Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
TheZeppyWanderer

" BIGGEST REFORMATION OF 2009 "

Don't know if this band has already been mentioned but how about... The Buffalo Springfield

Oooh! Oooh! I'd go!!

(Probably not them, though. :( )

Remember it's pre-punk 70's and a band second to Zep in legend and popularity. The choices will just be a few.

My bet would be Sabbath.... (with Ozzy and Bill Ward with Geezer and Tony)...

R B)

Is the Grateful Dead reforming the answer to this? They were big, in terms of touring - when Jerry Garcia was alive...

As I already said, its the Faces with Flea of the Chili Peppers on bass, its confirmed (see Peppers homepage)...enough popularity?

Flea? Are kidding me?

Went to the site...you are not kidding. I love Flea but that's going to be weird to see. The Rod and The Flea.

Edited by Wolfman

If it is Faces, than thats a joke! not only have most people over here never heard of them, but they were never even that good. Thats NOT a Big reformation!!!!!

If it is Faces, than thats a joke! not only have most people over here never heard of them, but they were never even that good. Thats NOT a Big reformation!!!!!

Sorry, but wrong on both counts.

Can't wait for this one! :D

Sorry, but wrong on both counts.

Can't wait for this one! :D

Good, lovely. The Faces may well be reforming and they may well be doing it with Flea[instead of Ronnie Lane or Tetsu Yamauchi or whoever..] but..do 'we' really think that this is the 'second only to Zep' reformation promised for 2009? Tell you what...I'll keep an eye on the size of venues they play and the ticket demand. I'm sure they'll be fine and super but -and I know this doesn't apply to you,Aquamarine-asserting that 'this is it' doesn't make it fit the description that this thread is based on. Hope you all enjoy Rod and The Lads!!

Good, lovely. The Faces may well be reforming and they may well be doing it with Flea[instead of Ronnie Lane or Tetsu Yamauchi or whoever..] but..do 'we' really think that this is the 'second only to Zep' reformation promised for 2009? Tell you what...I'll keep an eye on the size of venues they play and the ticket demand. I'm sure they'll be fine and super but -and I know this doesn't apply to you,Aquamarine-asserting that 'this is it' doesn't make it fit the description that this thread is based on. Hope you all enjoy Rod and The Lads!!

Good thing you said that :D --because what I was asserting was, yes we've heard of them, and yes they were bloody good, not that they were "the" band in question. I don't have the faintest idea who is being referred to in the thread title! (Or care much, not having been a teenage boy at the time in question.)

Good thing you said that :D --because what I was asserting was, yes we've heard of them, and yes they were bloody good, not that they were "the" band in question. I don't have the faintest idea who is being referred to in the thread title! (Or care much, not having been a teenage boy at the time in question.)

Yes, I know that's what you were asserting. I also know that you didn't imply,assert,aver,insinuate or in any way at all give anyone any reason to think that you may for a moment believe that Rodney and Co were indeed " the band in question"

On a slightly different note;it seems to me that the 'teenage boy' thing is just a bit odd.A huge,pre-punk band,with a predominantly teenage male following?Hmmm!

Despite your caveat, the fact that it was in response to my post (and commenting on the Faces' drawing power) made your point unclear. Sarcasm totally unnecessary.

However, the teenage boy part is indeed slightly odd.

As I already said, its the Faces with Flea of the Chili Peppers on bass, its confirmed (see Peppers homepage)...enough popularity?

Flea is a great bassist, plus he's short.

They'll need to call themselves The Small Faces again. :)

We better get an answer soon, because this thread is running circles around here and is just... :beat:

It better not be Roxy Music that's for sure. :(

That would be bloody wonderful.

That would be bloody wonderful.

I could handle that but I doubt that's who the thread is referring to. If it's referring to anyone :mellow:

I could handle that but I doubt that's who the thread is referring to. If it's referring to anyone :mellow:

Oh I doubt it too. Bryan has a new solo album out this year.

Oh I doubt it too. Bryan has a new solo album out this year.

Well it'll be good to hear something from him although it would be great to hear Roxy Music again :)

Im thinking DEEP PURPLE Mk III with David Coverdale (vocals), Glenn Hughes (bass, vocals) and Jon Lord (keyboards) Ritchie Blackmore (guitar).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=111897

A comment from Jon Lord...

http://jonlord.org/2009/01/06/mark-3-reuni...d-speculations/

Mark 3 reunion: Hot air and wild speculations

January 6, 2009

Jon Lord comments on press rumours that Deep Purple Mark 3 will reunite and tour with Metallica’s Lars Ulrich on drums:

It all seems like a lot of hot air and wild speculation to me.

I like Lars and what he has achieved with Metallica. He’s obviously always been very complementary in his comments about DP, and I love the story of his famous nine-years-old “baptism of fire” at our ‘73 concert in The KB Halle in Copenhagen, but if I was asked to be involved in a “Mark III” reunion - (which, by the way, I haven’t. All I ever said was that the idea had a few good points and a few not-so-good points.) - and I indeed considered that offer, I would not be able to even imagine it without the presence of Ian Paice.

By the way - I have NOT retired!

Love, and as peaceful a new year as possible, to all of you.

Jon