Possible return to the studio in January for Robert

MHD

Plant is not selfish and he is very much a giver. He just isn't doing what YOU want him to. Boo-hoo.

Hi Knebby, long time no see.

You aint gonna change anyones mind about this you know?

Being selfish I would describe as "doing what you want, rather than considering what others would want you to do, and then doing that". Being selfish is not doing wrong, its doing what suits you, Mr Plant is guilty of that, period. It does not make him a bad person, rather it makes him a person who is true to himself, some thing we all should be, it makes him human, and I respect him for being himself and doing what he wants, even if it aint what I/we want.

You know me of old Knebby, I've slated Robert for not doing what I/we want, I was wrong, I/we would love Led Zeppelin to be back on the road again, breaking stadium records, Quad Platinum Album sales on first day of release, and being the Rock Gods that we all know that they are. But I/we know it aint gonna happen, they had their day and its now over, we all have to realise that and get over it.

Regards, Danny

PS, Happy New Year Knebby.

Hi 'glicine'

And your point is?

Regards, Danny

Oh hi Danny,

I was mostly answering that post calling Robert selfish while pushing him to do something he doesn't want to do.

Eh, have I made it clearer now?

Oh hi Danny,

I was mostly answering that post calling Robert selfish while pushing him to do something he doesn't want to do.

Eh, have I made it clearer now?

Hi 'glicine'

Yes you certainly have, as I have said before, we can all be selfish while regarding ourselves as being right. I dont have anything against what he does but I do think what he does is being selfish while at the same time he is being true to himself, theres nothing wrong with that.

Regards, Danny

That is the meaning of selfish, concerned with one's own self activity.

However,

Selflessness is the act of giving, sacrifice so to speak, in this case for the millions of fans who'd like to see the 3 J's with Robert do more music. That's what's too bad, the lack of selflessness. :(

So it is.

Hi Knebby, long time no see.

You aint gonna change anyones mind about this you know?

Being selfish I would describe as "doing what you want, rather than considering what others would want you to do, and then doing that". Being selfish is not doing wrong, its doing what suits you, Mr Plant is guilty of that, period. It does not make him a bad person, rather it makes him a person who is true to himself, some thing we all should be, it makes him human, and I respect him for being himself and doing what he wants, even if it aint what I/we want.

You know me of old Knebby, I've slated Robert for not doing what I/we want, I was wrong, I/we would love Led Zeppelin to be back on the road again, breaking stadium records, Quad Platinum Album sales on first day of release, and being the Rock Gods that we all know that they are. But I/we know it aint gonna happen, they had their day and its now over, we all have to realise that and get over it.

Regards, Danny

PS, Happy New Year Knebby.

Major brown-noser.

Major brown-noser.

Major moron

I have bee reading what you wankers have been saying for months. #$%& you AND Led Zeppelin. If there was a concern for what you think there would be something more from these aged has-been mother ^&*%ers.

What do you think of that? PISS OFF!

I won't even bother getting into his attitude, but if you read his quotes at all, it is clear that he has a chip on his shoulder.

How is Plant not being selfish????? I understand that he needs to do what makes him happy, what his heart into, etc. That is VERY true, but when you have 20 million people fighting to get into one show, then one would think that if you had an unselfish person, then he would re-group with the rest of the band for at least a handful of concerts and it probably wouldn't kill him to do so. To say Plant is not selfish defies all logic. I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan too, as I assume most are that post here, so it never makes sense when you have all these Plant lovers going on about him and defending him because of his past. I was a huge Plant fan myself, but I can't kid myself -- he is selfish. Sad, but true -- the people who justify his selfish stance are the people that tend to be unable to see any negatives with their own team, players, singers, etc regardless of the facts -- there are many people like it; it is not a bad thing, just people using their hearts more than their heads. I tend to do the reverse -- that could be a bad thing?

Say, for example, I was great at something that millions of people were literally begging me to do, but I had little interest in doing it. I would feel compelled to at least satisfy some of them, rather than none of them. Perhaps that is a bad thing on my part -- maybe it is weakness, but it would be very selfish of me not to please some people when it hardly puts me out. I really cannot understand Plant's stance, other than it is an ego thing and, at this point, extreme stubbornness. Clearly he is not a giving person -- anyone can see that. So, I guess myself and Plant are different people in that regard.

Now I need to brace myself for the rebuttals from the Plant backers who will tell me he owes us nothing, he is honourable, he is a man among men, let the past be the past, what about the legacy, etc, etc, etc. I guess we will have to agree to disagree -- I use logic and not emotion when it comes to situations. Emotion in yearning to see Led Zeppelin play, but logic in evaluating the entire situation.

I think for the last 40 years Robert has given us more than we could ever imagine. He owes us absolutely nothing and no matter how you state it, I just don't see his career choices as selfish. He's an artist - he's creative. He has to follow what moves him. If that's not Zep, I have absolutely no issue with that. I just want him to continue recording and touring for a good long time (as I feel about all of them). He's also donated his time and money to help numerous charities and local members of his community.

Can't wait to hear the follow up to Raising Sand. I'm so glad he's still moving forward with his music. That's the very attitude that made Zeppelin so great.

People who moan about Robert Plant and call him selfish are in fact...ridiculous.

They are shouting/crying/moaning because the man won't do what THEY WANT him to do. He clearly doesn't want to do it. So surely they are more selfish than he ever could be because they are annoyed that he won't do something he has no interest in doing JUST FOR THEM.

I don't see him pushing anyone else to do what they have no interest in doing.

He owes us nothing and yet he still gives. I for one agree with an earlier post about just being happy to be able to hear his stuff. :)

Archived