Led Zeppelin: That's Alright New York 2-12-75

Rock Action

Well, just when you thought you've heard it all... :blink:

I just ordered this set- by all accounts, it will turn your copies of "Flying Circus" into beer coasters. Allegedly, the true master tapes found their way into a professional recording studio and got cleaned up and mixed to perfection. Utterly amazing, from what I've heard.

You can read more about it on Underground Uprising. I'll post a review once my copy arrives.

Well, just when you thought you've heard it all... :blink:

I just ordered this set- by all accounts, it will turn your copies of "Flying Circus" into beer coasters. Allegedly, the true master tapes found their way into a professional recording studio and got cleaned up and mixed to perfection. Utterly amazing, from what I've heard.

You can read more about it on Underground Uprising. I'll post a review once my copy arrives.

Thanks for letting us know :D

And I thought it was already perfect...are the Mp3s out there yet?

Not that I'm aware of. Not yet anyway...

I always thought FC had a bit of a "metallic" sound about it, though it IS superb. I thought St. Louis 2-16 was better. Anyway, we shall see. Hearing is believing. B)

Not that I'm aware of. Not yet anyway...

I always thought FC had a bit of a "metallic" sound about it, though it IS superb. I thought St. Louis 2-16 was better. Anyway, we shall see. Hearing is believing. B)

I thought we discussed this already :D , the Bluecongog Matrix edition "Four Blocks In The Snow V.2" was EQd and that metallic sound is not present on it...or I'm just deaf :) .

I thought we discussed this already :D , the Bluecongog Matrix edition "Four Blocks In The Snow V.2" was EQd and that metallic sound is not present on it...or I'm just deaf :) .

I guess I missed that discussion, or had a brain fart.. :slapface:

Anyway, this should be interesting. I should have it in about a week or so.

I guess I missed that discussion, or had a brain fart.. :slapface:

Anyway, this should be interesting. I should have it in about a week or so.

Thanks RA. Looking forward to hearing it B)

the review actually states nothing about the "master tapes" being used, only that they took the release into the studio and cleaned it up. Sounds like they took Flying Circus itself into a studio and re-EQ'ed it for best effect, nothing more. Show me where ti states the masters were found and used............

the review actually states nothing about the "master tapes" being used, only that they took the release into the studio and cleaned it up. Sounds like they took Flying Circus itself into a studio and re-EQ'ed it for best effect, nothing more. Show me where ti states the masters were found and used............

That came from another review....not Underground Uprising. I'll post it when I have time.

On the whole, I really don't give a shit as long as it sounds as good as advertised.

Skeptics... :rolleyes:

Yeah the Bluecongo Matrix sounds better than Flying Circus. Higher quality version of one of the highest quality recordings isnt near the top of my list of LZ Bootleg wants.

(A soundboard of Seattle 75 would be)

Any yeah, overall St Louis Blues and Days Confused definitely have the best sound (good sound balance) from the 75 board shows.

Edited by EzyEric

that godfather label is just crap, there is no major upgrade i'm told :(

I tend to believe you were told wrong.

I've got several different boots of different bands by that company, and the quality is consistently excellent.

And Underground Uprising is also pretty spot-on. I have no reason to doubt that this is indeed better. :)

I tend to believe you were told wrong.

I've got several different boots of different bands by that company, and the quality is consistently excellent.

And Underground Uprising is also pretty spot-on. I have no reason to doubt that this is indeed better. :)

And Underground Uprising is also pretty spot-on.

and you trust UU ? just pitch the sale of whatever label is my 2 cents

anyway may be i'm told wrong who knows :unsure:

And Underground Uprising is also pretty spot-on.

and you trust UU ? just pitch the sale of whatever label is my 2 cents

anyway may be i'm told wrong who knows :unsure:

UU will tell you when something is worthy, they'll also tell you when something is shit, or a waste of time. They've never given bad advice as far as anything I've gotten a hold of. They don't attempt to "sell" anything, they just report the facts. They in fact state explicitly that they are not in the business of selling or locating boots, and any such requests will be deleted.

Anyway, we'll KNOW the truth when I get my copy. ;)

Edited by Rock Action

UU will tell you when something is worthy, they'll also tell you when something is shit, or a waste of time. They've never given bad advice as far as anything I've gotten a hold of. They don't attempt to "sell" anything, they just report the facts. They in fact state explicitly that they are not in the business of selling or locating boots, and any such requests will be deleted.

Anyway, we'll KNOW the truth when I get my copy. ;)

good luck and if it's good enough then thanks for torrent it :D

• 2 weeks later...

And now, folks....

I just got it, and am listening to it through the headphones as I type.

It IS a huge sonic improvement, though I can guarantee it's the same source tape. The increase in volume at the beginning of NQ is still there, though to a lesser degree. The "metallic" sound is gone, and it has a much more lively feel to it. My guess is that someone took "Flying Circus" and ran it through SoundForge, cleaning it and adding a little concert hall effect. Sound quality is better than any official recording they've made, including the "upgraded" TSRTS. Really nice.

If you already have Flying Circus and a good audio program such as SoundForge you can probably duplicate this effort. But if not, this is THEE one to have. Plus it's on professional silver discs and a nice tri-fold mini album cover with some great pics. This is more reasonable by FAR than the EVSD set too.

In short, a MUST-HAVE for those who don't have the soundboard show to begin with, or do have it but are lacking the ability to enhance it.

And now, folks....

I just got it, and am listening to it through the headphones as I type.

It IS a huge sonic improvement, though I can guarantee it's the same source tape. The increase in volume at the beginning of NQ is still there, though to a lesser degree. The "metallic" sound is gone, and it has a much more lively feel to it. My guess is that someone took "Flying Circus" and ran it through SoundForge, cleaning it and adding a little concert hall effect. Sound quality is better than any official recording they've made, including the "upgraded" TSRTS. Really nice.

If you already have Flying Circus and a good audio program such as SoundForge you can probably duplicate this effort. But if not, this is THEE one to have. Plus it's on professional silver discs and a nice tri-fold mini album cover with some great pics. This is more reasonable by FAR than the EVSD set too.

In short, a MUST-HAVE for those who don't have the soundboard show to begin with, or do have it but are lacking the ability to enhance it.

Wow it's sounds great! I already have Flying Circus but after reading this review I'm heading off to buy this one too... Thanks for the info ...

Wow it's sounds great! I already have Flying Circus but after reading this review I'm heading off to buy this one too... Thanks for the info ...

Before you spend your coin, you may wish to wait to see if someone posts it on a free trading site. Be patient, it'll get there. Now that it's out... :)

I'm just an impatient SOB myself. :lol:

Before you spend your coin, you may wish to wait to see if someone posts it on a free trading site. Be patient, it'll get there. Now that it's out... :)

I'm just an impatient SOB myself. :lol:

Me too :lol: ...I usually trade bootlegs but it's sounds so great I just can't wait to have a copy...but I think you're right I just have to relax a bit and be patient... :)