Record/Vinyl Collection

ledzep45

Basicaly, just post a list of your record/vinyl collection. If you have a massive collection, just post a list of your favourites :D

My collection:

Twist and shout EP-the beatles

Led zep 2(picture disc), led zep 2, led zep 4, physical graffiti and the song remains the same soundtrack (original)-led zep

double fantasy-john lennon and yoko ono

tonight, tonight, tonight (single)-genesis

the shock of lightning (single)-oasis

bookends-simon and garfunkel

amsterdam love buzz-nirvana

I inherieted most of my stuff, but I'm glad I have. I'd take vinyl over a cd any day.

Well, most of my vinyls I bought for very cheap. Lot of excellent condition (overall) for 99 cents and $2.99. Some of the others cost more which are in plastic sleeves. I'd take a CD anyday, since I don't have the turntable set up and you can't take a turntable with you.

uhm, I think I already wrote in a similar past thread ... anyway, here we go.

I'm a LZ collector so I'll focus on my led zeppelin records only.

I've about:

1000 albums

400 singles

200 cd

300 plant, page, jones (albums + cd)

200 plant (cds + 7")

350 lz related records (compilations, cover versions etc.)

from others bands I don't know, probably 1000 - 2000 albums.

here's an old picture of the albums only (it's not updated, but good enough for a snapshot)

mieialbum.jpg

uhm, I think I already wrote in a similar past thread ... anyway, here we go.

I'm a LZ collector so I'll focus on my led zeppelin records only.

I've about:

1000 albums

400 singles

200 cd

300 plant, page, jones (albums + cd)

200 plant (cds + 7")

350 lz related records (compilations, cover versions etc.)

from others bands I don't know, probably 1000 - 2000 albums.

here's an old picture of the albums only (it's not updated, but good enough for a snapshot)

mieialbum.jpg

:o WOW!

BTW, I dont know whether anyone on the forum has a copy or would like to share the info/pictures, but does anybody have an original Led Zeppelin I with the turquoise lettering?

Well, most of my vinyls I bought for very cheap. Lot of excellent condition (overall) for 99 cents and $2.99. Some of the others cost more which are in plastic sleeves. I'd take a CD anyday, since I don't have the turntable set up and you can't take a turntable with you.

I get a lot of mine for really cheap, except the collectable stuff. I got my Zeppelin first pressings off ebay for about 100 for 8 of them, then I got Coda for 20, and I still haven't found Led Zeppelin 1 with a price tag I can afford.

:o WOW!

BTW, I dont know whether anyone on the forum has a copy or would like to share the info/pictures, but does anybody have an original Led Zeppelin I with the turquoise lettering?

well, that record is not rare at all but expensive only: usually you can find a copy (or more) on ebay every week B)

I'm pretty sure that many in this forum bought one copy for a reasonable price ...

Here are some pictures from my website:

I588171turb.jpg

well, that record is not rare at all but expensive only: usually you can find a copy (or more) on ebay every week B)

I'm pretty sure that many in this forum bought one copy for a reasonable price ...

Here are some pictures from my website:

I588171turb.jpg

Nice website. I didn't realise that the turquoise lettering led zep 1 is not so rare. I had always heard (or got the impression that) it was really rare.

Edit: BTW thanks for sharing the pics :D

Nice website. I didn't realise that the turquoise lettering led zep 1 is not so rare. I had always heard (or got the impression that) it was really rare.

Edit: BTW thanks for sharing the pics :D

well we can discuss about the meaning of "rare"; personally I consider a record rare if you can see / find a copy on a 10 years basys :D or it's well known that less than 100 / 200 copies circulated: that's rare!

the turquoise is highly demanded, mostly from newbie and non Zep collectors so the price still grows more than the right one; that's a record for not more than 100£ but in near mint conditions.

Don't forget that it supposed to be the first pressing so, for sure, not a limited edition (considering the success of the band coming from US).

There are sooo many rare records from Singapore, Thailand, african countries, south american countries that are sooo hard to find ... but they rarely sell for very high prices

the first promo test pressing of the US album is rare but I've seen more copies than I've ever thought was possible ... ! and with at least two different labels ...

Itestb.jpg

Somebody drew in and corrected the timing for HMMT from 3:30 to 8:30 in that second set below.

I wonder who was responsible for the initial mistake on that ?

I didn't notice that. I wonder too who corrected it.

ive got over 20 feet of vinyl, i know this because ive measured them to build dual custom album racks with arms that will come over the tops to hold turn tables. the first prototype didnt meet expectations lol and has been scraped, phase 2 is coming along nicely with a projected finish date of spring 09. these have to be super heavy duty to hold all the weight, as im using wood for the construction. why didnt i just stick to building bird houses?

ive got over 20 feet of vinyl, i know this because ive measured them to build dual custom album racks with arms that will come over the tops to hold turn tables. the first prototype didnt meet expectations lol and has been scraped, phase 2 is coming along nicely with a projected finish date of spring 09. these have to be super heavy duty to hold all the weight, as im using wood for the construction. why didnt i just stick to building bird houses?

:lol:

I wonder who was originally responsible for the mis-timing on the label?

I didn't notice that. I wonder too who corrected it.

Ha....never realized why it was initially posted as 3:30 on the album, I know the vinyl had that listed, I'm not sure about cds. I don't have my cd booklet handy...but, here's something...

"How Many More Times" (Page, Jones, Bonham) – 8:28 (listed as 3:30 on record sleeve deliberately by Jimmy Page in order to trick radio stations into playing the song.)

:lol: touche !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zeppelin_(album)

Ha....never realized why it was initially posted as 3:30 on the album, I know the vinyl had that listed, I'm not sure about cds. I don't have my cd booklet handy...but, here's something...

"How Many More Times" (Page, Jones, Bonham) – 8:28 (listed as 3:30 on record sleeve deliberately by Jimmy Page in order to trick radio stations into playing the song.)

:lol: touche !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zeppelin_(album)

:lol:

• 2 months later...

I got some new records to day :D I got:

Good bye yellow brick road-Elton John

Selling england by the pound-genesis

foxtrot-genesis

fleetwood mac-fleetwood mac

hotel california-the eagles

tormato-yes

love over gold-dire straits

BTW on the GBYBR on side 1 and 2 someone has etched in 'Strawberry'. Would somebody be able to let me know if it is a refrence to where the album was recorded, did someone just randomly put that in or have I got an amazing collectible thing that was only on the first 100 copies of the album(:lol:)?

Thanks

I have a copy of LZ II with a gold sticker that says certified gold record. Probably one of the first pressings. Got it at a tag sale.

Lots of Zep bootlegs. I'd say around 300 total albums (not just bootlegs)

Many 12" singles, including a lot of Robert's from the 80's, The Firm's Radioactive mix. I love that version.

I'd have to really loook through it to see what rarities I have.

I think I have around 200 records or something like that.

My favorites include:

All my Zeppelin albums (bootlegs also and picture discs)

All my Grateful Dead albums

All my Beatles albums

Loaded - The Velvet Underground

Pink Moon - Nick Drake

Kinda Kinks - The Kinks (picture disc)

Rubber - The Stooges (picture disc)

Fresh Cream - Cream

:D:D:)

Archived