Possible return to the studio in January for Robert

MHD

Well I'm not saying I won't listen to the songs but I absolutley LOATH country or bluegrass or whatever you want to call it. So chances are I won't be seeing them again. Unless the tickets are really cheap and there is no one better coming around like in June I could have seen Eric Clapton with a bunch of my friends but I saw RP & AK...big mistake. But maybe some origional material will make its way to album and it will be good because I must say Gone, Gone, Gone is a pretty good song (I know it's not origional) and their version of Black Country Woman was maybe better than Led Zeppelin's.

Knowing Robert, I would predict the second album with Alison will sound nothing like the first.

Well, Aquamarine, let's just edit ourselves on the go, shall we? Man did a lot for eating in his own time. He's got NO right to talk them down like this. And to bring LZ funs down for that matter. As well as he, we are entitled to say whatever the hell we like on this Forum (well, within the limits of reason, of course). Or do you want to change the rules here?

What are you talking about????? Of course you can say what you like, and I can disagree with it--which I do, as I am entitled to do, unless YOU want to change the rules of the forum. I don't see that that comment was talking down to the rest of the band or to the fans in any way. Or did you not notice that "everybody's got to eat" is just a common phrase meaning everybody's entitled to earn a living? (Which, obviously, would include himself.)

I'm sorry, but you seem to be not only reading meanings into HIS comments that aren't there, but now you're imagining meanings in MY comments. Where the hell did what I said suggest I wanted to change the rules of the forum, or that other people weren't allowed to state their views??

(But you did say that PLANT isn't allowed to state HIS views: People, just stop talking to him at all, he's got NOTHING new to say in addition to blasting "cock rock" and promoting his Raising Sand 2.)

Someone at the bar claims to have heard him make a comment about Radiohead. Don't think that's exactly the most reliable source. Not to mention Robert has and is very supportive of younger rock bands - he frequently pulls up and coming artists to open for him on tour.

i agree with robert on this - i cant for the life of me see why radiohead are such a big success

i agree with robert on this - i cant for the life of me see why radiohead are such a big success

I thought I read somewhere he actually does like the band (which I can see why) so perhaps either the comment was taken out of context or maybe he wanted to hear something different at that moment.

I just don't like how people say the three J's "have his blessing" as though they NEED him and his permission to tour and/or make an album uness it's called Led Zeppelin which it won't be. I will be buying the three J's album however and (unless fate is cruel to me) be seeing them on tour even if I have to drive or crawl across the country to see them.

I just don't like how people say the three J's "have his blessing" as though they NEED him and his permission to tour and/or make an album uness it's called Led Zeppelin which it won't be. I will be buying the three J's album however and (unless fate is cruel to me) be seeing them on tour even if I have to drive or crawl across the country to see them.

I don't think the point is saying they need Robert to give them their blessing to move forward, but more just commenting on him wishing them well. Nothing further to it than that.

HE didn't say that, in other words! All he's ever said is that he wishes them well and that they have every right to go out and ply their trade (as he is going to do).

(I realize you personally weren't suggesting he'd said that, btw.)

Gee-zus....It just makes me wonder if anyone has a sense of humor! Everyone's got to eat is a relatively common phrase. It sure seems to me like at least a third of the people on the board don't get anything said in jest, especially if said by Robert. Plant can push people's buttons without even trying! Lighten up all, everyone is doing their own thing and everyone is happy about it. :)

Gee-zus....It just makes me wonder if anyone has a sense of humor! Everyone's got to eat is a relatively common phrase. It sure seems to me like at least a third of the people on the board don't get anything said in jest, especially if said by Robert. Plant can push people's buttons without even trying! Lighten up all, everyone is doing their own thing and everyone is happy about it. :)

:yesnod: :yesnod:

Guess it's obvious I'm smitten by Robert Plant. :rolleyes:

But I do think the comment is not polite, whether intended as a dry humour or not.

We all know those 3 are battling odds at the moment, without their ace on board. And we all know it was Page who wanted a band reunion from the getgo. Hope even Page is not paying attention to the remark. But they know each other better it maybe something normal no big deal between them.

I am just glad everyone's active in the entertainment biz. We all know we are in dire need of these young men to show 'em how music is done.

Just that the connotation seemed (to me) like the others were in dire need of income......who knows maybe they are! LOL. Kiddin. We all know they're in need a vocalist. Oh well just another day in the plantation.

Glad to know it's not gonna be Led Zeppelin. But man Page/Jones/Bonham it should be good. Just as Plant is good on his. I hope the 3 stay away from bandwagon climbers.

I do hope Robert and Allison make a little noisy bluegrass music in their next work. I found RS a little too melancholy for most part. It doesnt have to be loud just make some noise Robert.

Guess it's obvious I'm smitten by Robert Plant. :rolleyes:

But I do think the comment is not polite, whether intended as a dry humour or not.

We all know those 3 are battling odds at the moment, without their ace on board. And we all know it was Page who wanted a band reunion from the getgo. Hope even Page is not paying attention to the remark. But they know each other better it maybe something normal no big deal between them.

I am just glad everyone's active in the entertainment biz. We all know we are in dire need of these young men to show 'em how music is done.

Just that the connotation seemed (to me) like the others were in dire need of income......who knows maybe they are! LOL. Kiddin. We all know they're in need a vocalist. Oh well just another day in the plantation.

Glad to know it's not gonna be Led Zeppelin. But man Page/Jones/Bonham it should be good. Just as Plant is good on his. I hope the 3 stay away from bandwagon climbers.

I do hope Robert and Allison make a little noisy bluegrass music in their next work. I found RS a little too melancholy for most part. It doesnt have to be loud just make some noise Robert.

As well as Plant trying to be humorous, and I honestly do think he was trying to be, I think maybe something that 's being forgotten here is, his age and perspective. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to wanting Robert to be part of this project but, the more I gain some perspective of my own, I see his decision and his comments to be from a man that has gained some peace in his life and is well aware of what his craft has achieved, and where it will take him.

They don`t need plant, would be nice but they will do fine without him.Seen Jimmy 8 times live without plant and PAGE is a one man show! Seen plant`s solo shows from 83 - 2005 and Iv`e seen enough, though fate of nations was a decent album.Jonesy and Jimmy and young Bonham will give you your moneys worth if they tour.Plants voice wouldnt hold up on a major tour, he ruined it back in 73.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm only shocked people are still finding any excuse to fault Robert. Where you find the remark egotistical is beyond me.

I Seriously think it's lost in translation Nine. Nothing more

Someone at the bar claims to have heard him make a comment about Radiohead. Don't think that's exactly the most reliable source. Not to mention Robert has and is very supportive of younger rock bands - he frequently pulls up and coming artists to open for him on tour.

Sharon Little comes to mind as one...

R B)

filed on November 26th, 2008 by Press Officer

Hancock of the Birmingham Evening Mail (UK) reports a conversation he had with Robert in Bilston on November 6, 2008. Robert indicated that he would be returning to the studio in January to record a follow up to “Raising Sand”

The Evening Mail writes:

Robert Plant tries to avoid questions about his role in the proposed Led Zeppelin reunion tour - but Hancock managed to steer him in that direction at Bilston’s Robin 2 club.

Robert made a surprise on-stage appearance to mark singer Ricky Cool’s 30 years in music and confirmed to Hancock he would not be joining Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham on the road. He said it was partly because he’d be busy working on the follow-up to his awardwinning Raising Sand LP.

“In January, I’m starting to record a new album with Alison Krauss and T Bone Burnett,” he revealed, before adding “but I understand that everyone’s got to eat,” implying that the Plant-less Led Zep has his blessing.

But before he joined the Big Town Playboys on stage for a couple of bluesy numbers, he imparted one piece of significant information: “They won’t be calling it Led Zeppelin!

Robert has spoken-that is great news for those of us fans that enjoyed Raising Sand. However, Union Station members also need to eat and have young families to support. Jerry Douglas has gone on record with the Charlotte Observer regarding a fall 2009 tour with Alison Krauss and Union Station. Sounds like Alison is in for a busy year of recording and touring with her former band!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/312/story/348201.html

:cheer:

I wish Robert all the best. I can't dog the guy for doing what makes him happy. I'm sure a whole tour would be so tough on his voice. Because if they did tour, they would do it up right, and go all over the world. I just get bummed out, becasue the O2 show was so good. They sounded so tight, it blew me away. Having never seen the original Zep due to being born in '65 ( My parents weren't that hip !! ), it would be awesome to see those 4 on stage for one tour. Hell I'd go nuts if Robert went into the studio with them and recorded a new CD.

I wish Robert all the best. I can't dog the guy for doing what makes him happy. I'm sure a whole tour would be so tough on his voice. Because if they did tour, they would do it up right, and go all over the world. I just get bummed out, becasue the O2 show was so good. They sounded so tight, it blew me away. Having never seen the original Zep due to being born in '65 ( My parents weren't that hip !! ), it would be awesome to see those 4 on stage for one tour. Hell I'd go nuts if Robert went into the studio with them and recorded a new CD.

I mostly agree with this comment zoso75. If Plant isn't into it, it just isn't worth it -- for him or Led Zeppelin fans. I support that 110%.

To add to that point, I hate to say it , but Plant's poor attitude the past year has soured me so much, that I have no interest in buying or witnessing anything that he does. The Plant backers can justify it all they want, but I (and many others) feel that he has no equal when it comes to selfishness. Sad, but true. People can go on all they want about "he owes us nothing", "it is his life", etc, etc, etc, which is all VERY true comments by the way, but mark it down -- he will regret it one day. One day, it will be too late to reform one of the world's last supergroups for one last go-around. He can always look back and applaud his "honourable" stance though.

I am praying/hoping/looking forward to the three J's carrying on without him and doing spectacular. With that being said, I wish Plant and the three J's all the luck in the world on their respective projects.

I mostly agree with this comment zoso75. If Plant isn't into it, it just isn't worth it -- for him or Led Zeppelin fans. I support that 110%.

To add to that point, I hate to say it , but Plant's poor attitude the past year has soured me so much, that I have no interest in buying or witnessing anything that he does. The Plant backers can justify it all they want, but I (and many others) feel that he has no equal when it comes to selfishness. Sad, but true. People can go on all they want about "he owes us nothing", "it is his life", etc, etc, etc, which is all VERY true comments by the way, but mark it down -- he will regret it one day. One day, it will be too late to reform one of the world's last supergroups for one last go-around. He can always look back and applaud his "honourable" stance though.

I am praying/hoping/looking forward to the three J's carrying on without him and doing spectacular. With that being said, I wish Plant and the three J's all the luck in the world on their respective projects.

How is his attitude over the last year poor and why do you feel that he is being selfish?

he will regret it one day. One day, it will be too late to reform one of the world's last supergroups for one last go-around. He can always look back and applaud his "honourable" stance though.

Don't think he will. He will be happy for the 3 Js' if they can carry on and do spetacular. But no regret.

And his life is not all about one of the world's last supergroups.

• 1 month later...
How is his attitude over the last year poor and why do you feel that he is being selfish?

I won't even bother getting into his attitude, but if you read his quotes at all, it is clear that he has a chip on his shoulder.

How is Plant not being selfish????? I understand that he needs to do what makes him happy, what his heart into, etc. That is VERY true, but when you have 20 million people fighting to get into one show, then one would think that if you had an unselfish person, then he would re-group with the rest of the band for at least a handful of concerts and it probably wouldn't kill him to do so. To say Plant is not selfish defies all logic. I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan too, as I assume most are that post here, so it never makes sense when you have all these Plant lovers going on about him and defending him because of his past. I was a huge Plant fan myself, but I can't kid myself -- he is selfish. Sad, but true -- the people who justify his selfish stance are the people that tend to be unable to see any negatives with their own team, players, singers, etc regardless of the facts -- there are many people like it; it is not a bad thing, just people using their hearts more than their heads. I tend to do the reverse -- that could be a bad thing?

Say, for example, I was great at something that millions of people were literally begging me to do, but I had little interest in doing it. I would feel compelled to at least satisfy some of them, rather than none of them. Perhaps that is a bad thing on my part -- maybe it is weakness, but it would be very selfish of me not to please some people when it hardly puts me out. I really cannot understand Plant's stance, other than it is an ego thing and, at this point, extreme stubbornness. Clearly he is not a giving person -- anyone can see that. So, I guess myself and Plant are different people in that regard.

Now I need to brace myself for the rebuttals from the Plant backers who will tell me he owes us nothing, he is honourable, he is a man among men, let the past be the past, what about the legacy, etc, etc, etc. I guess we will have to agree to disagree -- I use logic and not emotion when it comes to situations. Emotion in yearning to see Led Zeppelin play, but logic in evaluating the entire situation.

Archived