Record/Vinyl Collection

ledzep45

Here's the picture sleeve:

imm10075b.jpg

It's not quite the deal I thought it was. At frist I thought you had the rarest Zep item ever but it's not. Sorry!

However, the picture sleeves are pretty hard to come by.

Jahfin's right. There's nothing like looking through stacks of LP's at your local record store. Doesn't get much better than that. B):D I'm going to my local record store and favorite store, Everybody's Records, tomorrow to go look. I go all the time with my mom and it's always a blast. You don't get that kind of enjoyment by downloading music now do you! :):D

You feel like you've really accomplished something when you find something good. :yay:

Animals, Wish You Were Here, and Obscured By Clouds on vinyl.

Obscured by Clouds is like my underrated Floyd album. It's not on par with later works, but it's not anywhere near The Final Cut or Atom Heart Mother on the suck scale, either.

I have (in chronological order): Meddle, Obscured By Clouds, The Dark Side of The Moon, Whish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall. I've also got all three of David Gilmour's solo albums.

Dark Side is my baby though, I spent the most for it and I mostly keep it in the plastic sleeve. It's got both posters, the stickers AND the original paper sleeve for the vinyl. The jacket is in like, mint condition. No fading, scratching, ring wear or defects. I <3 it.

Obscured by Clouds is like my underrated Floyd album. It's not on par with later works, but it's not anywhere near The Final Cut or Atom Heart Mother on the suck scale, either.

I have (in chronological order): Meddle, Obscured By Clouds, The Dark Side of The Moon, Whish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall. I've also got all three of David Gilmour's solo albums.

Dark Side is my baby though, I spent the most for it and I mostly keep it in the plastic sleeve. It's got both posters, the stickers AND the original paper sleeve for the vinyl. The jacket is in like, mint condition. No fading, scratching, ring wear or defects. I <3 it.

How's it going "Electrophile?" It sounds to me like you are a hard core PINK FLOYD fan like myself. I love the OBSCURED BY CLOUDS soundtrack album as well as the MORE album from 1969. Have you ever heard MEDDLE, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON and THE WALL either in Vinyl/LP or 24 KT. GOLD CD by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL)? If you haven't, believe me when I tell you that you are cheating yourself out of the ultimate sound. I thought that I heard the best of these albums on both regular Vinyl/LP and CD until I heard the MFSL Vinyl/LP and 24 KT. Gold CD sound version. They sound like two different albums in two different worlds. I highly recommend MFSL, you will hear PINK FLOYD the way they were truly intended to be heard. ROCK ON!

I got a reproduction of the original Dark Side Of The Moon at a recored store once. It has the posters, and stickers but I don't kow what ou mean by paper sleeve. Was does it look like?

Yeah, Ive only listened to it maybe twice. It was actually better than I thought it would be though. I would LOVE to have DSOTM with the posters and stickers. And speaking of, have you seen it synced up with wizard of oz? Its AMAZING. You can watch the whole thing on youtube. Just make sure it's by meowcat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmCfvcfHwKA . Nothing really happens the first 4 minutes, then when she climbs on the pig sty it just blows your mind the rest of the movie, because not only does the beat of the song sync up with movements, the words sync up perfectly sometimes.

Since I'm not presently at my home I'll post the ones I can remember from my father's Vinyl collection me and my brother grew up with:

Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (1967); The Dark Side of the Moon (1973); Wish You Were Here (1975); Animals (1977); The Wall (1979)

The Police - Zenyattà Mondatta (1980)

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (1985); Alchemy (1984)

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (1974)

The Doors - the first three albums (1960s)

Queen - Innuendo (1991)

Bob Marley - Confrontation (1983)

David Bowie - Let's Dance (1983)

There are some more records that I can't remember and some others that I've never saw because my father left them in this little radio he used to work before I was born in 1986. Maybe there was some LZ records among those who knows, but the fact is I've only discovered Zeppelin in my late teenage years.

I wanted to start my own Vinyl collection for some time now but I lack the money needed for that since I'm still in college but I'm confident it will happen... someday. B)

I got a reproduction of the original Dark Side Of The Moon at a recored store once. It has the posters, and stickers but I don't kow what ou mean by paper sleeve. Was does it look like?

It's just the plain paper sleeve the vinyl came in when it was released. Mine isn't a reproduction though, this is the copy someone bought when it was released.

I have the DSOTM on LP, complete with both posters (which are on my wall), but my dad stuck the stickers on the paper sleeve years ago.

I have quite a few LPs that have their original posters/booklets - Wings, Alice Cooper, Fleetwood Mac, ELP, etc. The handy thing about my parents early marriage was that they still fit into the young demographic, buying really great records, but they never used the freebies that came with them. Now I have them and they're in perfect condition.

I have the DSOTM on LP, complete with both posters (which are on my wall), but my dad stuck the stickers on the paper sleeve years ago.

I have quite a few LPs that have their original posters/booklets - Wings, Alice Cooper, Fleetwood Mac, ELP, etc. The handy thing about my parents early marriage was that they still fit into the young demographic, buying really great records, but they never used the freebies that came with them. Now I have them and they're in perfect condition.

That's very cool. I have some of the original Beatles records I inherited from my older sister in addition to my own collection, small as it is.

That's very cool. I have some of the original Beatles records I inherited from my older sister in addition to my own collection, small as it is.

I already had the 'Blue' and 'Red' Beatles albums, but had to get the White Album myself. I think it cost something like £20. The most expensive records I ever bought were £30 each for Fleetwood Mac's White Album and Buckingham Nicks' aptly titled record, Buckingham Nicks (which I love, love, love). I got them through eil.com, so there no chance of a bargain or anything. I accidently ordered the same Heart album twice over (Little Queen), and when I got them, one was actually a promo - you can guess which one I returned :D

My dad once said that the only reason he ever bought TSRTS was because it was the closest to a 'best of' that you can get in those days. He mate was a huge Zeppelin fan, but it seemed to never rub off onto ol' Papa. Damn. I seem to have inherited a lot of Bowie, Blondie, Motown, Roxy Music, Steely Dan, ELP and Stevie Wonder records - not that I'm complaining. But then again, my parents also bought a bunch of K-Tel records, too. Not so good.

I already had the 'Blue' and 'Red' Beatles albums, but had to get the White Album myself. I think it cost something like £20. The most expensive records I ever bought were £30 each for Fleetwood Mac's White Album and Buckingham Nicks' aptly titled record, Buckingham Nicks (which I love, love, love). I got them through eil.com, so there no chance of a bargain or anything. I accidently ordered the same Heart album twice over (Little Queen), and when I got them, one was actually a promo - you can guess which one I returned :D

My dad once said that the only reason he ever bought TSRTS was because it was the closest to a 'best of' that you can get in those days. He mate was a huge Zeppelin fan, but it seemed to never rub off onto ol' Papa. Damn. I seem to have inherited a lot of Bowie, Blondie, Motown, Roxy Music, Steely Dan, ELP and Stevie Wonder records - not that I'm complaining. But then again, my parents also bought a bunch of K-Tel records, too. Not so good.

I have the first few original Beatles records but the rest of their music is on cd. The Buckingham Nicks is a good record - a mate of mine recently got it on cd (only had vinyl as well and no record player) and made a copy for me.

Funny my parents got rid of their record player and are giving me their vinyl collection :D Most of it is classical but there's some great early folk stuff in there I'm happy to have.

I have the first few original Beatles records but the rest of their music is on cd. The Buckingham Nicks is a good record - a mate of mine recently got it on cd (only had vinyl as well and no record player) and made a copy for me.

Funny my parents got rid of their record player and are giving me their vinyl collection :D Most of it is classical but there's some great early folk stuff in there I'm happy to have.

It's a shame that it's not available on CD commerically, I'd love to have it 'properly'. My favourite song of their's has always been Long Distance Winner. Shock, I know...

:D

I had to buy a record player that can be plugged into my Hi-Fi via an auxiliary port. It cost £50, but I suppose it's a good quality deck, and I can use it on another Hi-Fi when the old one packs up.

It's a shame that it's not available on CD commerically, I'd love to have it 'properly'. My favourite song of their's has always been Long Distance Winner. Shock, I know...

:D

I had to buy a record player that can be plugged into my Hi-Fi via an auxiliary port. It cost £50, but I suppose it's a good quality deck, and I can use it on another Hi-Fi when the old one packs up.

:slapface: I never made the connection :D That's my favourite song too!

I have a great turntable. It's about 20 years old but still works great. My CD player on the other hand.... <_<

It's just the plain paper sleeve the vinyl came in when it was released. Mine isn't a reproduction though, this is the copy someone bought when it was released.

Oh, I thought you meant with something like ITTOD.

Archived