why is robert not interested in a tour

c mac

As I said before, I don't mind criticism. People doesn't necessarily like everything the musicians do. I like a lot of things Robert has done, some not. That's just natural.

But somethings said about him and Alison Krauss here in the forum is faaaaaaar beyond criticism. I'd say you're lucky if you have never seen them.

And I will add it is a shame when my friends and I are trying to enjoy our pre-concert beverage post-Sharon, pre-RPAK, and hear comments directed at Alison so disturbing we end up debating on should we alert security, would those idiots try to hurt someone, OMG those two are in the third row :o , etc. It really isn't fair to other fans, much less the artists. It wasn't fair to me, to my friends, and to the other fans that heard the comments and became concerned. And since the inappropriate comments were coming from two guys wearing LZ shirts, it really is not fair to all the nice LZ fans that would never behave in such a disrespectful manner at a concert.

To be fair there has also been tons of threads stating that Robert is the only relevant member of Led Zeppelin also. Since he is the only one who is working outside the frame of Zeppelin and is not trying to relive his past. I feel these types of replies and threads are just as annoying as a Plant basher. It's the internet, you can't curtail what you feel is disrespectful. Unless you want to go the highbob route as mrZ calls it highbob hysteria, and lose all sense of reality. Which to be honest seems like some of you would welcome. I for one don't.

I don't object to criticism and differences in opinion. It's the level of nastiness that has occurred which I find pointless. As Aqua mentioned, many of those threads have been deleted.

To be fair there has also been tons of threads stating that Robert is the only relevant member of Led Zeppelin also. Since he is the only one who is working outside the frame of Zeppelin and is not trying to relive his past. I feel these types of replies and threads are just as annoying as a Plant basher. It's the internet, you can't curtail what you feel is disrespectful. Unless you want to go the highbob route as mrZ calls it highbob hysteria, and lose all sense of reality. Which to be honest seems like some of you would welcome. I for one don't.

The point, surely, is that when a person claims to be a Led Zeppelin fan and at the same time makes viciously disparaging comments about its singer (not just his career choices, but his voice, his talent, his character, etc.), this leaves open the question of how much of a real fan the person was to begin with. I don't see any hysteria here, nor any loss of reality, except on the part of those still debating the setlist of the nonexistent tour.

The point, surely, is that when a person claims to be a Led Zeppelin fan and at the same time makes viciously disparaging comments about its singer (not just his career choices, but his voice, his talent, his character, etc.), this leaves open the question of how much of a real fan the person was to begin with. I don't see any hysteria here, nor any loss of reality, except on the part of those still debating the setlist of the nonexistent tour.

So you both are in agreement is what you are saying? It's the internet. You cannot confirm someones intention or level of sincerity. I believe this is the same point made only from a different set of glasses.

To Kentucky Girl...

Last night I went to Walmart. 4 young black people almost killed my 73 year old mother while parking there car in a handicap spot. Of course none of them were handicapped. When I went to confront them in a fit of rage over there behaviour, I noticed they were intoxicated. I told them they should be more careful in the future, and someone could be seriously hurt with actions like there's. The reply was....ioubama is the president now...It's a free world...ioubama! At this point I realized what type of person I was dealing with, and went on with my Walmart shopping. Point? Rude people suck. We deal with them everyday. On behalf of all civilized Led Zeppelin fans who do not care for RS, I apologise for the 2 morons in the Led Zeppelin tee shirts.

So you both are in agreement is what you are saying? It's the internet. You cannot confirm someones intention or level of sincerity. I believe this is the same point made only from a different set of glasses.

I'm confused now. :blink: (This happens a lot.) In agreement with . . . ? If you mean do I agree that people can disagree about stuff, then sure--of course.

My point was just that when people say that they're a huge Zeppelin fan AND that Plant is an untalented egotistical selfish has-been moron who'd be nothing without Jimmy Page, there's a logical disconnect.

Plus, it's possible to disagree about stuff and still be respectful to all parties involved.

So possibly we're agreeing here? Or is this another ball of confusion? :D

I'm confused now. :blink: (This happens a lot.) In agreement with . . . ? If you mean do I agree that people can disagree about stuff, then sure--of course.

My point was just that when people say that they're a huge Zeppelin fan AND that Plant is an untalented egotistical selfish has-been moron who'd be nothing without Jimmy Page, there's a logical disconnect.

Plus, it's possible to disagree about stuff and still be respectful to all parties involved.

So possibly we're agreeing here? Or is this another ball of confusion? :D

WE confuse each other a lot huh? lol...In the end it seems we can always agree, disagree, or move on without one pitching a fit about the others opinion. So I think between the two of us, we have mastered the art of debate on a forum. Until next time. :D

OK. I guess you dont see the importance of this post? ROBERT PLANT WALKED INTO A FUCKING RECORD STORE IN NASHVILLE SEVERAL TIMES.. HERE IS SOME INFO ABOUT IT.

:wakeup::wakeup:

Your friend in Nashville needs to respect the privacy of our International guest (and apparently his customer) and keep his mouth shut.

OK. I guess you dont see the importance of this post? ROBERT PLANT WALKED INTO A FUCKING RECORD STORE IN NASHVILLE SEVERAL TIMES.. HERE IS SOME INFO ABOUT IT.

:wakeup::wakeup:

There have been sightings of him around Nashville. I think it's not that surprising given the fact he's working there right now.

Well there is some real inside info for this board. Do with it what you shall. But I just did you a big favor and posted this. Now you know what you did not know before. I am certain of this. This is correct info and the truth. This is not spats. This is true and accurate info. That I dont know why my friend would even want to share? Perhps out of loyalty to us Zepp lovers.

Maybe Robert Plant encouraged him.

Well there is some real inside info for this board. Do with it what you shall. But I just did you a big favor and posted this. Now you know what you did not know before. I am certain of this. This is correct info and the truth. This is not spats. This is true and accurate info. That I dont know why my friend would even want to share? Perhps out of loyalty to us Zepp lovers.

Bollocks. Robert's been in Nashville since January 12th, its not news to many people, and it really isn't a shock since he's talked about returning there in January for ages now.

Got anything more? :rolleyes:

Why people feel such a need to continually criticise the Manic Nirvana website and the lady who runs it is beyond me. It's her damned site and she can run it however the helll she wants to.

I think this is worth remembering... This is NOT a RP/AK official site. It really shouldn't be expected that all Zep fans appreciate the sort of music found on Raising Sand, or to be supportive of Robert's current career just because he was the former Zep singer.

Just my two cents. Also, for what it's worth, I wish the former Zep members the best in whatever they decide to do with their future. It would be somewhat interesting to hear some new material from the guys, but I'm not exactly gonna die if they don't do it. They've given us enough over the years to keep me happy... though I would like to see an official O2 DVD at some point in the future. B)

Duh, we all know that. Isn't this the Post-Zeppelin Forum anyways where we can talk about their projects aside from Zeppelin? Besides, where has anyone said you HAVE to like Raising Sand or any of Robert's solo projects? The point of it is, don't knock something until you try it and hey if you don't like it, that is perfectly fine. It is just so much unecessary negativity has been thrown his way just because he's not interested in reuniting with his former bandmates and that is just wrong, IMO.

Duh, we all know that. Isn't this the Post-Zeppelin Forum anyways where we can talk about their projects aside from Zeppelin? Besides, where has anyone said you HAVE to like Raising Sand or any of Robert's solo projects? The point of it is, don't knock something until you try it and hey if you don't like it, that is perfectly fine. It is just so much unecessary negativity has been thrown his way just because he's not interested in reuniting with his former bandmates and that is just wrong, IMO.

Well Melanie, it looks like you misunderstood my point. I wasn't implying that anyone was off topic. My point was, this being the official Led Zeppelin website (no matter what sub forum this particular thread appears in), it's really not a big surprise to see a few posters here who are upset with Robert right now. In fact, I do agree that overly negative comments against Robert are not necessary. On the other hand, I understand why some people are upset with Robert's decision (being that this IS the Led Zep official site). You guys can say what you want, but i've seen some of you weigh down pretty hard on other members who post their disappointment with Robert in a fairly constructive and mature way. As somebody else mentioned a page or two ago in this discussion, all of the defensiveness displayed by some of you is equally annoying.

Well Melanie, it looks like you misunderstood my point. I wasn't implying that anyone was off topic. My point was, this being the official Led Zeppelin website (no matter what sub forum this particular thread appears in), it's really not a big surprise to see a few posters here who are upset with Robert right now. In fact, I do agree that overly negative comments against Robert are not necessary. On the other hand, I understand why some people are upset with Robert's decision (being that this IS the Led Zep official site). You guys can say what you want, but i've seen some of you weigh down pretty hard on other members who post their disappointment with Robert in a fairly constructive and mature way. As somebody else mentioned a page or two ago in this discussion, all of the defensiveness displayed by some of you is equally annoying.

No I didn't misunderstand you and I know this is their official board. But hey we do agree that some of the overly negative comments are unecessary. However, when folks say they don't like something in a mature way, I understand that and I don't come down harshly on them, it is just the nasty harsh stuff that has been said I feel is unecessary is when I take offense. Some of you get defensive when we support Robert no matter what he does, so I guess we will just agree to disagree on that.

I can't offhand recall too many places where someone mentioned they didn't care for Raising Sand or any of Robert's solo work without unnecessary attacks and they were lambasted for saying so. I have absolutely no issue if any of his work isn't someone's cuppa. But I can't get how some can be so nasty in their comments because he's made choices they aren't happy about.

I love Zep and I do wholeheartedly support what the remaining members are doing on their own. I don't think it's being blind, I think they are incredibly talented musicians who have proven together, or apart, they can make great music. If that makes me some sort of apologist or whatever people want to say, so be it. I wear the title proud.

Why people feel such a need to continually criticise the Manic Nirvana website and the lady who runs it is beyond me. It's her damned site and she can run it however the helll she wants to.

This would be my issue. I realize it is her site, and she can rule it as such. I do criticise the forum continually because I cannot fathom thinking of Roberts musical career acting as if Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page never existed. Not only that, but she clearly states that if you think Page and Zeppelin where the best of times in Roberts career, you are misinformed. What makes it worse is, they (Jimmy and Zeppelin) are banned from conversation. That being said, you are correct, it is her site, and she can do what she wants, does not mean I have to agree. And yes, it bothers me enough to criticise the site as much as possible. I can't stand it.

This would be my issue. I realize it is her site, and she can rule it as such. I do criticise the forum continually because I cannot fathom thinking of Roberts musical career acting as if Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page never existed. Not only that, but she clearly states that if you think Page and Zeppelin where the best of times in Roberts career, you are misinformed. What makes it worse is, they (Jimmy and Zeppelin) are banned from conversation. That being said, you are correct, it is her site, and she can do what she wants, does not mean I have to agree. And yes, it bothers me enough to criticise the site as much as possible. I can't stand it.

The beauty of the internet is there is lots of choice so if that particular forum isn't to your liking, plenty of others that will be. I still don't see any need to bash it even if you don't agree with how it's set up. You don't have to read it or participate.

Archived