Paul Mcartney's thoughts on the matter

pinky

Who's the apologist? Not clear

I'm not an apologist. I do think her voice is amazing. I saw them in London in May, and again in Dallas in July and both times she looked uncomfortable and stiff. So no, she didn't have any stage presence.

That's unfortunate. She has a beautiful voice.

Same ole same ole. I think Robert should follow his heart.

People forget that Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones had worked together during session work prior to Led Zeppelin's formation.

You're wrong. Most people here are Zeppelin geeks (raising my own hand), and know what members of the band were doing on an hour to hour, day to day basis. This includes trying to name every single session Jimmy Page has played on. It's borderline freaky.

Welcome to the forum.

without plant they will not be calling themselves led zeppelin.i'd like to see plant sing again with them again of course,but if they go out as having the 02 show as their last gig together,what better way could you go out?i hope plant makes more albums in the realm he has een singing in all his career,i

would just freak out if he kept up singing in the krauss style.what's next?duets with cher,barbra streisand or amy winehouse?

Yes, I know they won't call it Led Zeppelin. That's proper.

The O2 wouldn't be a bad note for Zep to go out on. I'm hoping there's more to come from Page and Jones, along with Jason, though.

Personally, I hope Plant doesn't sing with them any time soon. People seem to think he's the only ex-member of Zeppelin allowed to perform in public, that somehow the others will "tarnish the legacy" or some such tripe. I hope they come out and kick ass without Plant, just to put that double standard to rest. It would mean more music for everyone!

Hey - Streisand has one of the greatest voices of all time, and remains the biggest selling female artist. (Alison Krauss has won more Grammies, though.) Her style may not be your cup of tea, but she'd have taken the young Plant back to schoolin' in vocal performance without breaking a sweat, and retains more of her range today. It would be an interesting mash up! I don't think Plant would come close to absorbing her light.

Speaking of...

agreed. alison onstage with union station is a formidable stage presence...

robert just naturally absorbs all the light in the room. one of the greats.

the only person to go toe to toe onstage with robert plant (and win): jimmy page.

i wonder how he feels about that?

nevermind.....

:D

Ooh, entering dangerous waters there, friend...

Jones did it too, if you like your brilliance without fuss and bother.

We may make certain deductions from Plant's reluctance to share a stage with the two of them together again. (Though some would have you believe it's for those pikers' own good, you know... )

You're wrong. Most people here are Zeppelin geeks (raising my own hand), and know what members of the band were doing on an hour to hour, day to day basis. This includes trying to name every single session Jimmy Page has played on. It's borderline freaky.

Welcome to the forum.

:D It does bother me that we will probably never know all those sessions..

Yes, welcome. :wave:

What people keep doing is valuing everything since Zeppelin more highly than what went before or what was produced during the Zeppelin years, as though novelty is more important than timelessness.

Why were you and all those other people so mad with him and calling him every name under the sun when he said he wasn't going to, then? :huh:

Well, haven't we already know? There will always be some people being mad at him and calling him all kinds of names no matter what he does.

Whatever :rolleyes: .

No one that I can see has ever felt Robert was the only one who would perform - I think we've all been desperately waiting for Jimmy to come around. It's been far too long and I know I am very excited at the thought of him returning to the stage and very much looking forward to what it will be about.

No one that I can see has ever felt Robert was the only one who would perform - I think we've all been desperately waiting for Jimmy to come around. It's been far too long and I know I am very excited at the thought of him returning to the stage and very much looking forward to what it will be about.

Right on Nine. I'll bet I've seen Jimmy Page live more times than most of the people bitching and complaining and accusing me and others of only allowing Robert to carry on his career - I personally cannot WAIT to see Jimmy live again and have been hoping for it for a very, VERY long time.

ahem...Back to the topic.. I read a Paul McCartney Lashes Out at Jimmy Page article/ blurb last week, and I highly doubt he was as ticked/miffed/upset at Jimmy as the press made it sound. McCartney never lashed out at much in his life, except for the environment and and animal rights. Get real.

Yes, I know they won't call it Led Zeppelin. That's proper.

The O2 wouldn't be a bad note for Zep to go out on. I'm hoping there's more to come from Page and Jones, along with Jason, though.

Personally, I hope Plant doesn't sing with them any time soon. People seem to think he's the only ex-member of Zeppelin allowed to perform in public, that somehow the others will "tarnish the legacy" or some such tripe. I hope they come out and kick ass without Plant, just to put that double standard to rest. It would mean more music for everyone!

MY POV...I don't get where that impression of a double standard comes from or how it comes to be. Robert's visibility & activity certainly hasn't precluded or does not preclude the others from doing their own thing. I know many people, including myself, would love to see some activity, whether together or separately, from the other members....the more the merrier I say! B)

The legacy will not be destroyed regardless of who is doing what.......and that's my .01 thought of the moment. :)

Paul McCartney really should be more in the know about Page's intention of a new project that will combine new material with Led Zeppelin songs. He did the exact same thing with Wings and his solo career. Paul was always pining for a reunion with the Beatles when John Lennon was still alive and I thought he'd be more empathetic to Jimmy's situation.

I mean that line he threw out there " What about Planty?' It was laughable. Paul should give Robert a ring and get up to date.

Paul should give Robert a ring and get up to date.

Or, considering Robert wants nothing to do w/ Zeppelin anymore, Sir Paul should call Jimmy and go out on a date with him and get up to date on Led Zeppelin; tea for one, anyone?

Why should he? He doesn't have some sort of duty to know what's going on with the ex-members of Zeppelin or any other band. :huh:

This was an absolute non-story, which consisted of :"Macca was not aware that Plant was not a member of the JP/JPJ/JB project, and was surprised given the quality of the O2 performance." Spot the "hitting out," except what was invented by the editors. :rolleyes:

Why should he? He doesn't have some sort of duty to know what's going on with the ex-members of Zeppelin or any other band. :huh:

This was an absolute non-story, which consisted of :"Macca was not aware that Plant was not a member of the JP/JPJ/JB project, and was surprised given the quality of the O2 performance." Spot the "hitting out," except what was invented by the editors. :rolleyes:

Yeah, those wacky editors.

But I was joking- still, it would be kinda cool to see Jimmy and Sir Paul chatting about the old days in a tea room! "Jimmy, pass the biscuits, please..." "Sure, Paul. Here. We should have gotten together more often over the years but hey, let's blame it on Yoko." "Sounds good to me, Pagey!"

Or something like that... :drumz:

Yeah, those wacky editors.

But I was joking- still, it would be kinda cool to see Jimmy and Sir Paul chatting about the old days in a tea room! "Jimmy, pass the biscuits, please..." "Sure, Paul. Here. We should have gotten together more often over the years but hey, let's blame it on Yoko." "Sounds good to me, Pagey!"

Or something like that... :drumz:

Yeah, I know, I was replying to Chicago--we posted at the same time. :D

Surprised you didn't suggest they blame it on Robert, though!

Hey - Streisand has one of the greatest voices of all time, and remains the biggest selling female artist. (Alison Krauss has won more Grammies, though.) Her style may not be your cup of tea, but she'd have taken the young Plant back to schoolin' in vocal performance without breaking a sweat, and retains more of her range today. It would be an interesting mash up! I don't think Plant would come close to absorbing her light.

Speaking of...

:D

Ooh, entering dangerous waters there, friend...

Jones did it too, if you like your brilliance without fuss and bother.

We may make certain deductions from Plant's reluctance to share a stage with the two of them together again. (Though some would have you believe it's for those pikers' own good, you know... )

the waters fine.... :D

and yes, he did and i do......(i stand corrected)

Hi all,

Do yourself a favor and rent the re-make of "A Star is Born" then tell me Babs can sing, rock and roll,not the song,any R&R... :rolleyes: Nope,....

I agree, Streisand has a wonderful voice.For what it's worth.But Robert kick a lot of arse in a lot of different genre's that Babs could never touch.And he is still doing it.Babs? <_<

"Percy,get us some sandwiches!" :D

KB

I am actualy happy that he (Plant) won't tour.He was great in the early days and on albums,but his voice then got shot.I hope they will find someone who's got the right voice for Zeppelin music.

I just heard from a friend of my cousins friend who says that Axel Rose will be the new singer. They are working on an album, but it wont be out until 2020. Rock on!!!

WELL! That solves that then!

:blink:

agreed. alison onstage with union station is a formidable stage presence...

robert just naturally absorbs all the light in the room. one of the greats.

the only person to go toe to toe onstage with robert plant (and win): jimmy page.

i wonder how he feels about that?

nevermind.....

Nice post.

From what I have gathered, Robert just doesn't want to make loud music anymore which is a huge disappointment to many fans, including myself.

I hate it, but I understand it.

Robert must do what he must do.

I have to say that I am DYING to see Jimmy again.

I can't wait!

Bring it Jimmy!

Don't let that talent go to waste!

Nice post.

From what I have gathered, Robert just doesn't want to make loud music anymore which is a huge disappointment to many fans, including myself.

I hate it, but I understand it.

Robert must do what he must do.

I have to say that I am DYING to see Jimmy again.

I can't wait!

Bring it Jimmy!

Don't let that talent go to waste!

Robert never said he doesn't want to make loud music anymore. That was a quote from John Paul Jones and only his opinion.

Archived