greatest non zeppelin album

caroselambra~

Here's another reason why..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa3HIuJdXxI...feature=related

Who's Next is the greatest rock album ever recorded, I just wish they made it a double album like Pete originally intended it to be.

Regards;

Is Who's Next still the only album ever given a perfect rating by Rolling Stone magazine back when RS had substance?

Is Who's Next still the only album ever given a perfect rating by Rolling Stone magazine back when RS had substance?

Rolling Stone once had substance? I thought everyone here hated it because they slammed Zeppelin in their early days like they're the only band that ever mattered or something.

• 4 weeks later...
Rolling Stone once had substance? I thought everyone here hated it because they slammed Zeppelin in their early days like they're the only band that ever mattered or something.

I have no interest in them post Brian Jones. He made them interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
Good choice. I couldn't pick a favorite album if I tried. Too many to choose from!

Usually I can't pick a fave anything but I have 3-4 albums that are definitely "can't live without". Often because it coincides with a special event or time, that's part of what makes the Muddy album so dear to me. But yeah the music is just part of it for me, maybe my answer should be stricken from the record :). However I was and am still knocked out by that Muddy album, it's sounds pretty trippy after many libations with the wireless headphones blasting on 10.

Usually I can't pick a fave anything but I have 3-4 albums that are definitely "can't live without". Often because it coincides with a special event or time, that's part of what makes the Muddy album so dear to me. But yeah the music is just part of it for me, maybe my answer should be stricken from the record :). However I was and am still knocked out by that Muddy album, it's sounds pretty trippy after many libations with the wireless headphones blasting on 10.

I hear you and I have those albums too - they may not necessarily be my favorites in the overall "musical" sense but they are connected to different times in my life which have a lot of meaning. I suppose I could probably come up with about 10 or so that would be in my desert island list but it'd take a while.

dark side of the moon

paranoid

one more from the road lynyrd skynyrd

metallica - the black album

guns n roses - appetite. there were many many great songs on that one album!

van halen - the one with runnin with the devil.

yeah, i could name alot of others, but dark side stands out far above all others. the only exception for me is zep I, II, IV, but not in this survey.

Holy crap, never seen a thread like this before!!

But anywho, just to name a few...

Master of Puppets ~ Metallica

Toys In the Attic ~ Aerosmith

Sublime ~ Sublime

Paranoid ~ Black Sabbath

Appetite for Destruction ~ Guns N Roses

Back in Black ~ AC/DC

Abbey Road ~ The Beatles

Indestructible ~ Disturbed

Are You Experienced? ~ The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Van Halen ~ Van Halen

I just played the 5.1 Dolby surround version of Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon with my home stereo setup. It was scary how epic it was. I have a really good Sub woofer and you don't notice it until Rick Wright hits a very low bass note on the key boards and the entire house just fucking shakes. I was almsot done with it and The GF came home and killed the fucking mood.

The Kiln House by Fleetwood Mac is good, and is in my top ten.

Some more of my favorite non - Zeppelin albums:

Fun House

The Velvet Underground

Black And Blue

The Doors

Blonde On Blonde

Electric Ladyland

On The Beach

Welcome To My Nightmare

Kind Of Blue

Shake Your Moneymaker

Tonight's The Night

Live At The Regal

American Beauty

Live At Leeds

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

:)B)

Some more of my favorite non - Zeppelin albums:

Fun House

The Velvet Underground

Black And Blue

The Doors

Blonde On Blonde

Electric Ladyland

On The Beach

Welcome To My Nightmare

Kind Of Blue

Shake Your Moneymaker

Tonight's The Night

Live At The Regal

American Beauty

Live At Leeds

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

:)B)

Velvets!!!! :thumbsup:

I always liked the song "Heroin", amazing lyrics, and one of the greatest anti-drug songs of all time.

The live version of it is really intense. I love pretty much all they did from White Light/White Heat to The Gift, Femme Fatal, Pale Blue Eyes, Lady Godiva's Operation, Rock and Roll, etc.

Good stuff man. :D I love Neil

So do I.

What a run he had:

Everybody Knows this is Nowhere

After the Gold Rush

Harvest

On the Beach

Tonight's the Night

Zuma

American Stars & Bars

Comes A Time

Rust Never Sleeps

Live Rust

This doesn't even include all of his recent archive projects and bootlegs, like "Chrome Dreams" & "Homegrown", all of which fit right in with this time frame.

Archived