" BIGGEST REFORMATION OF 2009 "

TheZeppyWanderer

Pink Floyd again would be good. I'd go this time. What was it...years ago they played, not that one off.

When you add the 70's bands up, and look and see who has stayed together, who has died, and who already reunited the list is pretty small. :huh:

.......... :Thinking: ..........

Pink Floyd did an extensive reunion tour in 1994 sans Roger Waters. Now that Richard Wright is gone, the likelikhood falls further IMO.

Too bad Ben Orr of The Cars is dead, that would be a welcome reunion in my book. I'd like to see the 3rd incarnation of Jethro Tull together. Ian Anderson, Jeffrey Hammond Hammond, Martin Barre, John Evan and Barriemore Barlow. Of course it'd be so much better if Ian could reunite with his powerful voice again too. <_<

I can't imagine Gilmour would ever play as Pink Floyd without Wright. He never seems terribly interested in PF nowadays anyways. From what I've heard, Gilmour himself is about the only reason PF didn't keep playing after Live 8. Gilmour is to Pink Floyd as Plant is to Led Zeppelin...

But Roger "I did all the work" Waters couldn't keep his mouth shut, could he? He didn't do all the work, and (I think) Gilmore is offended on Richard Wrights behalf re: "The Wall" firing.

I'm bracing myself for all my favorite musicians to start dying. A lot of the music I call my own came out before I was born.

It's already been confirmed that The Faces are reforming so it could be them Rob Hallett's referring to, although I'm not sure that many people will be too interested - Rod Stewart solo was bigger than The Faces ever were.

It's also widely rumoured that Ray & Dave Davies have buried the hatchet enough to tour as The Kinks again.

I'd love to see a Gabriel led Genesis (again - saw the 1982 one-off) but I don't think Gabriel will do it now.

I can't think who else it could be. Bands like ELP etc come to mind but I don't know if it would be that big a deal really, certainly nothing anywhere near the Zeppelin reunion in terms of excitement from the public.

I'm bracing myself for all my favorite musicians to start dying. A lot of the music I call my own came out before I was born.

I agree- the word "bracing" is exactly how I feel, too. I grew up w/ the 70s' Giants of Rock & Roll, and I feel a punch in the gut whenever one of them dies. Rick Wright's death hit me hard. I am still amazed that Keith Richards is walking upright, but as far as I'm concerned, Rock and Roll will be dead and gone when Keith and Jimmy pass away.

Bearing in mind that promoters will say anything because that's what they do...presenting Robert Plant's hips; they've started to move again. After mirroring the demure Ms. Krauss' careful stage presence, his hips came back to life from the deep freeze and decided to tour all by themselves whether he wants to come along or not.

:lol:

:beer: Nicky Horne is at this moment interviewing Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks on Planet Rock.

He has put the question to them about this reformation rumour - they are saying that they know nothing of a Genesis reunion but are taking the position of "never say never" and "wouldn't rule anything out in the future" .

My betting money is on either The Faces or The Kinks.

The Fleetwood Mac tour has already been announced:

Sun 03/01/09 Pittsburgh, PA Mellon Arena

Tue 03/03/09 Saint Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Thu 03/05/09 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena

Sun 03/08/09 Auburn Hills, MI The Palace Of Auburn Hills

Tue 03/10/09 Washington, DC Verizon Center

Wed 03/11/09 Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden

Fri 03/13/09 Uniondale, NY Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum

Sat 03/14/09 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena

Mon 03/16/09 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena

Tue 03/17/09 Albany, NY Times Union Center

Thu 03/19/09 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena

Sat 03/21/09 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center

Tue 03/24/09 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place

Wed 03/25/09 Montreal, QC Bell Centre

Thu 03/26/09 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

...with more dates to come!

Here is a link to an article about this matter that actually work http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/uncut/news/12533

It's written that "If you were a teenage boy in the pre-punk '70s you're going to be very excited. Outside of Led Zeppelin, this is probably the biggest reformation you can hope for."

Well I guess we can only wonder who's this band is going to be.... :Thinking:

Note the emphasis on tennage --boy-- and not girl.... so Fleetwood Mac is not the answer...

The only one that I would get very excited about is Pink Floyd.

It's got to be an English band, considering the source, right....

So, outside of Zeppelin... that would be it, as The Who, The Stones and Deep Purple are already formed/reformed.

I can't think of any other English bands that would get a teenage boy of the pre-punk 70's very excited...

Note the emphasis on tennage --boy-- and not girl.... so Fleetwood Mac is not the answer...

The only one that I would get very excited about is Pink Floyd.

It's got to be an English band, considering the source, right....

So, outside of Zeppelin... that would be it, as The Who, The Stones and Deep Purple are already formed/reformed.

I can't think of any other English bands that would get a teenage boy of the pre-punk 70's very excited...

:huh: I don't know, but as a teenage boy I was pretty excited! :drool:

astevie.jpg

Archived