok??? Remember when Robert was missing his tooth? I'm missing the same one.

I just haven't been able to afford to fix it yet. Doesn't make me ugly. And if you want to define a hag as HA.G well then, ok., lol.

Would I be overlooked because I am missing a couple of teeth? that's some guys loss then.

Hey, I take offense at that remark.

I'm missing a couple of teeth. It's sometimes an offset of a hard life.

No baggage, I only brought what I wanted with me.

I'm worth my weight in gold or diamonds, don't care about stuff, I could take it or leave it.

And hey, my missing tooth near the front of my mouth doesn't prevent me from smiling HUGE.

ok??? Remember when Robert was missing his tooth? I'm missing the same one.

I just haven't been able to afford to fix it yet. Doesn't make me ugly. And if you want to define a hag as HA.G well then, ok., lol.

Would I be overlooked because I am missing a couple of teeth? that's some guys loss then.

Well, from the pic I've seen of you the tooth thing is a non-issue. You're quite lovely. :)