Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
TheZeppyWanderer

" BIGGEST REFORMATION OF 2009 "

link ....

http://www.planetrock.co.uk/021208-1html

now my first thought was ...... WTF ! Promotion people just don't talk like that nowadays.

every album that is released these days is the greatest ever. Every musician is the greatest of all time. You never hear anybody playing down their product as being in any way second best.

So - am I being over optimistic (again !) in suggesting this may be Zep-related ?

your thoughts.

link ....

http://www.planetrock.co.uk/021208-1html

now my first thought was ...... WTF ! Promotion people just don't talk like that nowadays.

every album that is released these days is the greatest ever. Every musician is the greatest of all time. You never hear anybody playing down their product as being in any way second best.

So - am I being over optimistic (again !) in suggesting this may be Zep-related ?

your thoughts.

The link doesn't work...page cannot be found...guess this is a bad omen :D (got the joke?)

:angry: dammit, you're right - link does NOT work - the station's website has been changed (I won't say improved !) so there may be gremlins.

go to planetrock.co.uk and ferret about a bit,

cheers

Bill

EDIT - Page cannot be found , hehehe , that's a good'un ! :D Oh, and it probably should be

Planetrock.com

Edited by TheZeppyWanderer

So.....who is the biggest reformation of 2009? (and that's "who" as in the question word, not "Who" as in the band). :wacko:

that's exactly what I want to know, Angel - promoter declines to name the band.

Let the speculation begin. Not that it ever stopped in the first place, of course.

I was going to suggest it's a George Michael / Andrew Ridgely reformation of Wham,

but as I'm sure everyone here will agree that would not be second to anything - ever.

That wouldn't be even 1,000th to anything. :lol:

that's exactly what I want to know, Angel - promoter declines to name the band.

Let the speculation begin. Not that it ever stopped in the first place, of course.

OK, I gotcha. In that case I will have to go with SteveAJones' pick of WHAM. ;)

NOT!

:P

Here is a link to an article about this matter that actually work http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/uncut/news/12533

It's written that "If you were a teenage boy in the pre-punk '70s you're going to be very excited. Outside of Led Zeppelin, this is probably the biggest reformation you can hope for."

Well I guess we can only wonder who's this band is going to be.... :Thinking:

I don't know how to link it, but this is what Contact Music says. A leading promoter has hinted that a high-profile rock band is set to reform in 2009. In the wake of recent stories that Led Zeppelin are to tour with or without frontman Robert Plant-promoter Rob Hallet has claimed another legendary reunion "isn't a million miles away". Speaking to BBC news he says he can not reveal the details of who the mystery band are but insisted it will please a lot of people "of a certain age". " If you were a teenage boy in the pre-punk 70's you're going to be very excited. Outside of Led Zeppelin, this is probably the biggest reformation you can hope for," he said.

Bearing in mind that promoters will say anything because that's what they do...presenting Robert Plant's hips; they've started to move again. After mirroring the demure Ms. Krauss' careful stage presence, his hips came back to life from the deep freeze and decided to tour all by themselves whether he wants to come along or not.

Edited by eternal light

Bearing in mind that promoters will say anything because that's what they do...

Yep, just like politicians. Lying sacks of shit. <_<

Next biggest to Zeppelin would have to be members of Zeppelin. I thought about other bands of the 70's. The Who, already doing it. The Stones, been doing it. Aerosmith, same, Van Halen with Roth, been done. Deep Purple has been an ongoing band, although it would be cool to see Ritchie and Jon Lord back with them for one last go around. The only band that I can think of that would be HUGE would be Pink Floyd with Gilmore, Waters and Mason, but can't EVER see that happening, especially now that Richard Wright has passed away.

Here is a link to an article about this matter that actually work http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/uncut/news/12533

It's written that "If you were a teenage boy in the pre-punk '70s you're going to be very excited. Outside of Led Zeppelin, this is probably the biggest reformation you can hope for."

Well I guess we can only wonder who's this band is going to be.... :Thinking:

my money is on Kiss. It fits the description perfectly.

Edited by MisterMcLov1n

Herman's Hermits

With Mick Taylor B)

Herman's Hermits

"Second verse,same as the first."

Maybe the original Genesis? With the nutcase singer.

Peter Gabriel was amazing,maybe flamboyant in the 70s but certainly not a "nutcase."

Edited by euro