Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
TheZeppyWanderer

" BIGGEST REFORMATION OF 2009 "

im thinking it may be paul mcartney and ringo

Edited by jj20030

im thinking it may be paul mcartney and ringo

Actually I always thought it would be cool for them to do something with Julian and George's son. Could be interesting. I always thought Julian sounded just like John.

Edited by bonzo1026

Actually I always thought it would be cool for them to do something with Julian and George's son. Could be interesting. I always thought Julian sounded just like John.

Danhi is pretty much a George Harrison clone.

dhani_harrison_001_050708.jpg

I was nearly a teenage boy in the pre punk era.

At the time I was into the Wombles.....And Supertramp.

I have older brothers who were teenagers at that time.

I have posed to them both this very question,and they returned the same answer.

It has to be the return of ABBA!.

Edited by Gervox

The "Concert for George" finishes with a few songs that have Ringo, Paul, and Dhani on stage together. I felt this was the lowlight of a very special performance, however...

Wow, only just found this out. Wonder who they're on about as every band seems to have reunited by now.

Pink Floyd wont now Richard Wright has passed away (unless they are in tribute to him)

Possibly Deep Purple but cant see Gillan and Blackmore on stage together again (could be a

different Mark though, possibly with Coverdale and Hughes)

Black Sabbath it wont be as Heaven and Hell are busy.

The Faces are reuniting, dont knwo whether that has been 'officially' announced.

They could of course simply be talking about the fact that Jason, Jimmy and JPJ are getting together but wouldnt call that a reformation.

My money is still on Genesis with Gabriel on vocals and Collins on drums era lineup.

Possibly Deep Purple but cant see Gillan and Blackmore on stage together again (could be a

different Mark though, possibly with Coverdale and Hughes)

Blackmore has hinted he might want to join DP again, however a few months ago IG said it will never happen. Personally I would very much want them to join forces for greater good, to once again form the monster of individual contribution. Jon Lord would have to come back too, of course.

well since its been anounced that BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN and the E street band will be doing the half time of the superbowl my guess is them.

well since its been anounced that BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN and the E street band will be doing the half time of the superbowl my guess is them.

They never split (permanently), so how could they reform?

Dammit, I wasn't going to post again in this thread. :slapface:

They were just recently on tour, this past year. It's not them.

My money is still on Genesis with Gabriel on vocals and Collins on drums era lineup.

I'm with you leddy. This is the only (British) act that would come anywhere near causing a big stir if they reformed. Now, anyway. I would of said Pink Floyd, if Rick was still was us.....

Hmmmmmmmmm, well there ain't many bands that have enough original members still alive to reform properly.

Pink Floyd is still realistic without Rick Wright, as history testifies to, but commercially they would be a bigger draw than Led Zeppelin, as they have a "wider audience" so it is not them.

Fleetwood Mac, is another serious contender as there was a lot of talk about them touring again, possibly in 2009, last year. BUT, I don't this prospect would get most "early 1970s teenage boys" hot under the collar.

Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars would have been a serious contender if Mick Ronson was still alive.

Genesis, hmmmmmmmm, at least they are all still alive, but the word "excitement" and Genesis are not necessarily commensurate. I'd be interested to see them with Gabriel, but they were less commercially popular during his tenure, so not sure this would be comparable second only to Zep.

Could it be referring to, The Faces," which has already been confirmed as happening in 2009?

Indi.

Edited by indigomoonbeam

I'm with you leddy. This is the only (British) act that would come anywhere near causing a big stir if they reformed. Now, anyway. I would of said Pink Floyd, if Rick was still was us.....

I think you may be onto something with the Genesis thing, theyve hinted at it a lot.

I dont think Gilmour and Waters will play again, especially without Rick and a Gilmour/Mason tour is hardly going to get people overly excited in comoparison to 'Pink Floyd' (no offence to either of them I would get VERY excited but your average person wouldnt).

Fleetwood Mac has already been confirmed (sort of) and the current lineup isnt the early '70s one.

I also wouldnt say the Faces are 'second to Led Zeppelin.' The only band I would say that about is Floyd, possibly they will do something in memory of Rick but Gilmour seemed very uncomfortable on stage at Live 8 and that was for four songs so dont know if he could take a whole show.

:lol: Don't think the Monkees (or Monkeys ;) ) would raise that much of an interest, even if Mike Nesmith got on board.

Posh that thought! I'd be the first onboard for a Monkee's reunion. So long as they got back their original 4 some including Peter Tork, Davey Jones and Mickey Dolenz along with Mike Nesmith.

I can be a Daydream Believer can't I ?

Posh that thought! I'd be the first onboard for a Monkee's reunion. So long as they got back their original 4 some including Peter Tork, Davey Jones and Mickey Dolenz along with Mike Nesmith.

I can be a Daydream Believer can't I ?

I've actually seen them without Mike Nesmith :bagoverhead: Definitely lacked Mike's contributions.

I've actually seen them without Mike Nesmith :bagoverhead: Definitely lacked Mike's contributions.

Really !?! Lucky You, even with Peter Tork?

I've seen Mickey Dolenz just walking around, but not performing onstage.

Really !?! Lucky You, even with Peter Tork?

I've seen Mickey Dolenz just walking around, but not performing onstage.

Yup, even with Peter Tork :D Some of the fans in the audience were almost more entertaining than the show :blink::o