Possible return to the studio in January for Robert

MHD

Good point Aqua. I think we have a thread dedicated to "Plantations" somewhere on this forum. I think this recent "everybody needs to eat" remark would qualify. Personally, I found it humorous and I would be very surprised to find out that it was intended as anything else

I wasn't offended by it either. I think it's his sense of humor and I don't think there was any malice behind it but as KentuckyGirl said, he can't win no matter what he says or does.

I wasn't offended by it either. I think it's his sense of humor and I don't think there was any malice behind it but as KentuckyGirl said, he can't win no matter what he says or does.

Yeah, I guess so. You know, I could understand him being mad and nasty if he wasn't asked but as we all know, he was and he declined. He also said that he was cool with them doing something. How his remarks now could be translated into something negative about the project, is beyond me.

Yeah, I guess so. You know, I could understand him being mad and nasty if he wasn't asked but as we all know, he was and he declined. He also said that he was cool with them doing something. How his remarks now could be translated into something negative about the project, is beyond me.

It's beyond me too Ally.

Frankly, I'm quite open for Page/Jones/Bonham Jr./ to do something with a different singer and a different name (Page/Jones Project?). And if it's Myles Kennedy, Ben Harper, or somebody else for that matter, then I'm quite open to it. It would be good for the them to record new material (especially if it's Page/Jones/Bonham Jr. writing the material). We do have yet to hear this collaboration do something new. And if they do L.Z. material, then it would be good for them to do tunes like, The Lemon Song, Livin Lovin Maid, Bring It On Home, How Many More Times, I Can't Quit You Baby, etc., songs that are blues oriented (again, if they bring in Myles Kennedy or Ben Harper).

“In January, I’m starting to record a new album with Alison Krauss and T Bone Burnett,” he revealed, before adding “but I understand that everyone’s got to eat,” implying that the Plant-less Led Zep has his blessing.

Maybe the "golden god" was implying that since he no longer needs more money, that he will be donating his portion to charity :DB)

He probably will, given how much he donates to charity on a regular basis.

Edited for speling

I don't think musicians give nearly enough of their earnings to charity, considering what they are worth and the problems in the world.

I hope he is giving it to real worthy causes iow not PETA

I agree...some just don't get Robert's wicked sense of humor. I chuckled when I read it....'cause I got it. :D

Regarding the follow up project w/Alison, it will be interesting to hear a colloboration of original tunes by the dynamic duo. :D

I don't think musicians give nearly enough of their earnings to charity, considering what they are worth and the problems in the world.

I hope he is giving it to real worthy causes iow not PETA

Some musicians may not or perhaps they do and don't publicize it. Regardless, Robert donates a lot of time and money to causes he feels are worthy. I'm not sure how you can pass judgement on what that would be for him or anyone.

Some musicians may not or perhaps they do and don't publicize it. Regardless, Robert donates a lot of time and money to causes he feels are worthy. I'm not sure how you can pass judgement on what that would be for him or anyone.

Ok, well...

A lot of artists and actors jumped on the PETA bandwagon.

Last campaign was to approach Ben and Jerry's and have the moo milk replaced

with human breast milk.

I rest my case.

Ok, well...

A lot of artists and actors jumped on the PETA bandwagon.

Last campaign was to approach Ben and Jerry's and have the moo milk replaced

with human breast milk.

I rest my case.

It may not be a cause you support and that's totally fine but actors and artists (just like us) have the right to choose what they want to get behind.

Well, I'm quite happy about what he said, we can see Robert is going to do a new album, and there is indeed something going on the other three's side.

I see nothing negative in his comment, well for those who predetermined to dislike him, he just can't say anything right. It has been the case for decades now, I think, and it won't bother him, at all.

Honestly...I'm am really fed up of Plant statements, very often full of sarcasm. I never liked his way to talk rubbish about other musicians or groups (Rod Stewart, Rolling, Who, etc.).His most recent statement "but I understand that everyone's got to eat" means "they are doing it for the money because they don't have anything better to do to make a living". Please Robert, do your next fantastic and innovative country album!? and leave them doing what they want !!!

Honestly, I'm really fed up of those Plant bashing, very often full of unnecessary speculation. He gets along quite well with other musicians, mind you? For example Rod Stewart and Roger Daltrey.

His most recent statement is nothing but what he said, you read into it too much but whatever.

And yes Robert is doing his own Album and leave the others doing what they want, you've got it.

Even the article stated that this phrase was just implying that he was giving Jimmy's new project his blessing (in a slightly humorous way, though I fail to see any sarcasm). I think some of the responses to it are just showing that people will absolutely go out of their way to find something to be offended by in the most inoffensive statement. What I am really fed up with is people actually starting threads (not referring to MissHoneydripper, of course :) ) to express their outrage over this total trivia.

wow, i didn't see the humour in there until you pointed it out, and now it's glaringly obvious.

makes the statement even more inoffensive

Good point Aqua. I think we have a thread dedicated to "Plantations" somewhere on this forum. I think this recent "everybody needs to eat" remark would qualify. Personally, I found it humorous and I would be very suprised to find out that it was intended as anything else

I agree! This is one of his famous "Plantations" and I didn't find it offensive at all. Unfortunately, some people will turn this into something worse, like he is being sarcastic and he isn't. He chose not to continue with Jimmy, JPJ and Jason and has wished them nothing but success.

Sarcasm? Where exactly was the sarcasm there? "...everyone's got to eat" is the supposedly- sarky bit,I believe. Just for interest,my interpretation is that it looks like his way of saying that it may well happen and good luck to them. Having said this,my views on sarcasm may not be of much use as I'm English and we're famous the world over for not 'getting' sarcasm. Aren't 'we'??

:wtf:

Man just says he doesn't want to stand in the way of Jimmy and co. earning a living, and says what he'll be doing instead. What's moody about that??? He's entitled to say whatever the hell he likes, including promoting his own work, which you can be darn sure Jimmy and co. will be doing (and quite right too) if and when they finally produce some.

Well, Aquamarine, let's just edit ourselves on the go, shall we? Man did a lot for eating in his own time. He's got NO right to talk them down like this. And to bring LZ funs down for that matter. As well as he, we are entitled to say whatever the hell we like on this Forum (well, within the limits of reason, of course). Or do you want to change the rules here?

He gets along quite well with other musicians, mind you? For example Rod Stewart and Roger Daltrey.

His most recent statement is nothing but what he said, you read into it too much but whatever.

That would probably be all, the list's complete. What about his nice habit of bashing the younger rock groups in the bars?..

That would probably be all, the list's complete. What about his nice habit of bashing the younger rock groups in the bars?..

How many times had he bashed the younger rock groups in the bars? Never know it had already turned into a habit.

If you are talking about Radiohead, so what that he was not in the mood to listen to them once in a while? A great problem? Sometimes I was not in the mood to listen to anything even my favorite band.

Even it could sound a bit bitchy, yes he could be sometimes, but we are all human.

Give him a break.

Someone at the bar claims to have heard him make a comment about Radiohead. Don't think that's exactly the most reliable source. Not to mention Robert has and is very supportive of younger rock bands - he frequently pulls up and coming artists to open for him on tour.

Well I'm not saying I won't listen to the songs but I absolutley LOATH country or bluegrass or whatever you want to call it. So chances are I won't be seeing them again. Unless the tickets are really cheap and there is no one better coming around like in June I could have seen Eric Clapton with a bunch of my friends but I saw RP & AK...big mistake. But maybe some origional material will make its way to album and it will be good because I must say Gone, Gone, Gone is a pretty good song (I know it's not origional) and their version of Black Country Woman was maybe better than Led Zeppelin's.

Archived