Stairway to Hell?

ALilDetective

Okay, whoever is reading this, I hope you can answer my question, but first, let me explain WHY I have this question. I might not even be the first, or the last, but I do need an answer.

On Youtube, there are many decipherings of Led Zeppelin's song "Stairway to Heaven" played backward. Well, I've heard so many that it angers me. It's amazing how they deciphered it that I just want to know:

In "Stairway to Heaven", is there a song called "Stairway to Hell" when it's played backward? If so, can you point me to a website or something similar that can show me some proof of such an answer?

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer this question.

Okay, whoever is reading this, I hope you can answer my question, but first, let me explain WHY I have this question. I might not even be the first, or the last, but I do need an answer.

On Youtube, there are many decipherings of Led Zeppelin's song "Stairway to Heaven" played backward. Well, I've heard so many that it angers me. It's amazing how they deciphered it that I just want to know:

In "Stairway to Heaven", is there a song called "Stairway to Hell" when it's played backward? If so, can you point me to a website or something similar that can show me some proof of such an answer?

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer this question.

If you play Stairway to Hell backwards it tells you to donate money to a tv preacher and to watch American Idol like its the greatest thing ever.

Hi all,

All those silly rumors are bullshit, plain and simple. Ignore them all.

Can we use that as bio fuel????? :D

There was an album many years ago called "Stairway to Heaven,Highway to Hell",perhaps that is the confusion. :lol:

KB(like to re-live the 70's,again and again,and,...)

Here's the absolute truth,no bullshit:

If you play Stairway backwards,on a cloudless Oct 31,between 11:55PM and12:03AM Nov 1,you'll hear them pledge sympathy for the devil......

B)

And if you play it at 45 rpm, you'll hear "Short & Curlies". Bump the speed up to 78, and you get "Starfucker".

And if you play it at 45 rpm, you'll hear "Short & Curlies". Bump the speed up to 78, and you get "Starfucker".

:hysterical::hysterical:

...only they could get away with a song called "Short and Curlies"

I've always wondered if Steve McQueen ever heard "Starfucker"....I bet he did,and got a kick out of it....

Here's the absolute truth,no bullshit:

If you play Stairway backwards,on a cloudless Oct 31,between 11:55PM and12:03AM Nov 1,you'll hear them pledge sympathy for the devil......

B)

Hell, now I have to wit 11 months!

Is it the same on winter solstice, or does it sing Bach chorals then?

Wow....Thanks, I think. So, as a quick recap of all these posts:

There is no song played via the backwards version of "Stairway to Heaven" and dechipherings can come from it in any form one wants.

Is this correct?

Exactly. It's what you invent in your own head and nothing else. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently the reason people think there is a satanic message is that the word 'There's' back-masks to Satan in the song, especially with the way Plant sings it. And with the fact that There's is used many times in StH, it's no surprise someone thought they heard something.

Archived