WOW - shockingly unbelievable

caroselambra~

What was that thing wrapped up? (top right) :blink:

When I was 12 or so I saw the previews of 'Blood Feast' at the drive-in and it totally freaked me out. :unsure::blink:

Last time I saw it in the 80's it was pretty funny. That and '2,000 Maniacs' :lol:

That was his freakish baby, lol. Remember, his wife had that horrible baby that looked like an alien who had that terrible skin tingling cry :)

Being quite the movie buff and amateur film maker, I can honestly say horror movies have always been my least favorite genre. Zombie movies, while rich in principle, are just silly. The Saws and the Hills Have Eyes' are some of the most laughably awful things ever made. Atleast when someone like Tarantino has nerve to show that kind of gore, it's in good fun..and front stage to good music.

Being quite the movie buff and amateur film maker, I can honestly say horror movies have always been my least favorite genre. Zombie movies, while rich in principle, are just silly. The Saws and the Hills Have Eyes' are some of the most laughably awful things ever made. Atleast when someone like Tarantino has nerve to show that kind of gore, it's in good fun..and front stage to good music.

Meh, I disagree. Saw has a pretty good plot and Jigsaw himself prioposes an interesting theory. The Hills Have Eyes were, I agree, some of the worst shit I've ever seen. Horror films these days are usually terrible, the old ones are normally much better. I prefer thrillers myself

I've seen quite a few Japanese gore fests.. "Audition" is one that comes to mind immediately.

NSFW:

And another one "Ichi the Killer"

NSFW:

Highly disturbing movies.

Dario Argento's "Suspiria" was also very disturbing too, but it had more to do with the surrealist perspective it took on.

I've seen quite a few and I can honestly say my least favorite genre of all time is anything related to Japanese horror films. They are all absolute crap.

The director of The Grudge said, I believe, that they didn't end the series at Grudge 2 because they couldn't come up with a decent way too. Not like it matters, neither film made any sense whatsoever, lacking a plot almost as much as the Abandoned did :slapface:

Meh, I disagree. Saw has a pretty good plot and Jigsaw himself prioposes an interesting theory. The Hills Have Eyes were, I agree, some of the worst shit I've ever seen. Horror films these days are usually terrible, the old ones are normally much better. I prefer thrillers myself

The best horror movies have little gore and hardly any blood. It's all about suspense..something no one wants to spend time creating anymore.

And that's why Hitchcock will always be the king. B)

The best horror movies have little gore and hardly any blood. It's all about suspense..something no one wants to spend time creating anymore.

And that's why Hitchcock will always be the king. B)

The Master! B)

ahitchcockuz4.jpg

love suspense more than gore but being young around 10 the exersist scared the crap out of me for years.

That was really scary; I forgot about that one!

Also Jaws; in terms of the suspense factor that's still one of, if not the, scariest movies I ever saw, and I still won't go out in the ocean much past knee-deep :unsure:

my youngest daughter rebecca is currently at college doing media & film - she is 19

for one of her modules (called disturbing cinema) she has to do an analysis and critique on a film called *irreversible*

i ordered it from amazon and it arrived yesterday

it is a subtitled french movie and stars monica bellucci and vincent cassel

to say i was shocked would be an understatement!

it is the most disturbing, violent and shocking film i have ever seen

just google it and you'll get a feel for what it's all about

you can forget your gory slasher movies, this is done in such a realistic way it has to be seen to be believed

amazon says this about it

Arguably, this is not a film most would subject themselves to twice, but it is something that stays in the mind for days after viewing, sparking far more ideas and emotions than most wallow-in-nastiness pictures

anyway, the point of this thread is - what's the most disturbing movie you have seen and what makes it so?

Irreversible was very good I think, but like you said, it's probably the most disturbing film I ever seen (and I've seen a lot). I feel no urge to see it again.

I love old slasher and gore movies. I purchased a great box with Argento movies a while ago, which is great. I love the Italian Horror masters as Argento, Fulci and Bava. Of course, Hitchcock and Kubrick movies are fantastic too.

That was really scary; I forgot about that one!

Also Jaws; in terms of the suspense factor that's still one of, if not the, scariest movies I ever saw, and I still won't go out in the ocean much past knee-deep :unsure:

i agree!

i often wonder how steven spielberg must feel about his *jaws* creation

three decades after the making of the film i am still wary of swimming in the sea, whatever country i'm in.

a shark might have got lost and be swimming up the english channel for all i know.

do sharks know they're not supposed to swim around uk shores? - has anyone told them this?

anyway mr spielberg has definitely ruined my enjoyment of swimming in the ocean, forever!

i agree!

i often wonder how steven spielberg must feel about his *jaws* creation

three decades after the making of the film i am still wary of swimming in the sea, whatever country i'm in.

a shark might have got lost and be swimming up the english channel for all i know.

do sharks know they're not supposed to swim around uk shores? - has anyone told them this?

anyway mr spielberg has definitely ruined my enjoyment of swimming in the ocean, forever!

You've got more chance of being hit by a car than being taken by a shark.

There is no such thing as a maneating shark, most deaths (and they are few and far between), are caused by loss of blood or drowning.

Sharks usually spit out humans because, apparently we don't taste too good to them!

Most attacks in Oz are usually mistaken identity because humans resemble seals in the way they swim etc.

I saw jaws in the '70's and it never put me off swimming or surfing the ocean.

What amazes me is when there is an "attack" a hunt is organised to kill the shark.

What a load of bollocks.

When humans swim in the sea they are entering their domain and enter at their own risk.

Crocodiles on the other hand are dangerous in both the sea and on land.

They can swim between Papua New Guinea and the Australian mainland effortlessly and they are very patient and will stalk humans from the water.

They can run at speeds of up to 40kmh over short distances.

Never sunbathe in the same spot on Northern Queensland or Territory beaches and definitely never ever fall asleep or you may end up taking an unexpected one way, swim.

Back to topic, Lake Placid was interesting.

I first saw Jaws at age 3..

I was in the ocean 20 minutes later.

And I've probably seen a dozen or so "big" sharks while in the water. The biggest, a 14ft tiger shark at Sebastian Inlet, Fla. I'd just taken a break from a solid 3 hour session and walked out on the fishing pier. And swimming between the two schools of bait fish, was..a 14ft tiger...a mere 100ft from where I'd taken off on my last wave.

I was in a school of sharks once just off a jetty. Small, sand sharks. No teeth, harmless. But there had to be 50 of them. One even flopped up onto my board.

None of my shark encounters beat my dolphin encounters though. If you're lucky, you can get within arms length and on the rare occasion, stroke their dorsel fin. I once witnessed a dolphin catapult a guy off his board. It was without a doubt one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed in my life. Poor fucker thought it was a shark and was screaming bloody murder. We fell off our boards laughing our asses off at the shoob.

Sharks usually spit out humans because, apparently we don't taste too good to them!

at this point i would imagine it's already too late - as the bit they spit out is usually quite large, making it impossible to swim to land and so the victim dies through loss of blood.

there may be no such thing as maneating sharks, but the effects of these *fussy eaters* usually has the same result.

now we're well and truly :offtopic:

Jaws hasn't kept me out of the water any more than hearing on the local news that sharks were coming close to the beach in parts of the Gulf when i was vacationing in Sanibel Island (but i stayed cautious, while in the water).

Some other movies that are more mainstream that come to mind, the first time i saw Stephen King's "The Shining" at age 14, pretty scary stuff! The Ring and The Cell were also pretty scary... as for suspence, though hardly "shocking" i love Goldie Hawn and John Heard in "Deceived". A movie i saw on tv (may have been in theatres, i'm not sure, "Trilogy of Terror" with the little man with the knife...watch your step...and i love that creature on the wing of the airplane in Twilight Zone, the movie (the one where John Lithgow has a panic attack).

Edit: and i just remembered my older cousin let me stay up when he babysat ( i was 10) and watch The Legend of Lizzie Borden with him...

When I was 7 years old I saw Dracula with Bela Lugosi, an old black & white 30's movie. It scared the shit out of me. I had to sleep with the lights on for a couple of weeks after that.

Jaws was great suspence, but hardly shocking or scary. But on the other hand I was in my teens when I watch that movie.

the first horror movie i was allowed to watch was dracula or horror of dracula as it's called in the US

made in 1958 and starring christopher lee and peter cushing

i was about ten years old and it scared the living daylights out of me

i had to sleep with the light on and the covers pulled up tight for years

thanks for that mom & dad!

we seem to have gotten way off the beaten track here

the thread started with irreversible - the most disturbing movie ever made IMO

and we've ended up with tame 1958 hammer films

this wasnt supposed to be about scary, gory movies - but about ones that display a harsh realism

i would consider reservoir dogs to be one of these

hardly any on screen violence at all - but so realistic your heart is in your mouth at various points

the closest thing to irreversible, IMO is american psycho (the novel)

i actually couldnt believe what i was reading first time round

this novel is again not a horror or slashfest but a truly disturbing read

in fact i have never read anything like it and dont think i ever will :o

truly a modern masterpiece

BUT definitely not for the squeamish!

That was his freakish baby, lol. Remember, his wife had that horrible baby that looked like an alien who had that terrible skin tingling cry :)

I'll have to try to see it again. :D

I had a button that said: 'I saw ERASERHEAD'

:lol:

Another weird one was 'Pink Flamingos'

The Egg Man is here.

:D

Archived