greatest non zeppelin album

caroselambra~

what's the first album that comes into your mind (non zeppelin) as being your favourite

I wouldn't even name a Led Zeppelin album as my most favorite, something which is always changing anyway but one of my favorites at this very moment would be:

rem_3.jpg

Love the Stooges, or more specifically the "Funhouse' album.

That album just transcends being a fan of theirs, it's truly just one of the greatest rock & roll albums ever.

From "Down On The Street", "Loose", "TV Eye", "LA Blues", to the title track, it's just filthy bliss.

"The Stooges" & "Raw Power" are great albums but they almost suck in comparison, thats how good "Funhouse" is.

That album just transcends being a fan of theirs, it's truly just one of the greatest rock & roll albums ever.

From "Down On The Street", "Loose", "TV Eye", "LA Blues", to the title track, it's just filthy bliss.

"The Stooges" & "Raw Power" are great albums but they almost suck in comparison, thats how good "Funhouse" is.

I couldn't agree more if I tried. B)

I rate them in this order:

Fun House

The Stooges

Raw Power (a distant third)

And I might have liked Raw Power even better than I do, but both versions of the album sound horrible. Bowie's mix sounds as if it were recorded underwater, and Iggy's version is like an ice pick in both ears. Too bad.

Besides, I'm more of a Ron Asheton fan than one of James Williamson, though he IS good.

I absolutely love both The Stooges and Fun House! Raw Powar is raw power, great album too.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to say my top 10 favorite non Zeppelin albums would have to be:

Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd

Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

The White Album - The Beatles

Exile on Main St. - The Rolling Stones

L.A. Woman - The Doors

Five Leaves Left - Nick Drake

Bryter Layter - Nick Drake

Pink Moon - Nick Drake

Tommy - The Who

B)

what's the first album that comes into your mind (non zeppelin) as being your favourite

Khaled: Ya-Rayi, which came out in 2004.

Edit. Although I love Ya-Rayi I'm not too well acquainted with eastern (or east meets west) type of music, so if someone can give me suggestions of other such great albums, that would really make my day.

Archived