ALTER BRIDGE Frontman: 'I Am Not Singing For LED ZEPPELIN'

At this point I doubt Jimmy has anything new left to say musically. If he did he would have by now. Since 1989 all we have if one underrated album with Coverdale, a reworking of Zep songs and one album of new music. Without Robert, it seems Jimmy is done.

At this point I doubt Jimmy has anything new left to say musically. If he did he would have by now. Since 1989 all we have if one underrated album with Coverdale, a reworking of Zep songs and one album of new music. Without Robert, it seems Jimmy is done.

I believe he does......but maybe he hasn't found that "muse" to help bring it to fruition yet. B)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite a negative perspective of a musician who's put his nuts on the line publicly for years.

You start a thread about how great Robert is and how awful it is that people come on the forum and insult him for what he's up to, and then you turn around and judge Jimmy so harshly about his musical output and career choices.

Edited by Chicago
If he doesn't find it with John Paul Jones who will he find it with at this point?

Don't know......it may be JPJ and/or someone else.......but I don't think Jimmy is done musically at all.....so all we can do is wait and hope....I'm certainly hoping to hear music from him whether it be with JPJ and Bonham, solo or with other artists. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite a negative perspective of a musician who's put his nuts on the line publicly for years.

You start a thread about how great Robert is and how awful it is that people come on the forum and insult him for what he's up to, and then you turn around and judge Jimmy so harshly about his musical output and career choices.

I don't think at all I have a negative or bad opinion about Jimmy Page. He is my all time favorite musician and what he accomplished musically will never be bettered in my view. It also seems to me that Jimmy does not want to do much professionally without Robert Plant by his side, and I find that sad. I don't think he needs Robert to make great music again if he puts his mind to it. I'd love to see Jimmy make a new album with anyone of his choosing. My previous post on the subject was only to express my disappointment that Jimmy has chosen not to have a career apart from Robert Plant, which he could and should do.

He's out.

I believe that Knebby is correct, and it was evident that he has been out since the beginning of November or so when JPJ and JP did not join Alter Bridge on stage at their show in London. This is only my impression, as I do not have any insider info, as Knebby probably does.

I believe that Knebby is correct, and it was evident that he has been out since the beginning of November or so when JPJ and JP did not join Alter Bridge on stage at their show in London. This is only my impression, as I do not have any insider info, as Knebby probably does.

Knebby feeds us by spoon in a proper manner as she should.

Not by shovel, as we want.

I've admired her etiquette in this regard since I've been a member of this forum.

I have an unconfirmed rumor from a roadie who has worked for Plant and Page, THAT JIMMY IS OUT and Robert, John Paul, and Jason are auditioning guitarists FOR A TOUR! Unconfirmed and I find it very puzzling and I hope wrong.

:hysterical: I'm hoping you don't actually believe this...

Edited by mightyzep247
I have an unconfirmed rumor from a roadie who has worked for Plant and Page, THAT JIMMY IS OUT and Robert, John Paul, and Jason are auditioning guitarists FOR A TOUR! Unconfirmed and I find it very puzzling and I hope wrong.

April Fool's Day is four months away but thanks for the laugh! B)

I thought it was kind of funny that the interviewer even said I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but and went ahead and asked the question anyway. The media is relentless.

I'm just reminded of how frustrated Robert Plant expressed that he was with media questions about a Led Zeppelin reunion when on tour with Alison Krauss. Frustrated to the point that he made an official statement on his web site to quiet it all down.

I think the interviewer asked the wrong question when he said Led Zeppelin. If the interviewer would have asked will you be singing in a new band with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bohnam this would've been a more appropriate question, but I still think we would not have got a straight answer. In fairness to Myles Kennedy that is putting him on the spot and as others have said on this post I'm guessing he would not be comfortable breaking the news if it is a yes.

The interviewer did first quickly say rehearsing, again saying with Led Zeppelin. I think it would've been interesting to hear Myles Kennedy comment on playing with the 3 J's in a rehearsal setting. That could've been done very diplomatically and could have lead to a follow up question about the future, but unfortunately again, I'm guessing Myles Kennedy is not comfortable talking about it or may have been asked not to comment by the 3 J's.

Myles Kennedy may not even know what's going on.

Also, I found it is interesting that the interviewer joked with the guitar player about maybe they want to add a second guitarist and this was so quickly dismissed. Which given the interview setting is probably not surprising. But adding another guitarist ( not this particular guitarist from Alter Bridge), or a full-time keyboardist, or two guitarist/vocalist in lieu of one single frontman vocalist all seem like interesting possibilities to me.

Anyway time will tell. I trust the judgment of the 3 J's. In the meantime the media will continue to be a pain the ass.... with some exceptions of course

Edited by boggie woogie