second hand organs

caroselambra~

i've just read a newspaper article - strange enough i know :)

it was about the right to use the organs of dead people without their families consent

personally i can't see anything wrong with this - as the dead person no longer needs them

i would be happy for doctors to use my liver, kidneys, eyes , etc if it helped someone else to live

what do you think, should the state be allowed to use the organs of dead people without prior consent?

just thought, maybe they do in other countries - but in the uk it's a big no no

No, they shouldn't. If someone states they don't want to be an organ donor or they have objections to being one, then their will should stand regardless of what you personally may think. I see this as no different than the issue of living wills and DNR requests. If you don't want unnecessary life-saving equipment to keep you alive in the event of your ending up in a coma or a vegetative state, then it should be honored. This is no different to me.

Well seeing as how I'd rather not die for a hospital to have another set of eyes, I'm not a donor...yet anyways :P

I don't think the government should use dead bodies as sources for organs unless they absolutely have to, then I guess go for it.

I justb think more people need to realize that there's an organ shortage, so to speak, same as there is a blood shortage.

Archived