Stairway to Hell?

ALilDetective

Here's the absolute truth,no bullshit:

If you play Stairway backwards,on a cloudless Oct 31,between 11:55PM and12:03AM Nov 1,you'll hear them pledge sympathy for the devil......

B)

and stand in the middle of a pentagram and chant I summon thee 3 times

Okay, whoever is reading this, I hope you can answer my question, but first, let me explain WHY I have this question. I might not even be the first, or the last, but I do need an answer.

On Youtube, there are many decipherings of Led Zeppelin's song "Stairway to Heaven" played backward. Well, I've heard so many that it angers me. It's amazing how they deciphered it that I just want to know:

In "Stairway to Heaven", is there a song called "Stairway to Hell" when it's played backward? If so, can you point me to a website or something similar that can show me some proof of such an answer?

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer this question.

good grief...

Save yourself the trouble. There's nothing of interest to find by spinning any zep records backwards. They had the balls to say what they wanted to say without hiding it. Go listen to 'Houses of the Holy'... But gotta warn ya. BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID.

For everyone else who might not have a sense of humor... ;)

• 2 months later...
all of that is bullcrap there is no backward message in STH or any Led Zeppelin Song there all just rumours

I remember hearing all the rumors and of course the Stephen Davis book just propelled things further. One day I was cleaning my four track recorder and the thought hit me... why not play Stairway backward through this? So I did... of course, all the things you've been told are there were there...

Getting spooky now... gotta admit. So I popped in the Song Remains The Same version... what do you know... it sounds like it's there too. Damn! These Zep guys Satanized all their stuff...

Then I pulled out a boot from 1971... and it was there too! Same with 1972... 1973... 1977... 1980...

Summary... don't believe all you hear... words that sound one way forward and something Satanic backwards are just coincidence.

What really freaked me out was listening to The Rain Song backwards. It came out as Sunshine On My Shoulder...

There is no backward satanic crap in STH. Personally, when I listen to it, it freaks the shit out of me(when they make it up on YouTube). I don't have a record player, I don't know for sure. I'm gonna look for one and get STH and see if I can try to figure this out for myself... If there really is, Im probably not gonna sleep for a few days, it freaks me out so much. :blink:

There is no backward satanic crap in STH. Personally, when I listen to it, it freaks the shit out of me(when they make it up on YouTube). I don't have a record player, I don't know for sure. I'm gonna look for one and get STH and see if I can try to figure this out for myself... If there really is, Im probably not gonna sleep for a few days, it freaks me out so much. :blink:

I acidentally popped a Cd into my DVD player one night, and discovered that I could reverse it. So then I had to go get all my Cds & see if they said anything backwards. Honestly, I didn't hear much ("I wish it would snow" close to beginning of Stairway...), But I had also watched some You Tube Videos with lyrics, so I think my opinion was biased.

Edited to say that it may not work with all DVD players, but it's worth a try & the only way to really hear it for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
That's so weird - the song showed up on my Itunes shuffle and shortly after that...Stairway to Heaven. Must be some cosmic thing happening B)

THE COSMIC ENERGY! Everybody goes 'yeaaahh!' Bash!

That is weird though.. how did he come up with 'In the Summertime'? lol.

All those silly rumors are bullshit, plain and simple. Ignore them all.

absolutly right

so

if they were promoting satanism

why didn't they right directly as most of the black metal or even any ordinary rock band do

they don't need these silly cliches

because the nme of the song was meant to be

stairway to heaven

• 3 weeks later...

Ok if there is a hidden message in STH, Which I don't believe, then if you can undertand it or can hear it, doesn't that mean that you are setanic yourself? :huh: just a thought

And I have been on Youtube and there are like 5 or 6 different versions of the message, if there is a message then it would be just the one.

Plus in one of them there was a part where Robert sang "666" there is nothing in the song where the sound is repeated.

To wrap it up: it'a a load of bollocks :)

"train himself to think backwards by external means, as set forth here following. (a) Let him learn to write backwards. (B) Let him learn to walk backwards. © Let him constantly watch, if convenient, films and listen to records reversed."

- Magick in Theory and Practice....by Aleister Crowley

"Ours is the Sevenfold Path of Initiation: thou shalt transmute the base lead into the subtle Aurum Solis by rising on the Stairway of the Heavens in thy Secret Laboratorium on earth. Here is the Excellent Way! The steps of the Stairway are seven; the Laboratorium is Our Holy House of Song and Our Holy Rose Garden, which thou knowest so well. Yet to those who are vulgar, it is a secret even though they themselves possess it.")

They are also the eternal secrets of the Great Lamp of Wisdom: there is the light, and the oil, and the lamp itself.

(Comment: The Lamp of Wisdom is what guides the soul on its journey to the summit of the Great Mountain of Hermetic Attainment. The Lamp is held in the `hand' of our True Self who is represented in Tarot by "The Hermit". The Hermit holds this Lamp on high that we may comprehend the threefold nature of the Great Work to illumine our Path and make bright our ways.)

the_hermit.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi TC! Shall we go again? :lol::wave:

I don't buy into it personally. I can hear all kinds of crazy shit playing stuff backwards. I can also find highly entertaining playing The Dark Side of the Moon while watching The Wizard of Oz. ;)

The question goes to intent. Even if Page "did it", why? Have we sheep found Satanism by listening to what's arguably the most played song on radio? What has been accomplished? Nothing.

More 22IF, Paul is Dead stuff.

My point has always been that there's no shortage of occult symbology in Zeppelin. Jimmy bought Boleskin. He had astrological symbols on his costumes. He had red dragons on his pants. He never made a secret of his interests. In fact, he used suggestion of these very things to steep the image of Zeppelin in mystery.

His children attended Catholic schools.

Mick Jagger played Lucifer in Kenneth Anger's first Lucifer Rising draft.

Crowley was on the cover of Sgt Peppers.

So in the end, what? A renaissance of occultism in the late 60s early 70s that went the way of Carnaby Street clothes.

There were even more occult rumors surrounding the Stones (way before Sympathy for the Devil) than there were around Zep.

In any case--there's not much point putting Satanic messages on your albums if people only hear them if the thing is played backwards, which it wouldn't be except by accident, and then people spend years arguing about what it was they heard. I mean, how many people here made the trip to Satan's toolshed as a result of listening to Stairway backwards? (And if you did, what's your IQ? :D)

Archived