greatest song of the 20th century

caroselambra~

It would probably depend who was asked.

If it was someone with musical expertise, it would probably not be a rock song.

My guess would be "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" from the Wizard of Oz. Or maybe "White Christmas." If it were strictly a rock song, then yes "Bohemian Rhapsody" would be very high on the list. I don't think it would be #1. STH has beaten it before many times in polls and TV shows on the subject. "Yesterday" by you know who also is way up there.

But hey, a century is a long time :D

Probably something by Igor Stravinsky.

Rite of Spring is an intensely awesome ballet.

Or maybe something by Sergei Prokofiev, or Karlheinz Stockhausen, or maybe George Gershwin.

You're probably thinking "What a smartass elitist", but no, classical compositions will always be more expressive than pop music. As much as I enjoy it.

Or maybe something by Sergei Prokofiev, or Karlheinz Stockhausen, or maybe George Gershwin.

You're probably thinking "What a smartass elitist", but no, classical compositions will always be more expressive than pop music. As much as I enjoy it.

So...you're saying, the ultimate song....Boston's More Than A Feelin' is the best song ever?

Crazy you mention this...I'm putting this version on rite now. ;) I've had it for ovr 20 years.

2.jpg

Love it, I can imagine King Crimson covering it.

In my world there are no such thing as "the greatest song of the 20th cetury". I could probably make a list of a couple of hundred songs that I think is perfect compositions and performances.

Archived