Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Laughter

Greatest Epic.

Greatest Epic  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Epic

• Stairway to Heaven
    • No Quarter
    • In The Light
    • Achilles Last Stand
    • Carouselambra
    • Kashmir

I voted for Kashmir, but I think Dazed and Confused and In My Time of Dying should have been on the poll as well.

Edited by WChrisMullen

The Rain Song seemed not an adventurer's tale to me more than a lover's gushing of.. well.. love.

The No Quarter is an adventurer's tale?

Well, I'd say ALS because I just did a cover of it and it's been in my mind alot lately. If Rain Song was an option, I'd definitely pick it.

Achilles last stand. That song is just something else, its just the perfect rock song ever.

No matter what the best is,STH is most epic,i don't care if you hate it,it has the sound of epicness about it,love it or hate it,it's just epic.

+1

+2....an epic song to me is one that defines the band. No other song in their catalog is associated with Zeppelin more than "Stairway". Come on, it was THE most requested song on FM radio in the day!

You Had To include IMTOD, but yet i choose Tea for One.

Tea for one isn't epic. A great blues, yes... but not is epic.

Since I've Been Loving You could have been added.

Maybe The Rain Song too.

I do agree... The Rain Song is epic

Since I've Been Loving You could have been added.

Maybe The Rain Song too.

Well, the options for epic song could have been expanded to include How Many More Times, The Battle of Evermore, Dazed and Confused, and Since I've Been Loving You. Having said that, I think they are all epic, and each appeals to a specific mood. As for the moment, the songs that most speak to me would be The Battle of Evermore and Achilles Last Stand, so I will have to go with Achilles Last Stand since it is the only poll option of my two current epic faves. Hey OID!

Edited by The Dark Lord

Caroulselambra. The way each section moves to the next is just amazing. Musically it is a masterfully arranged piece. Lyrically it is extremely underrated in my eyes as Plant really delves deep into what it was to be Led Zeppelin.

All are good choices however :)

Caroulselambra. The way each section moves to the next is just amazing. Musically it is a masterfully arranged piece. Lyrically it is extremely underrated in my eyes as Plant really delves deep into what it was to be Led Zeppelin.

All are good choices however :)

I voted Kashmir.

I just looked up the lyrics to Carousleambra....WTH is that all about??!! I couldn't make heads or tails of what it's about! :ahhh:

Stairway but I really think it should be Dazed and Confused (the 25 minute HTWWW version).

I do as well.

What classes as "epic" then? Is it just length, or subject matter too?

My first thought was actually In My Time Of Dying...which isn't on the poll *cries*

So, I guess I'm gonna trump for that old classic Stairway...I just love the way it builds up gradually verse by verse, then the solo, then the goddamn heavy metal bit that you can rock the hell out to. Gotta love it. :D

I had to go Stairway - epic on the album - ultra epic live in terms of its execution and arrangement on the twin neck EDS-1275

It's hard to think of a Led Zep song that is not epic though.

Kashmir Their definitive song but ALS is inching closer as the years go by

Edited by ksgemini