Why I hate Yoko Ono

mightyzep247

BTW, if you watch that Plastic Ono DVD (live in Toronto), even John looks like he wants to kill her. She hands him a piece of paper, he looks at it for two seconds, throws it down, and shoots her look of anger. Very funny to see.

P.S. Hairy nipples are gross (except on me)!! :rolleyes:

The crux of the matter is that Yoko Ono is still getting a reaction for what she did, some 37 years later, which is what it's all about. The worst thing that can happen to an artist is to be ignored. In that respect, she has achieved her goal, like it or loathe it.

RB

She developed an artistic sense of identity before she met John Lennon. She has an original thought process. Experimental, expressive activities appeal to her curiosity. She already had a highly developed independent thought process before she met him on November 9, 1966, having worked in the area of conceptual art regardless of whether her presentations were well-received or not. Her thoughts can be disturbing or controversial. She provides an element of humor, intentionally or not. Imagination and humanity are important elements in her work. Like Phil Collins, Yoko Ono is born under the air sign, Aquarius.

It's interesting that the vocal style at 2:05 in the B-52s song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhJzX0UgDMfrom the 80s resembles that of Yoko Ono. They seemed to have integrated Yoko Ono's vocal style into music more successfully than she did in her presentation with John Lennon. Rock Lobster is an engaging mixture of sounds, consonant and dissonant, more accessible to an audience, but Yoko Ono pioneered that distinctive dissonant trademark vocal. I wonder if the B-52s actually sampled Yoko Ono's vocal or simply mimicked the sound.

In a lecture at Wesleyan University, January 1966, Ono explained the inspiration behind her conceptual art: "All of my work in fields other than music have an Event bent ... event, to me, is not an assimilation of all the other arts as Happening seems to be, but an extrication from various sensory perceptions. It is not a get togetherness as most happenings are, but a dealing with oneself. Also it has no script as Happenings do, though it has something that starts it moving- the closest word for it may be a wish or hope ... After unblocking one's mind, by dispensing with visual, auditory and kinetic perception, what will come out of us? Would there be anything? I wonder. And my events are mostly spent in wonderment ... The painting method derives as far back as the time of the Second World War, when we had no food to eat, and my brother and I exchanged menus in the air."

An example of her conceptual art includes her book of instructions called Grapefruit. This book, first produced in 1964, includes surreal, Zen-like instructions that are to be completed in the mind of the reader, for example: "Hide and seek Piece: Hide until everybody goes home. Hide until everybody forgets about you. Hide until everybody dies." The book, an example of Heuristic art, was published several times, most widely distributed by Simon and Schuster in 1971, and reprinted by them again in 2000. Many of the scenarios in the book would be enacted as performance pieces throughout Ono's career and have formed the basis for her art exhibitions, including one highly publicized show at the Everson Museum in Syracuse, New York that was nearly closed by a fan riot.

Ono first met John Lennon when he visited a preview of an exhibition of Ono's at the Indica Gallery in London on November 9, 1966. Lennon's first personal encounter with Ono involved her passing him a card that read simply "Breathe". He was taken with the positivity, humour, and interactivity of her work, such as a ladder leading up to a black canvas with a spyglass on a chain allowing John to read the word "Yes" written on the canvas along with a real apple displayed with a card reading "APPLE." When John was told that the price of the apple was £200 (approximately £2300 or $4600 in 2007 money), he later reported that he thought "This is a joke, this is pretty funny". Another display was a white board with nails in it with a sign inviting visitors to hammer a nail into its surface. Since the show was not beginning until the following day, Ono refused to allow Lennon to hammer in a nail. The gallery owner whisked her away, saying, "Don't you know who that is? He's a millionaire!" (Ono later claimed not to know who John Lennon or the Beatles were, though some friends remember her being quite interested in the band and wanting to get involved with them.) Upon returning to John, she said he could hammer in a nail for five shillings. Lennon replied, "I'll give you an imaginary five shillings if you let me hammer in an imaginary nail".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoko_Ono

ono4.gif

Imagine that.

is that hair on that tit?

Jesus Christ Lennon, you could of had any woman in the world!

THAT'S NOT her tit !! Her's are ugly as sin ! They make you never wanna suck one again !!!

The tit pictured in kinda cute really.

It's not an amazon beastly hair, just a little sweet one. :lol:

Oh, I dont hate Yoko at all...I just can't stand her voice. Her other art is so subliminal. I guess there's just something to it none of seem to see. :rolleyes:

Why do people get so worked up over Yoko? It seem like a real waste of energy.

1. Contrary to what many might think, she did not break up The Beatles.

2. I've never even judged her on her singing ability. There are plenty of popular singers who can't sing.

3. For the women. Sorry John fell in love with Yoko, not you.

4. For the men. Sorry John fell in love with Yoko, not you.

5. Make a random telephone call. Say "I love you" to the person who answers.

Why do people get so worked up over Yoko? It seem like a real waste of energy.

1. Contrary to what many might think, she did not break up The Beatles.

2. I've never even judged her on her singing ability. There are plenty of popular singers who can't sing.

3. For the women. Sorry John fell in love with Yoko, not you.

4. For the men. Sorry John fell in love with Yoko, not you.

5. Make a random telephone call. Say "I love you" to the person who answers.

Did I post that? No, but I could've. JT, I agree with you on all points.

I rather hate Celine Dion than Yoko Ono. Well, her music and vocals at least..

I agree that Ono is no singer but I truly believe that she inspired Lennon to write some great songs in the 1970's and 1980!

She probably contributed to his need for the primal scream therapy which he in part showcased on his first Plastic Ono Band release.

That is some horrifying, voice wrenching stuff on that album by John.

Holy crap - isn't this film really, really rare?! I wonder when it turned up. I remember some Frank Zappa fans talking about it and debating if it actually happened.

Of course it happened...The audio of it has been available for over 35 years as part of Lennons Sometime in NY album and more recently, with Yoko lower in the mix as part of FZs playground Psychotics.

Anyone remember the instrumental jam from "Rock & Roll Circus"?

You've got this great jam with Keith Richards, John Lennon, Eric Clapton and Mitch Mitchell. Awesome.

And then Yoko opens up her yap with "aaaAAAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAaaaAAAA!!!!" Fuck. :rant:

When ever I see that, or listen to Double Fantasy, I wonder if John ever felt like this............

The crux of the matter is that Yoko Ono is still getting a reaction for what she did, some 37 years later, which is what it's all about. The worst thing that can happen to an artist is to be ignored. In that respect, she has achieved her goal, like it or loathe it.

How does that make her any different from, let's say, a novelty act like Tiny Tim? Even Madonna has made better music, despite being known for using shock tactics to stay in the limelight.

Anyone remember the instrumental jam from "Rock & Roll Circus"?

You've got this great jam with Keith Richards, John Lennon, Eric Clapton and Mitch Mitchell. Awesome.

And then Yoko opens up her yap with "aaaAAAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAaaaAAAA!!!!" Fuck. :rant:

LOL! They showed that on the local PBS station over the summer... I was like WTF?!?!?!

I was rolling hysterical on the floor. Those drugs were really kicking back in the day to even think she was pretty or had an ounce of talent. John, Man, You coulda had any woman...? :slapface:

Those drugs were really kicking back in the day to even think she was pretty or had an ounce of talent. John, Man, You coulda had any woman...?

Is that your main criteria for a relationship - someone being "pretty"? I think you'll find it goes a touch deeper than that. As for Lennon's position where he "coulda had any woman" - obviously, he did.

RB

Returning to the original subject line "Why I hate Yoko Ono": you have to bear in mind that the only people who suffer are the haters, not the hated. Posters who have expressed this emotion are the ones who are enduring the angst; Yoko Ono is more than likely oblivious to all this on the forum.

RB

Is that your main criteria for a relationship - someone being "pretty"? I think you'll find it goes a touch deeper than that. As for Lennon's position where he "coulda had any woman" - obviously, he did.

RB

Oh, did I ruffle someones feathers...?

Not a hater. Don't really pay much attention to her in the first place.

Well most people are physically attracted to the person at first. Are they not? Like a bloke would walk up to a gal and start hitting on her if she were not pretty? But I'm sure you're the exception to the rule though.

Archived